Performance, quality, and sheer luxury are rooted in the DNA of the Southerly 480. An imposing design, beautifully styled, sleek, powerful, and thoroughly modern, her quality of construction and finish stands out amongst the mass of production boats. She is a testament to the proudest traditions of British luxury yacht building. It is an exceptional yacht that will be enjoyed and appreciated by the whole crew.
The Southerly 480, built with a variable draft swing keel, twin rudder arrangement, and substantial skeg, provides the impressive stability and performance required for a bluewater sailing yacht. While at the same time allowing for exploring of anchorages and harbors no other boat this size could access, this is thanks to the just 3’ 3” draft when the keel is fully up.
SOUTHERLY 480 FEATURES:
- Built to order by expert craftspeople in England.
- Ballast plate and variable draft swing keel (3’ 3” up & 10’ 2” down)
- Comfortable aft cabin with a center-line berth
- Two or three cabin layouts with two heads
- Solant rig (twin headsails) with in-mast furling mainsail