2002 47' Beneteau 473
The Beneteau 473 combines extraordinary interior comfort, volume, and light with bluewater strength. This design offers a unique combination of elegant lines with extraordinary space and performance. The Beneteau 473 was awarded 2001 Boat of the Year Best Production Cruiser.
3-Cabin, 3-Head, Shoal Draft (5' 7"), ICW Friendly (approx. 63')
Marcella D is a nicely equipped, one owner Beneteau 473. She was built in France and delivered to the BVI where she spent five years before her owner relocated her to the US. She's had one owner since 2002 who knows every inch of the boat like the back of his hand. He's taken great care of the vessel and will gladly share maintenance records and train her new owners upon transfer.
Marcella D is available for inspection at Safe Harbor Skull Creek Marina on Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Model Year2002
- DesignerJean-Marie FINOT
- LOA47.5 ft
- Beam14.17 ft
- Dry Weight24,273 lb
- Engines Total Power75 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model4JH3TE
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power75 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks240 gallon
- Fuel Tanks62 gallon
The spacious interior of Marcella D has a large salon with an open galley, three heads, three cabins and a navigation station. The space is bright, comfortable and features attractive cherry joinery and blue upholstery. There are fixed windows, opening ports, and opening hatches throughout the space.
The large forward Owner's Cabin has a double island berth and a seat to port. There is plenty of storage with two shelves along the hull, one drawer under the berth, a large hanging locker and shelving with slotted doors to port and starboard.
- (2) fixed hull ports
- (4) opening deck hatches
- 220 v outlet
- 12 v USB socket
- 110 v outlet
- 6' 3" headroom
- CO alarm
- Smoke alarm
The Forward Head is located on the starboard side. It is accessible from the owner's cabin. The head has a separate shower with folding doors, Raritan Marine Elegance fresh-water electric flush toilet (2012), 30 gallon holding tank, mirror–fronted cupboard for toiletries, one opening hatch, and a cupboard under the sink.
There is a U-shaped seating area in the Salon to starboard with an expandable salon table mounted on aluminum legs with extensions. The seating area and table converts to a double berth. Storage is available under the seating and outboard.
- (5) fixed hull ports
- (1) opening Lewmar port
- (2) opening hatches
- Large triple panoramic skylight window (new in 2020)
- Smoke alarm
- (2) speakers
The functional Galley is adjacent to the Salon on the port side of the vessel. It features a stainless steel 4-burner propane stove with oven, a large counter, double stainless steel sink, Dometic/Grunert top opening freezer and front opening refrigerator (new in 2014), hot/cold water, separate filtered drinking water, draining rack and two 220 V outlets.
The Nav Area is aft of the salon on the starboard side. There is a chart table, seat and space for electronics (chart plotter/radar and VHF).
- Locker under and next to seat
- Electric panel
- Drawer for storage
- Storage under chart table
There are two symmetrical Aft Cabins, each with:
- Double berth
- Shelf along the hull
- Hanging locker
- (2) slotted door cabinets
- (2) opening ports
- (1) opening hatch
- (1) fixed port
- 220 v outlet
- 12 V USB socket
- 6' 5"+ headroom
- CO alarm
Finally, there are two Aft Heads, each with:
- 22 gallon holding tank
- Jabsco fresh-water electric flush toilet in aft port head (new in 2014)
- Jabsco sea water pump flush toilet in the starboard aft head
- No-odor sanitary hoses (Shields Series 105 Poly X), all heads (new in 2012)
- Hot/cold water
- Opening port
- Garmin GPSMap 10" Chartplotter (1040XS) at the Nav (2015)
- Garmin 441S at the Helm (2015)
- Raymarine Autopilot
- Garmin Radar GMR 21/41 (2007)
- VHF - West Marine VHF580 at Nav
- Sony Marine Series radio with Bluetooth
Sloop rig with an anodized aluminum mast and boom with a furling genoa and full batten mainsail. All sheets and furling lines are led back to the cockpit for ease of use.
- North/South Full batten Mainsail with slides (2006)
- North/South Furling 140% Genoa (2007) approx. 1,129 SF
- Mainsail stack pack and lazy jack system (2013)
- Mainsheet traveler on the coachroof with control lines led to the cockpit
- Running rigging replaced in 2014
- Per the Beneteau 473 brochure the airdraft is 63'
- Stainless steel rod rigging (1 x 19)
- Double backstays
- All chainplates are stainless steel and fixed to the side decks
- The shroud chainplates are secured to the inner mounding by stainless steel tie-rods
- Rigid boom vang with tackle led back to cockpit
- (2) Harken 56.2 STC genoa sheet winches (port and starboard)
- (2) Harken 40.2 STC winches on the coachroof (port and starboard)
- 75 HP Yanmar diesel engine with 4,475 hours
- New motor mounts (1/2017)
- New propeller in 2016. The old prop was refurbished and is available as a spare
- 4 KW Fisher Panda Generator with 2,315 hours
- Replaced engine and generator fuel lines (9/2017)
- Replaced the Generator and Engine exhaust mufflers and hoses in 2017
- Replaced the Generator starter in 2019
- The engine is easily accessible on three sides
- Engine/Bilge heater (XTREME 300-525 watt (11/2016)
- (3) heads
- 6 gallon hot water heater
- 5.7 gallon/hour fresh water pressure system
- Separate potable water faucet in Galley with dedicated filtration system
- Hot/cold cockpit shower
- (2) Electric bilge pumps with independent overboard discharge
- Seawater foot pump and icebox drainage
- (4) fresh water tanks at 60 gallons each
- Mastervolt Mass Combi 12/2500-100 sine wave inverter/charger system integrated with solar power cells on arch, with engine alternator charging system, shore power, and generator (new 03/2012)
- 4 KW Fischer Panda Generator with 2,315 hours
- 220 v, 50 hz electric system
- 220 v to 110 v transformer and one 110 v outlet
- 12 v system
- Electric control panel with 16-switch 12 v electric panel and 4-switch 220 v panel.
- 12 v socket
- (2) MasterVolt AGM 12/160 Group 4D sealed marine batteries (07/2017) for house bank
- (1) West Marine AGM Group 34 starting battery for main engine (2015)
- (1) West Marina AGM Group 34 starting battery for generator (new 2018)
- LED navigation lights
- LED interior lighting
- High bilge alarm (new 2017)
- Holding tank level indicator system (new 2013)
- Refrigeration/Freezer digital control system (new 2015)
Large aft cockpit featuring twin helms, a swim platform and double leaf table.
- Twin wheels
- Two pedestal-mounted compasses
- Throttle control on port pedestal
- Emergency tiller
- (5) cockpit lockers, including a propane locker
- Teak slatted cockpit benches
- Cockpit table
- (2) speakers
- Bimini, Dodger, Connector and Bimini Extension. The bimini extension connects to the arch and covers both helms
- Swim platform with a ladder
- Hot/cold water cockpit shower
- Shore power cable hard-wired, eliminating need for onboard socket for shore power cable
- Zarcor companionway doors with tinted windows and no-see-um screens (new in 2019). Bent boards can be installed, without removing the doors.
The deck of the Beneteau 473 is easy to safely navigate thanks to wide side decks, recessed hatches, double lifelines, and hand rails. Some features include:
- Arch, Davits and Solar - Wells' Marine arch with davits, supports two Kyocera 130W solar cells, Garmin radar mast, GPS antenna and Sirius/XM weather satellite antenna. Includes high davits for raising dingy for ocean sailing. (new in 2008)
- 1200 W Electric Windlass
- Stainless steel bow fittings
- (6) aluminum cleats with stainless steel protection on the teak cap rail
- Teak capped bulwark
- All exterior teak refinished in June of 2020
- (2) Anchor rollers
- Anchor well with two separate chain/rode lockers
- (1) 35 lb galvanized non-hinged plow anchor with 150' of 3/8" chain and 100' rode
- (1) 26 lb galvanized fluke anchor with 50' of 3/8" chain and 200' rode
The single-skinned hull is of GRP construction. The structure is reinforced at various points (keel, rudder, chain plates, deck line, etc.). A structural single-skinned inner moulding is bonded and laminated to the hull. Its structural role is important as it takes and absorbs the stresses at pressure points (chain plate tie rods, keel, rudder, etc.) and spreads any loads, guaranteeing reduced strain on the hull. The surface of the inner moulding makes cleaning easier and provides a better finish.
The deck is of sandwich (fiberglass/balsa) construction for an optimal strength/weight ratio and excellent thermal and sound insulation. A ‘diamond point’ non-slip surface increases safety over all areas of movement on deck.
The hull/deck joint is secured by way of a bonded and screwed teak bulwark. This mechanical assembly ensures that the hull/deck joint is watertight and provides extra safety while moving about on deck.
The keel is cast iron. It is attached to the boat by a system of screws and stainless steel backing plate and bonding. To improve the durability, the keel is given anti corrosion treatment and improved finish in the factory before assembly, using epoxy based coatings and paint.
Single Rudder with glass composite stock.
- Last hauled in September 2019
- Last oil change in March of 2020
- The bottom was painted with Seahawk Biocop TF in October of 2018
- Zincs replaced May 2020
- Spent five years in charter with Sunsail in the BVI
- One owner
- DISCLOSURE: The Seller reported fiberglass/gel coat damage to the hull and port aft rail caused by Hurricane Matthew. The damage was professionally repaired by Marine Tech Services, Hilton Heads Island, SC. There is no reported mechanical damage or water intrusion.
- Documented Vessel
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
MATT J. MALATICH
843-872-8080 | www.sjyachts.com | email@example.com
Charleston City Marina
13 Lockwood Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Broker of fine yachts and US Sales Agent for Discovery Shipyard's full range including, Discovery, Southerly and Bluewater Catamarans
Agent for Beneteau and Lagoon in Maryland
S&J Yachts is the Island Packet Specialist!
Charleston, SC | Annapolis, MD | Rock Hall, MD | Deltaville, VA | Palmetto, FL | New Bern, NC | Stuart, FL | Castine, ME