1998 41' Tartan 4100
THE OWNER OF "TALLY HO" HAS AUTHORIZED A PRICE REDUCTION OF $20,000 - MAKING HER AN OUTSTANDING BUY !
WE SUGGEST YOU MAY WANT TO CALL US NOW TO SET AN APPOINTMENT....
When Tim Jackett designed the Tartan 4100, he designed a beautiful and pleasing boat to the eye but, even more impressive is her sailing performance. TALLY HO is a lovely example of this design.
Her owners have equipped her well and continue to improve her and maintain.
Recently, in 2019 and 2018 she's had the following...
- New house and start batteries
- New Bimini, Dodger, Connector and Stack Pack
- New cabin sole and interior woodwork/refinishing
- New high output alternator and, done right by adding the Yanmar serpentine pulley conversion kit
- New reverse cycle heat and air unit - aft unit
Earlier, from 2014 to 2017 she had good structural maintenance including
- Rebedding all ports
- Exterior teak refinishing
- New Lewmar anchor windlass
- New main and forward hatches
Please, review the listing and call to see this special girl.
- BuilderTartan Yachts
- Model Year1998
- DesignerTim Jackett
- LOA41 ft
- Beam13.5 ft
- Engines Total Power47 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model3JH2-TE
- Engine Power47 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks100 gallon
- Fuel Tanks50 gallon
- Holding Tanks24 gallon
Tally Ho has a wonderful layout for cruising or, just spending the day on the water. The head, galley, nav station and entrance to the aft cabin are all close to the companionway. In rough conditions, the captain and crew will appreciate that.
Two couples can sleep comfortably and either cabin can be used as the owner's cabin. The cabins provide comfortable sleeping as well as good storage and ventilation.
The main saloon is beautiful, with facing settees and a centre line drop leaf table.
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air for comfort
- Green Ultrasuede cushions
- Cherry joinery - just beautiful
- Tally Ho's galley offers corian counters, and plenty of work and storage space.
- Double SS Sinks
- Force 10 Three Burner Propane Stove w/ Oven
- LPG Sniffer
- Sea Frost Top and front loading refrigerated ice box and freezer
- Ample Storage Lockers
- Pantry Storage Across from Galley
- Autohelm ST 50 Speed, Depth & AWI
- Autohelm ST6000 Below Deck Autopilot
- Autohelm Navcenter 600 GPS Chartplotter in Coaming
- RayMarine Radar in Coaming
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio
- Windlass Controls
Electronics at Nav Station
- NavCenter 600 Plotter
- SGC SSB Radio
- Raytheon VHF Radio
- Link 1000 Interverter Control
- Link 10 Battery Monitor
- 12VDC Breaker Panel
- 110VAC Breaker Panel / Dual Shore Systems for Air Con
- North Sails
- Full Batten Mainsail - Dacron - 2006- with Stack Pack (Stack Pack 2018)
- 130% Genoa on Harken Roller Furling - 2005
- Offshore Rod Vang
- Offshore Double Spreader Rig - extruded aluminum mast and boom
- Harken ST Winches throughout
- Harken Inboard Genoa Tracks
- Harken Deck Hardware
- Lewmar Electric Anchor Windlass
- Deck Washdown
- Dual Anchor Rollers
- Primary Anchor is a Bruce with chain and rode
- Secondary Anchor is a Delta with chain and rode
- Second Hawse Pipe for Spare Anchor
- New Dodger with side and aft grab rails, Bimini and Connecting Panel Toast Sunbrella - 2018
- Cockpit Cushions
- Dinghy Davits - SS
- Stern Pole for Radar and Engine Lift
- Stern Mount for Dink Engine
- MOM8 Man Overboard Module
- Tally Ho has full 12V and 110V systems with panel at Nav station
- Dual 110V Shore Power Systems
- Freedom 10 Heart Inverter
- House Bank - 2 - 8D Batteries with 400+ amp hours
- Engine Start is one Group 27
- Yanmar Diesel Engine
- Diesel tank cleaned - 2013
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water
- Foot Pump for Fresh Water
- Mechanical and Electrical Bilge Pumps
- SeaFrost Holding Plate Frig / Freezer Systems
- Deck Washdown System
- Dual Unit Air Conditioning Systems Fore & Aft
- AC Circulation Pump replaced-2013
- Water Maker
- New Raritan Head with Fresh Water Flush -2016
- Y-Valve System for Holding Tank
- Macerator System for Pump-Out Offshore
Tally Ho is a well equipped Tartan 4100. She is well thought out and has done some coastal cruising, but mainly Chesapeake Bay sailing/cruising. Tally Ho has been well cared for and loved.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Hull
- White Boot & Cove Stripes
- White Deck w/ Sand Color Contasting Nonskid
- Sikkens on exterior teak - refinished fall 2011
- Electric Windlass
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air (two units)
- RayMarine Radar / Plotter
- Offshore Capable
As with all Tartans, the 4100 has both strength and speed. Her moderate displacement hull is built with a sandwich core made from unidirectional "E" glass and Baltek balsa. Extensive framing, structural floor timbers and full structurally bonded bulkheads maintain the rigidity of her hull, while producing a greater load carrying ability. The 4100 is "stick built" using proven quality construction techniques. Her deck is constructed with the same structural integrity as the hull, yet omits balsa where hardware installation occurs. Her delicate, balanced under-body provides exhilarating performance in all wind and sea conditions. The 4100 is a worthy addition to the Tartan fleet of performance-minded cruisers. Within the cockpit, her 44-inch stainless steel wheel sits upon a grand pedestal console complete with teak table and assembled with space for future installations. Teak-covered storage bins provide a delicate accent to her fiberglass deck, while adding a handy compartment for small goods and genoa sheets. Extensive seating can properly fit a party of eight, while the helmsmen and few crew work the lines. Tailored to be two-handed, sail controls are led aft. Her custom fabricated masthead rig and lines provide easy handling, while her comprehensive package of Harken hardware and other brand name equipment are fitted specifically for function and manageability. Logical in layout, her deck is easily maneuverable and safety minded, with patterned, contrasting non-skid; housetop hand rails; 27-inch lifelines and tall, teak toe-rails. Generous in all her accommodations, she gives extra attention to the cook and navigator. Bountiful in stowage amid spacious lockers with louvered doors, dove-tailed drawers and elongated lockers, she can effortlessly be provisioned for long distance cruising or live aboard. The standard layout is with a large aft cabin. Owners live forward or aft, as both cabins are equally suited for comfort. Tally Ho features a varnished cherry interior with teak and holly cabin sole. This layout is well proven offshore, inshore or living aboard. The aft cabin has access to the head with give the crew passage aft when the cook is busy at work still.
Give the Tartan 4100 a thorough look, we think you'll agree her functionality is unsurpassed!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have or if you wish to schedule an appointment. Jack Malatich