2005 37' Southerly 115
Take her home.
Why Own a Southerly 115?
- This is a custom built yacht, not a production boat. The fit and finish are first class.
- The swing keel is operated by hydraulics with the push of a button. With the keel up you can go anywhere a powerboat can (28” draft). With the keel down you get an 8’2” draft and excellent upwind performance.
- The bow thruster makes the yacht very maneuverable when having to operate in tight quarters or in conditions of wind and current activity. Kiss docking problems good bye.
- The variable draft is perfect for gunkholing in the Chesapeake Bay, sailing in Florida Bay behind the Keys and traversing the ICW without having to stop when the tide is out. And when you go aground (which you will), simply push a button to raise the keel and you are off. Forget waiting for hours stuck on a bank for Sea Tow to get you off. Perfect for the ICW.
- Great Escape is a veteran of two ICW passages to the Florida Keys and the west coast each lasting over 4 months.
- At 37’, Great Escape is ideally sized for single handing with all controls easily accessible from the helm position in the center cockpit. Unlike larger yachts, she can make it under 55’ bridges like the Julia Tuttle in Miami and the Caloosahatchee River bridges in Fort Myers. You can go where slightly larger yachts cannot.
- There is redundancy by having two sets of instruments: in the cockpit and at the nav station. There is even a throttle at the nav station so the yacht can be piloted in extreme conditions from inside using autopilot to steer.
- Discovery Yachts recently purchased Southerly and have incorporated them into their product line. The original Southerly factory facility in Inchenor remains open as a service center for Southerly yachts and can answer questions and supply replacement parts.
2019 New Bimini Top with enclosure and bug screens
2018 New Garmin Electronics - included mast mounted radar, cockpit instruments include chart plotter and autopilot on the pod by the wheel and two multis for wind/depth/speed above the companionway. At the nav station there is a chart plotter, autopilot and a Multi display.
2018 AGM House Batteries (2)
2015 New Main and 135 Genoa - Tasker Sails
Custom Mattress in aft cabin
Call, email today to make an appointment to come see her. She is on the hard at Port Annapolis.
- Model Year2005
- LOA37 ft
- Beam12 ft
- Minimum Draft2.33 ft
- Engines Total Power40 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model3JH3E
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power40 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks45 gallon
- Fuel Tanks40 gallon
- Holding Tanks20 gallon
Since the original Southerly 115 series I was introduced into the Southerly range in 1983, she has outrivalled many yachts of her size. Following on from the series II, and series III, the new Southerly 115 benefits from over twenty years of continuous development. Combined with the existing Rob Humphrey's Swing Keel' the new twin rudder configuration and increased mainsail area provide outstanding sailing performance and improved handling.
When you enter this yacht through the companion way you are greeted by an open and airy galley to port and the nav station to starboard with full views outside. There are stainless steel grab rails everywhere, the American Cherry joinery is stunning, and storage abounds. Concertina blinds which are extremely functional, cover the raised salon windows. There are custom curtains on all the ports and even a nice area starboard of the companion way used as a wet locker. For more details on the galley and nav station see below.
Forward of the galley and down a step is the large salon to port with generous "U" shaped seating and a settee to starboard. The table pivots and also raises to the ceiling to allow easy access to the port settee at both the forward and aft ends. The table also lowers to convert to a double berth and can expand to allow additional seating for dining on the starboard side. Two large storage areas are found under both the starboard and port settees. The starboard seat converts into a single berth by removing the aft vertical cushion to reveal a foot well.
Forward of the salon is the forward cabin. It boasts two single berths with storage outboard and under. To port there is an outboard shelf and to starboard there is a large pull out storage bin. Forward there are two drop lockers. This space also offers excellent lighting with an opening foredeck hatch with screen /shade blind and two side ports. The two over and under berths are 78" in length.
The Nav Station - located in the raised salon offers panoramic views and sports engine control/throttle and an auto pilot control to provide for a nice warm and dry option to pilot the vessel. Equipped with a GPS/chart-potter, VHF, and two Garmon repeaters, provide ample data.
Aft of the nav station to starboard is the head. There is a large window here with blinds for plenty of light and great headroom. It boasts a Jabasco sea toilet with both holding tank and overboard discharge capability. There is a vanity with a large sink, hot and cold pressure water, a pull out shower head, solar extractor fan, and a seat over the toilet. Storage includes outboard closed shelves and a large locker under the sink.
Aft of the galley is the passageway to the master cabin. In the passageway inboard are 2 doors which provide excellent engine room access. Outboard there is a large hanging locker with additional storage for the salon berth filler. Aft of this passageway is a private door to the aft cabin.
The aft cabin has a double berth with filler and a very nice seat and vanity to starboard with 6 feet of head room. The queen berth is approx 78" by 52". There is a storage locker also to starboard and three deep cupboards aft. This space also offers excellent lighting with an opening aft deck hatch with screen / shade blind and 6 ports, 4 of which open.
- 2 AC / heat pump units; one in main cabin and on in aft cabin
- Teak and holly flooring
- Finished in American cherry.
- Full interior lighting.
- Lewmar roller shade/screen on forward and aft hatch
- Custom bedding, sheets/spreads with “box” spring equivalent master birth and two V births.
The galley is to port as you first come down the companionway with excellent lighting and views outside. This makes for excellent access to the cockpit. It boasts generous stowage and counter space.There is a nice cubby just forward of the galley for all the small things, a closed cupboard with a shelf outboard, and three drawers below. Headroom is just over six feet by the saloon table, increasing to about 6' 4" by the nav station and galley.
- Handy grab rail all around
- Two Sinks
- Hot / Cold Pressure Water
- Plastimo Neptune 2500 gimbaled, two Burner Stove/Oven
- Trident gas control system
- Front loading Isotherm Refrigerator / Freezer
- Separate Large Top Loading Freezer
- Trash Bin
The Southerly 115 is a masthead rigged sloop with two spreader mast. The mast and boom are Selden designed and built with anodised aluminum. The standing rigging is all stainless steel. There is Jiffy reefing (2) reefs active, (3) available. The sails are made by Tasker and purchased in 2015, The main is a battened slab sail, with UV strip. The 125% genoa is on a Furlex Furler.
- Mainsail(new standard hoist battened mainsail to be delivered by the end of August) with stack pack (288 SQ FT); Sail Cover
- Furling Genoa (375 SQ FT); Overlapping 125%
- Spinnaker (746 SQ FT); Asymmetric spinnaker (like new), has snuffer sleeve
- Seldon MDS cars for main
- Genoa cars
- Tall mast option
- Rod Kicker Vang with gas insert added
- Sheet leads led to cockpit
- Lewmar 44 sheet winches x 2 (self tailing)
- Lewmar 16 sheet winches x 2 (self Tailing)
- Lewmar mast winch (30 AST)
- Spinlock clutches
Great Escape is a powered with a Yanmar 40 HP auxillary. Alternator charging to 1 x 12 volt engine/windlass/thruster battery and 2 x 12 volt house batteries all AGM.
The engine access is excellent, from two large doors in the passageway to the aft cabin, and also a removable panel under the companionway.
- Max Prop with Rope Cutter
- Electric Windlass (Lewmar H2 12V 1000W) with controls at bow
- Shore Power hookup, (1) for AC/heat pumps and (1) for everything else. Each is 120/30 AMP
- 12 volt / 240 volt distribution panel panel Galvanic isolator
- Two house batteries and one starter/windlass/bow thruster battery; all AGM
- Xantrex battery monitor
- Masthead diffuser with ground plate.
- Engine controls at the helm
- Separate 120 V AC panel
Hand laid up heavy duty GRP molding, incorporating multi-axial and unidirectional reinforcements for strength and impact resistance. The hull is cored above the water line and solid glass below. Thickness increases progressively toward the keel area. The keel box is an integral part of the hull layup. There is a substantial skeg fitted on centerline to protect the propeller and rudders when the yacht is sitting on the bottom.
The Swing Keel is raised and lowered by hydraulic ram powered by an electrically driven pump with hand operated backup. The push button control to raise and lower the keel and a gauge to show the keel position is fitted at the pedestal.
Decks are white with a nonslip and easy to get around. Raised teak capped bulwarks provide extra comfort and safety. Forward is a stainless steel stem head fitting with twin bow rollers. Salon windows and ports are partially reflective toughened glass. Lifeline gates on both port and starboard sides open forward and midships. Large cockpit storage locker.
- Bimini has safety grab bar over it’s entire length
- New bimini 2019
- Stainless steel split pulpit, pushpit, lifelines & guardwires, with gates both sides
- Single teak seats on stern pushpit
- Bruce 15kg anchor, 100 feet of chain
- Double stainless steel bow roller
- Boat hook (2)
- Various fenders & lines
- Emergency tiller
- Redundant topping lift
- Teak toe rail and cockpit seats
- Whitlock Steering, twin rudders
- Folding boarding ladder
- 2 generous storage areas in cockpit
- Safety harness padeyes
- Teak grate for cockpit sole
- cockpit shower
All New in 2018 Garmin electronics.
2 GPSmap 7608 (Helm and Nav Station)
4 Repeaters (1 Nav, 2 Companionway, 1 Helm)
1 Garmin Wind Monitor
2 VHF Icom (Nav Station and Helm)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
An avid sailor and fisherman, I bring to you over 45 years of on the water experience with over 8000 blue water miles. Through the years I have enjoyed a variety of positions in the marine industry - a former director of the J-World Sailing schools, rigger, professional coach, and yacht racer, delivery crew and captain. I bring to you a vast understanding of boats large and small, monohulls to multihulls and sailing or power. If you are looking to sell your yacht please give me a call or text to 443 822 0984 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.