50' Celestial 50 1998
This Celestial 50 is a must see. It's an excellent liveaboard yacht and she is in great condition. If you are on the fence about travelling to see Peaceful Existence do yourself a favor and come to Charleston. You won't be disappointed.
The Celestial 50 is equally confident in the Intracoastal or on the high seas. It features a large protected cockpit, cutter rig, spacious pilothouse with great visibility, interior and exterior helms, a remodeled galley, and a gorgeous blond teak interior.
Interior highlights of Peaceful Existense include her lovely blond teak joinery, the spacious, light-filled pilothouse salon, a smartly remodeled galley and her 5-star owner's stateroom. The interior space is inviting, attractive, comfortable and most importanly functional.
The raised Pilothouse Salon is accessible from both the cockpit and through a sliding door on the starboard side near the interior helm station. There is excellent visibility through large "toughened" pilothouse windows and the vessel can easily be operated from the interior helm station. There is an entertainment cabinet with storage located to port followed by a large U-shape settee with a table. To starboard is the inside helm station with a seat and a full suite of electronics. Just aft is a navigation desk with storage and a removable swivel seat. Most of the salon floor lifts up to provide access to a storage and a huge mechanical area, which is very clean!
The smartly remodeled Galley is forward of the salon and a few steps down. To port is the U-shape galley work area, with a large sink, stove/oven, microwave, freezer, refrigerator, plenty of storage and a solid surface counter-top with matching cutting board. To starboard there are two seats, a counter, a refrigerator, an ice maker and trash compactor. The center portion of the counter slides out to create a two person dinette. This innovative arrangement provides a nice seating area plus additional counter space and room for appliances.
Forward of the galley to port is the Forward Head with a sink, toilet and shower. The head is accessible from the hall and the forward stateroom.
The Forward Stateroom has a good sized V-berth and a tremendous amount of storage, including drawers and a large hanging locker. The space has an overhead hatch, two opening ports and fans.
Aft of the salon is the impressive Owner's Stateroom. It's truly worthy of a 5-star rating. There's a Queen size bed, two chairs, a desk with a swivel chair, two large closets, cabinets, drawers and a Owner's head with a deep tub and shower.
Fully renovated in 2013 with Corian countertops, an oversized sink, stove, built-in spice rack, pull-out breakfast dinette table with seating for two, and an overhead skylight for additional natural light.
- Water Maker - Spectra-Catalina 300
- Washer Dryer - Splendide Comb-o-matic
- Refrigerator - Norcold top loading refrigerator approx. 5 cu. ft. (DC)
- Refrigerator - 7 cu. ft. under counter refrigerator (DC)
- Freezer - Top loading Technautics Cool Blue DC system (2015), with engine driven Freon compressor for backup
- Ice Maker - U-Line
- Trash Compactor - Broan
- Microwave - Haier
The deck and cockpit layout on the Celestial 50 is ideally suited for offshore sailing. Wide side decks with hand rails, and sturdy stainless steel railings sorrounding the deck, help to ensure safety while moving about.
The foredeck is accessible through a sliding door on the starboard side of the pilothouse and via the sidedecks from the cockpit. On the foredeck there is a large chain locker with a windlass and a deck washdown.
The aft deck is the perfect "staging" area. There are two large storage lockers, two stern seats and steps leading to the water.
The well-protected cockpit is fully covered by a bimini and features comfortable seating for eight around a folding table. There two seats at the helm and there is excellent visibility.
- Hull, cabin and bulwarks were repainted in 2017/2018
- Hull and deck joint is through-bolted and finished with an aluminum rub-rail for superior strength
- Solid 1/8" stainless steel railings in lieu of lifelines
- Transom steps and a drop down stainless steel swim ladder
- Integral stern seats
- Aft deck hot & cold shower
- Magma Catalina BBQ with separate 10 lb. aluminum tank
- Davits with easy lifting hoist
- Dinghy cradle on foredeck
- Stainless steel rod holder
- 4 line bags aft and forward
- Fresh water washdown at bow
- Lewmar anchor windlass with controls at boat hand helms
- Chain locker
- 66 lb. Bruce anchor with 200' chain
- 40 lb. Bruce anchor with roller and deployement system, 25' chain and 150' rode
- Stainless steel twin bow roller and pulpit
- Cutter rig with a stackpack mainsail and furling headsails
- Mainsail: Fully-battened UK mainsail with jiffy reefing, lazy jacks and a stack pack. The mainsail is nearing the end of its useful life
- Staysail: UK staysail with Profurl furling (new UV cover in 2018)
- Jib: UK 135% jib with Furlex furling (new UV cover in 2018)
- Sparcraft mast and boom
- Whisker pool
- Garhauer solid stainless steel boom vang
- 7/16" oversized stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Full set of redudndant halyards run and ready
- All lines lead aft to the cockpit, with the exception of the reefing lines
- (7) Lewmar self-tailing winches
- (1) Electric winch for main halyard, mainsheet, main traveler, staysail furling, staysail sheets, and boom vang
- (2) #58 two-speed self-tailing primary winches
- (1) #56 self-tailing, two-speed winch aft of cockpit
- (1) #46 self-tailing electric winch
- (2) #40 self-tailing winch on mast
- (1) #16 winch for reefing/outhaul
- Four (4) winch handles