44' Island Packet 440 2006
A spectacular example of the Island Packet 440, SEA STAR is a one-owner yacht that has been impeccably maintained over the past 13 years to Bristol status. The owners have recently removed all the deck hardware on the cap rail, stripped the teak back to bare wood, and lovingly refinished it to better than new condition. Cockpit canvas has just been replaced, and with a lengthy equipment list including Spectra water maker, huge house battery bank, plus solar- and wind-generated charging capabilities, SEA STAR will satisfy the most demanding cruiser/liveaboard, and is ready to venture off on new adventures with new owners. Complete maintenance logs, updated sails, and more value-added details are included.
The Island Packet 440 model replaced the very popular IP420 with several improvements to make it even better. A bigger and faster version of the 420, the IP440 has a larger swim platform, solid teak and oak cabin soles, solid acrylic countertops throughout, a forward facing nav station, larger fuel, water and holding tanks, and better performance with a longer waterline and more sail area.
SEASTAR is a stunning example of this hard to find Island Packet and is clearly the finest offering in US. Don't let this yacht slip through your fingers.
The Island Packet 440 is an updated and tweaked 420 with a still further improved floor plan, more elbow room, larger cockpit and swim platform. She is luxurious, comfortable and sea-kindly.
The Saloon features facing settees that have storage below and behind as well as a combination of cabinets and shelves above.. The Starboard side settee converts to a full berth and the port side is long enough for entertaining and napping. The cleverly designed IP dining table stores up against the bulkhead when not in use converting from a dining area to a great living/entertaining area. A smaller "wine and cheese" table sits on a pedestal and can be stowed when not in use. A large cedar-lined hanging locker is forward to port. A SAMSUNG flat screen TV with cable connections is located over the port side settee. The Saloon is also well ventilated by a large opening hatch, 4 opening ports and two dorades. All have screens and shades. A barometer is mounted on the main bulkhead to port. An 18,000 BTU air conditioning unit cools the whole area. Most interior lights have been upgraded to LED.
The starboard Nav Station is forward facing and it's large desk with inlaid Island Packet logo has a storage tray underneath the lid. The whole desk hinges up and away for maintenance to the genset, located under the large double nav seat, comfortable enough for two people to discuss their next destination. The 110V and 12V Electric Panel is outboard from the Nav Desk with a ICOM M504 VHF, C90 wide Raymarine MFD, ICOM 802 SSB, Blue Sky 3000i controller, Xantrax Link 20, and a Clarion Stereo with Sirius XM (subscription required) and two B&W speakers in the main saloon and two Clarion cockpit speakers.
Aft is the large "U" shaped Galley with generous counter space and storage for any food prep job. With solid acrylic countertops, Force 10 3-burner stove/oven, microwave, Frigiboat Keel Cooler equipped top loading refrigerator and freezer, pull-out trash bin and drawers and bins for dinnerware and cutlery. Two (2) 12v fans, an overhead hatch and an opening port provide plenty of ventialtion for the chef(s).
The Owner's Stateroom is forward with an Ensuite Head at the bow. The Head has a separate walk-in shower with a bifold glass door, solid acrylic countertop and sink and features a Vacu-Flush electric commode. Storage abounds with a large cabinet under the counter and a beautiful mirrored teak medicine cabinet above, plus two deep drawers across from the commode. An opening port and overhead hatch make the area light and airy.
The Owner's Berth is on the starboard side and is cleverly angled to allow easy access on either side without waking your significant other. (Really nice!!) The hinged foot of the berth rises for linen storage and there is a drawer by the head entry utilizing every available inch of space. The mattress itself is a custom 9" latex mattress for the ultimate in sleeping comfort. On the port side of the cabin's entry is a large cedar-lined hanging locker and a dressing seat and on Starboard is another cabinet for still more personal gear. A large, flat screen TV with DVD player is on the aft bulkhead. Three opening hatches, 4 opening ports and lots of ceiling and reading lights (all with shades and screens) plus a 12V fan and a Dorade vent keep this area comfortable no matter what the weather. A 7,000 BTU air conditioning unit is icing on the cake.
The Aft Day/Guest Head is aft of the saloon on port and also features a VacuFlush commode, sink and separate shower area. It has an entry from the saloon and another from the aft cabin. There is plenty of ventillation from an overhead hatch and opening port. There is a nice teak mirror, solid acrylic countertops and tumbler/cup holder.
You enter the Guest Cabin just aft of the Head from the main saloon. A hanging locker and bureau storage are just inside with plenty of floor space for dressing. The bunk top lifts on hydraulic struts to reveal linen storage under. Two (2) opening ports and an overhead hatch, plus a 12v fan, together with overhead and cabinside reading lights make the cabin functional and comfortable. A 10,000 BTU air conditioning unit in the large lazarette cools here and provides additional cooling power to the galley.
The Engine Compartment is under the companionway with access doors on either side and in front of the engine. You have total access to the drive train under the aft cabin's cushions. An upgraded Racor 500 filter with 3-way selector valve and pressure gauge swings out on an engine room door for easy access and maintenance.
- Solid Teak and Oak sole (freshly re-varnished) throughout all except working areas and heads
- Ocean Air Shades & Screens for all Opening Hatches
- Peek-a-Boo Shades and Screens for all Opening Ports
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water including fresh-water Cockpit Shower
- 35,000 BTU's total of Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioners
- Ultraleather Saloon Upholstery in "Mayan", a beautiful shade of teal
- VacuFlush Commodes in both Head
The Island Packet 440 has both a 110V Shorepower System with two 30 amp inlets (and a 50 amp splitter) and a large 12V Ship's System complimented by a genset and a high output alternator.
- 8KW MasPower Generator (850 hours)
- Balmar 100 Amp High Output Alternator w/Voltage Regulator
- Charles 5000 Series 60 Amp Battery Charger
- 700 amp hour AGM house bank - (2016)
- Dedicated engine and genset start batteries
- Prosine 2000 watt Inverter w/100 amp battery charger
- Xantrex Battery Monitor
- 3x Kyocera 85 watt solar panels; Blue Sky3000i monitor
- Marine Kinetics wind generator (new 2017)
- 2 - 50' 30-amp Shorepower Cords w/50 amp splitter
- RayMarine C120 wide MFD in pedestal pod
- Garmin 441S chartplotter
- Raymarine EV 400 autopilot with Hypro Marine ram (2012), P70 control head
- RayMarine ST60+ Knot, Depth and AWI in pod above companionway; graphic repeater and close hauled readouts at helm
- Ritchie SP-5 Compass at Helm
- ICOM Commander 3 RAM mike for VHF
- SCS USB modem -- PTC -II
- ICOM M504 VHF w/AIS
- RayMarine C90 MFD w/AIS receiver
- ICOM 802 SSB w/140 tuner and spare
- Pactor modem
- Blue Sky 3000i controller
- Xantrax Link 20 battery monitor
- Clarion Stereo with two B&W speakers in main saloon, two Clarion speakers in cockpit
- Sat Phone
The Island Packet 440 is Cutter Rigged with a Hoyt Self-Tacking Staysail Boom. She is mast head rigged with a double spreader, in-mast furling, Charleston Spar Rig w/Harken Furling on Staysail and Genoa. "SEA STAR" has a powerful rig with 1131 sq ft of sail area that is infinitely reefable with furling genoa, staysail and in-mast main.
- Morgan Sailmakers Hydranet mainsail (new 2016)
- Original Quantum mainsail as a spare
- Quantum Hydranet 135% Yankee (UV covers replaced 2016)
- 110% working jib in bag as backup
- Mack Sails Staysail upgrded to 9.77 oz cloth (2016)
- North Sails Asymetrical cruising chute with ATN sock and hardware (lightly used)
- 2x Lewmar 2-Speed 54CEST electric primary winches
- 2x Lewmar 2-Speed ST Halyard Winches on Mast
- Lewmar 42CEST electric Mainsail Winch on Coach Roof
- Lewmar 42ST reefing winch on Coach Roof
- Lewmar 2 Speed ST Staysail Sheet Winch on Coach Roof
- All winches recently serviced (2019)
- Spare Halyard