2006 44' Island Packet 440
A spectacular example of the Island Packet 440, SEA STAR is a one-owner yacht that has been impeccably maintained over the past 13 years to Bristol status. The owners have recently removed all the deck hardware on the cap rail, stripped the teak back to bare wood, and lovingly refinished it to better than new condition. Cockpit canvas has just been replaced, and with a lengthy equipment list including Spectra water maker, huge house battery bank, plus solar- and wind-generated charging capabilities, SEA STAR will satisfy the most demanding cruiser/liveaboard, and is ready to venture off on new adventures with new owners. Complete maintenance logs, updated sails, and more value-added details are included.
The Island Packet 440 model replaced the very popular IP420 with several improvements to make it even better. A bigger and faster version of the 420, the IP440 has a larger swim platform, solid teak and oak cabin soles, solid acrylic countertops throughout, a forward facing nav station, larger fuel, water and holding tanks, and better performance with a longer waterline and more sail area.
SEASTAR is a stunning example of this hard to find Island Packet and is clearly the finest offering in US. Don't let this yacht slip through your fingers.
- BuilderTraditional Watercraft, Inc.
- Model Year2006
- DesignerBob Johnson, N.A.
- LOA45.75 ft
- Beam14.33 ft
- Minimum Draft5 ft
- Engines Total Power75 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar 4JH3
- Engine Model4 Cylinder Turbo
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power75 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks260 gallon
- Fuel Tanks160 gallon
- Holding Tanks55 gallon
The Island Packet 440 is an updated and tweaked 420 with a still further improved floor plan, more elbow room, larger cockpit and swim platform. She is luxurious, comfortable and sea-kindly.
The Saloon features facing settees that have storage below and behind as well as a combination of cabinets and shelves above.. The Starboard side settee converts to a full berth and the port side is long enough for entertaining and napping. The cleverly designed IP dining table stores up against the bulkhead when not in use converting from a dining area to a great living/entertaining area. A smaller "wine and cheese" table sits on a pedestal and can be stowed when not in use. A large cedar-lined hanging locker is forward to port. A SAMSUNG flat screen TV with cable connections is located over the port side settee. The Saloon is also well ventilated by a large opening hatch, 4 opening ports and two dorades. All have screens and shades. A barometer is mounted on the main bulkhead to port. An 18,000 BTU air conditioning unit cools the whole area. Most interior lights have been upgraded to LED.
The starboard Nav Station is forward facing and it's large desk with inlaid Island Packet logo has a storage tray underneath the lid. The whole desk hinges up and away for maintenance to the genset, located under the large double nav seat, comfortable enough for two people to discuss their next destination. The 110V and 12V Electric Panel is outboard from the Nav Desk with a ICOM M504 VHF, C90 wide Raymarine MFD, ICOM 802 SSB, Blue Sky 3000i controller, Xantrax Link 20, and a Clarion Stereo with Sirius XM (subscription required) and two B&W speakers in the main saloon and two Clarion cockpit speakers.
Aft is the large "U" shaped Galley with generous counter space and storage for any food prep job. With solid acrylic countertops, Force 10 3-burner stove/oven, microwave, Frigiboat Keel Cooler equipped top loading refrigerator and freezer, pull-out trash bin and drawers and bins for dinnerware and cutlery. Two (2) 12v fans, an overhead hatch and an opening port provide plenty of ventialtion for the chef(s).
The Owner's Stateroom is forward with an Ensuite Head at the bow. The Head has a separate walk-in shower with a bifold glass door, solid acrylic countertop and sink and features a Vacu-Flush electric commode. Storage abounds with a large cabinet under the counter and a beautiful mirrored teak medicine cabinet above, plus two deep drawers across from the commode. An opening port and overhead hatch make the area light and airy.
The Owner's Berth is on the starboard side and is cleverly angled to allow easy access on either side without waking your significant other. (Really nice!!) The hinged foot of the berth rises for linen storage and there is a drawer by the head entry utilizing every available inch of space. The mattress itself is a custom 9" latex mattress for the ultimate in sleeping comfort. On the port side of the cabin's entry is a large cedar-lined hanging locker and a dressing seat and on Starboard is another cabinet for still more personal gear. A large, flat screen TV with DVD player is on the aft bulkhead. Three opening hatches, 4 opening ports and lots of ceiling and reading lights (all with shades and screens) plus a 12V fan and a Dorade vent keep this area comfortable no matter what the weather. A 7,000 BTU air conditioning unit is icing on the cake.
The Aft Day/Guest Head is aft of the saloon on port and also features a VacuFlush commode, sink and separate shower area. It has an entry from the saloon and another from the aft cabin. There is plenty of ventillation from an overhead hatch and opening port. There is a nice teak mirror, solid acrylic countertops and tumbler/cup holder.
You enter the Guest Cabin just aft of the Head from the main saloon. A hanging locker and bureau storage are just inside with plenty of floor space for dressing. The bunk top lifts on hydraulic struts to reveal linen storage under. Two (2) opening ports and an overhead hatch, plus a 12v fan, together with overhead and cabinside reading lights make the cabin functional and comfortable. A 10,000 BTU air conditioning unit in the large lazarette cools here and provides additional cooling power to the galley.
The Engine Compartment is under the companionway with access doors on either side and in front of the engine. You have total access to the drive train under the aft cabin's cushions. An upgraded Racor 500 filter with 3-way selector valve and pressure gauge swings out on an engine room door for easy access and maintenance.
- Solid Teak and Oak sole (freshly re-varnished) throughout all except working areas and heads
- Ocean Air Shades & Screens for all Opening Hatches
- Peek-a-Boo Shades and Screens for all Opening Ports
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water including fresh-water Cockpit Shower
- 35,000 BTU's total of Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioners
- Ultraleather Saloon Upholstery in "Mayan", a beautiful shade of teal
- VacuFlush Commodes in both Head
The Island Packet 440 has both a 110V Shorepower System with two 30 amp inlets (and a 50 amp splitter) and a large 12V Ship's System complimented by a genset and a high output alternator.
- 8KW MasPower Generator (850 hours)
- Balmar 100 Amp High Output Alternator w/Voltage Regulator
- Charles 5000 Series 60 Amp Battery Charger
- 700 amp hour AGM house bank - (2016)
- Dedicated engine and genset start batteries
- Prosine 2000 watt Inverter w/100 amp battery charger
- Xantrex Battery Monitor
- 3x Kyocera 85 watt solar panels; Blue Sky3000i monitor
- Marine Kinetics wind generator (new 2017)
- 2 - 50' 30-amp Shorepower Cords w/50 amp splitter
- RayMarine C120 wide MFD in pedestal pod
- Garmin 441S chartplotter
- Raymarine EV 400 autopilot with Hypro Marine ram (2012), P70 control head
- RayMarine ST60+ Knot, Depth and AWI in pod above companionway; graphic repeater and close hauled readouts at helm
- Ritchie SP-5 Compass at Helm
- ICOM Commander 3 RAM mike for VHF
- SCS USB modem -- PTC -II
- ICOM M504 VHF w/AIS
- RayMarine C90 MFD w/AIS receiver
- ICOM 802 SSB w/140 tuner and spare
- Pactor modem
- Blue Sky 3000i controller
- Xantrax Link 20 battery monitor
- Clarion Stereo with two B&W speakers in main saloon, two Clarion speakers in cockpit
- Sat Phone
The Island Packet 440 is Cutter Rigged with a Hoyt Self-Tacking Staysail Boom. She is mast head rigged with a double spreader, in-mast furling, Charleston Spar Rig w/Harken Furling on Staysail and Genoa. "SEA STAR" has a powerful rig with 1131 sq ft of sail area that is infinitely reefable with furling genoa, staysail and in-mast main.
- Morgan Sailmakers Hydranet mainsail (new 2016)
- Original Quantum mainsail as a spare
- Quantum Hydranet 135% Yankee (UV covers replaced 2016)
- 110% working jib in bag as backup
- Mack Sails Staysail upgrded to 9.77 oz cloth (2016)
- North Sails Asymetrical cruising chute with ATN sock and hardware (lightly used)
- 2x Lewmar 2-Speed 54CEST electric primary winches
- 2x Lewmar 2-Speed ST Halyard Winches on Mast
- Lewmar 42CEST electric Mainsail Winch on Coach Roof
- Lewmar 42ST reefing winch on Coach Roof
- Lewmar 2 Speed ST Staysail Sheet Winch on Coach Roof
- All winches recently serviced (2019)
- Spare Halyard
- Yanmar 75HP diesel engine w/MaxProp feathering three-blade prop, graphite packing in stuffing box. Upgraded Racor 500 fuel filters, 3-way selector valve and vacuum gauge; 2310 hours at time of listing
- Balmar 100 amp alternator w/Duo Charge controller
- Maspower 8kW genset w/ Racor fuel filter; 850 hours at time of listing
- Spectra 400 water maker (15 gallons/hour)
- VacuFlush Heads (2) with "Y" valve to overboard discharge or fiberglass holding tank
- Holding tank empties by deck pump out or overboard via a “Y” valve and macerator pump
- Electric Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump
- Two separate shower pans with sump pumps
- Baja Fuel filter, numerous spares
Island Packets have solid glass hulls with synthetically cored decks. There is a water-tight bulkhead between the Anchor Locker and Forward Head. She has a Spade Rudder that combined with the Full-Foil Keel, allows the 440 to track phenomenally well and yet is very maneuverable in tight marina places. The Bow Sprit/Platform is integral to the hull. The molded sugar scoop swim platform is large with steps from the cockpit on port and starboard. She is a very solid yacht.
- Lighthouse 1501 horizontal windlass with deck and handheld controls
- 65# Spade anchor w/200' of 3/8" HT (chain new 2016) and 100' of nylon rode
- Fortress FX37 secondary anchor w/50' chain and 300' 3-strand nylon rode
- FX55 storm anchor with 50' chain and 400' of 8-plait rode
- Deck Washdowns w/quick disconnects at bow and stern allow for selection of salt or fresh water; selector valve for fore or aft salt water use near pump
- Dodger and bimini combo with enclosure, Stratoglass panels (new 2019)
- Side sun shades for bimini (new 2019)
- 2” Cockpit Closed Cell cushions w/toast Textalene covers
- Teak Cockpit Table with Drop Down Leaves
- Leather Wheel Cover
- Stainless Steel Dorades vents with SS Guards
- Lifesling Man Overboard System on Stern Rail
- Hot/Cold Fresh Water Cockpit Shower
- Kato Dinghy Arch w/ radar, VHF, wind generator and solar panels mounted. Dinghy and outboard dinghy lift integrated into arch
- Carbon fiber/aluminum whisker pole
- Dutchman Boom Brake system
- Complete deck shade (in need of some repair)
- 9'6" AB dinghy w/chaps; 15HP Yamaha 2-stroke outboard
- Winslow life raft (certification not current)
- LPG line for grill (no grill included)
- LED running lights and tricolor at masthead
- EPIRB (battery not current)
- Jacklines for deck/cockpit; inflatable tethers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
S&J Yachts are the mid-Atlantic through Florida dealers for Island Packet Yachts and your source of experts in cruising sailboats, new and used. With more than 30 years experience with the brand, Bill Bolin is the Island Packet expert. Call him in Florida at (727) 743-3100 or email email@example.com for more information or to make an appointment to see this yacht.