1990 48' Little Harbor 48
A rare 1990 Little Harbor 48 designed by Ted Hood and constructed by Little Harbor Custom Yachts, Taiwan. This well-built ocean going vessel completed a five year circumnavigation with her previous owners. Given some updates, she is very capable of taking her next owners around the world in style.
Epiphany is a classic example of a "diamond in the rough" and her asking price reflects the fact that she needs updated electronics, and a partial exterior refit to restore her to her original grandeur.
Suggested work includes replacing electronics, repairing the refrigeration system, removal of the teak decks, inspecting the rigging, painting the spars, painting the hull, servicing and re-bedding deck hardware, prepping and painting the decks. Provided the suggested work is completed, this beautiful classic yacht will make her new owner proud.
Some highlights include:
- Shoal draft (center board down: 12' 07" center board up: 4' 06")
- 110 HP Yanmar with 36 hours. Engine and transmission replaced in 2016
- Spacious two cabin two head layout
- High quality interior joinery
- Center cockpit
The high-gloss teak interior joinery, and the teak and holly cabin sole on Epiphany are exceptional.
There are two spacious staterooms, two shower stalls, two heads, a comfortable salon, a dedicated navigation station and a linear galley.
In the Salon there is a dedicated dining area on the starboard side with an oval table surrounded by two settees. In the center of the salon, near the mast, is a large dry bar with an ice bucket and ample storage for drinks. To port is a long straight settee. The settees are upholstered with green leather and they convert to berths.
Aft to port is the Navigation Station. It houses electronics and the electrical panel. There is a navigation table with storage and a seat with a removable backrest.
The Galley is aft of the companionway on the starboard side. It features a Corian type counter and teak trim.
- Four (4) burner Mariner propane stove with oven/broiler
- Microwave oven
- Separate Freezer and Refrigerator by Grunert. The system is a combination of engine driven and 120 volt AC compressors (the two (2) compressors are independent of each other with dual refrigerant lines, providing backup in the event of failure in one part of the system. There is also a DC fridge compressor.
- The upright Grunert refrigerator and in counter Grunert freezer are INOP and need to be repaired
- Double stainless steel sinks
The Aft Stateroom has a large split berth with an insert. There is a private head with a toilet, vanity, sink and a separate shower.
The Forward Stateroom has storage lockers, bureaus and a large V-berth with an insert. The forward head is split with the sink and toilet on the port side and the shower in a separate room on the starboard side. Both heads have manual toilets with raw water intakes.
- Epiphany has ample storage throughout
- There are 12 volt fans in each cabin
- Quartz clock and barometer mounted in the salon
- Two (2) reverse cycle AC units
- Fixed windows in the hull side and Hood stainless steel opening ports
- Twelve (12) opening aluminum frame deck hatches
- Four (4) polished stainless steel cowl vents
- The bottom is molded fiberglass
- The hull is molded fiberglass with foam coring
- Solid fiberglass in areas of the sheer line, center line, rudder post, ports and thru hulls.
- Molded, cored fiberglass deck and cabin top with teak overlay bedded and fastened to the deck. (Recommend removing the teak decks, patching the fastener holes, and applying non-skid or a synthetic decking.)
- The coach roof was Awlgripped in 2001. (Recommend prepping and painting the coach roof.)
- The hull was Awlgripped Majestic blue in 2003. (Recommend prepping and painting the hull.)
- The rub rail was replaced in 2003.
- Recommend stripping and refinishing the exterior bright work.
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpit
- The bulkheads are built of marine grade plywood, re-enforced with fiberglass around chain plates. All structural bulkheads are bonded to the hull and deck with fiberglass.
- The teak and holly cabin sole is built upon a metal grid system which is in good condition and provides additional rigidity to the vessel.
- Hull stiffness proved by an FRP grid system most of which is under the sole.
- Fiberglass fuel and water tanks are molded into the hull.
- The bilges are faired and epoxy coated.
- Keel/Centerboard: Foiled shaped, centerboard designed to provide optimal hydrodynamics under sail, and is constructed in molded fiberglass with a bronze protective show on its leading edge and solid fiberglass around the pin.
- Marine grade thru-hulls with bronze allow seacock ball valves.
The previous owner reported that Epiphany took on water when her centerboard pin backed out in May 2018 while at the dock at Charleston Harbor Marina. Her co-owner was aboard at the time and noticed the water which was reported to have reached the lower sections of the cabin sole in the galley and navigation area. The fire department arrived at the scene and pumped out the water while the pin was reset. The vessel was then taken to Charleston City Boatyard where repairs were made. A recent survey of the vessel is available upon request.
- 12 Volt DC Maxwell 3500 windlass
- Six (6) person Viking life raft (certification current through 5/2020)
- Teak toe rails and handrails (Recommend refinish exterior teak)
- Polished stainless steel cowl vents on teak dorade boxes with stainless steel guards
- Stainless steel anchor guide with dual anchor rollers
- Twelve (12) aluminum frame hatches (Recommend replacing the seals)
- Brushed aluminum radar mounting pole with antennas and wind generator mounted on it
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- Fresh water deck wash down with hose
- 30 kg Bruce anchor with an undetermined length of raw chain
- Boom tent
Comfortable and secure center cockpit with long cockpit seats and a center line drop leaf cockpit table. There are teak coamings/handrails surrounding the sides and back of the cockpit with openings on either side of the helm station.
- Cockpit cushions (good condition)
- Dodger and bimini (serviceable condition)
- Teak cockpit table
- Teak cockpit grate
- Wheel pedestal with a Ritchie compass
- North Spectra main sail
- North 130% genoa
- North 110% genoa (2001)
- Hood Yacht Systems aluminum keel stepped double spreader mast. (Recommend a rigging inspection)
- +/- 67' air draft
- Stainless steel rod rigging
- Harken furling on the headsail
- Two () #36 Barient self-tending electric primary winches
- One (1) #36 Barient self-tailing electric outhaul winch
- One (1) #36 Barient self-tailing electric mainsheet winch
- One (1) #27 Barient self-tailing electric winches
- Three (3) #27 Barient self-tailing haylard winches
- Two (2) additional halyard winches
- Harken Blocks and track
- Hall boom vang
- Navtec backstay
- Spinnaker pole mounted on the mast
- 110 HP Yanmar (RCD-4JH11X1) installed in 2016. (See the survey for mechanical recommendations)
- 3-Blade Max Propane
- The engine is accessible from the main salon, port side, starboard side and aft cabin
- Northern Lights 6 KW generator (TF-276D) with 330 hours
- Max Power retractable bow thruster
- Three (3) Jabsco 12 Volt bilge pumps located in the engine compartment bilge, midships bilge, and forward bilge
- Two Jabsco 3.5 GPM shower sump pumps
The DC and AC distribution panel is adjacent to the navigation station.
- Primary Batteries: Four (4) Napa 8144n batteries (230 AH each) wired in series to produce 24 volts
- Secondary Batteries: Four (4) Napa 8144n batteries wired in series to produce 24 volts
- One (1) Napa 7266 engine battery
- Engine mounted alternator
- 2500 watt DC Heart Interface battery charger/inverter
- Two (2) 50- Amp 120 Volt shore power AC inlets
- One 30 Amp power cord
- Northern Lights 6 KW generator (TF-276D) with 322 hours
- Jabsco 12 Volt 3.5 GPM water pump
- Water heater (110 Volt with a heat exchanger coil)
- Analog tank watch monitoring system
- Dedicated LPG lockers in the aft deck hatches
- Two LPG tanks
- ICOM IC-M304 at the Helm
- Raymarine Autopilot at the Helm
- Raymarine C120 multi-function at the Helm
- Raymarine Wind, Speed, Depth
- Furuno 1832 Radar monitor at the Nav
- Furuno FMD-811 8 Inch Monochrome LCD, remote radar display at the Nav
- Sony stereo and two speakers in the salon
- EPIRB - Air Global Fix EPIRB at Nav (expired battery)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
MATT J. MALATICH
S&J YACHTS - CHARLESTON
843-872-8080 | www.sjyachts.com | email@example.com
Charleston City Marina
13 Lockwood Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Broker of fine yachts and dealer for:
Discovery Yachts, Southerly Yachts, Bluewater Yachts, Britannia Yachts, Island Packet, Seaward, Blue Jacket and Delphia
Charleston, SC | Annapolis, MD | Rock Hall, MD | Deltaville, VA | Palmetto, FL
- Model Year1990
- LOA48.17 ft
- Beam14.5 ft
- Engines Total Power110 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model4JH110
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power110|horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Maximum Speed8.5 kn
- Fresh Water Tanks250|gallon
- Fuel Tanks165|gallon
- Holding Tanks|