2006 41' Island Packet SP Cruiser
Why Flossie B
3' 8" Draft | Very Stable | Two Cockpits | Push Button Sailing | Pilothouse | 110 HP Self-Tending Jib | Perfect for the Bahamas | Clean | Ready to Go
The SP Cruiser offers year round boating comfort, trawler-like livability and motoring performance, simple push button sailing and legendary IP quality and value. Among many unique features are the SP Cruiser's twin cockpits. One aft, perfect for the mornings first 's cup of coffee, plus one forward - just the right place for a group to sit while cruising or at anchor on a beautiful day. Large CE Category A Ocean rated opening windows in the enclosed pilothouse offer panoramic views.
Flossie B is in excellent condition and ready for her next owner.
- BuilderIsland Packet
- ModelSP Cruiser
- Model Year2006
- DesignerBob Johnson, N.A.
- LOA41.08 ft
- Beam12.75 ft
- Dry Weight22,000 lb
- Engines Total Power100 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model4JH3-HTE
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power100 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Cruising Speed6.34 kn
- Fresh Water Tanks130 gallon
- Fuel Tanks215 gallon
- Holding Tanks50 gallon
The SP Cruiser is a very well thought out and comfortable motorsailer. She has a large pilothouse with a wonderful dining, lounging and entertaining area. A few steps below is a spacious galley, large master stateroom fwd, guest cabin aft, head with separate shower and amazing storage.
And the SP Cruiser has a unique feature - twin cockpits. One aft, perfect for the morning's first cup of coffee, plus one forward, just the right place for a group to sit while cruising or at anchor on a beautiful day.
The pilothouse has large CE Category A Ocean rated windows providing panoramic views. Ideal while underway or at rest. All the side and rear windows slide open and there is a large hatch overhead for ventilation. There are 3 large windows forward; the center window hinges upward to allow socializing with family and friends in the forward cockpit as well as increased ventilation.
Control of this vessel is made easy and comfortable with dual swivel helm and companion chairs plus a large console forward of the wheel for engine controls and instrumentation.
There is an L-shaped settee and a dining table which has 2 leaves that fold out. Just swivel the 2 chairs around to the table and you have a wonderful spot to have a meal.
The floor is varnished teak and holly. There are numerous lights overhead. Storage is found under the settee and in shelves outboard.
- 16,000 BTU reverse cycle/heat and air units (Marine Air Systems, model VCD16K/2 HV)
- Screens for all ports
- Screens and shades for all hatches
The interior accommodations of the SP Cruiser are especially spacious. From the pilothouse, there are just 3 easy steps to the galley, desk/work area, master and guest cabins and head. Numerous opening ports and a large hatch forward provide lots of natural light and ventilation. The flooring in the galley, nav/desk and head are very practical molded slip resistant surfaces. The master stateroom forward and the aft cabin are fitted with Berber-style tan marine carpet.
- 16,000 BTU reverse cycle/heat and air units (Marine Air Systems, model VCD16K/2 HV)
Starting forward is the master stateroom with a very comfortable centerline berth, great headroom and a lot of room to move around. The large hatch overhead and opening ports provide good ventilation. There are numerous lights throughout, some are dimmer lights. Storage is tremendous, typical in an Island Packet. The foot end of the berth lifts up to a very large storage area, ideal for those large bulky items. Under this is a large drawer. Outboard additional storage is found on either side with shelves and hanging lockers. Overhead, the hatch is fitted with a screen and privacy shade. You will definitely be very comfortable in this stateroom.
- Custom sheets/bedding
- Custom sleeping bags
Head with Separate Shower
Just aft of the master stateroom and to starboard is the head with a separate stall shower. There is private access from the master stateroom and a 2nd door from the main area. There is an opening port in the head for ventilation. The shower has a comfortable seat and there is a curtain that separates this area from the head.
- Raritan 12 VDC fresh water electric marine toilet
- Electric macerator pump for overboard discharge of fiberglass holding tank
- Sink with single lever faucet
On the starboard side adjacent to the galley is a separate work area. with a desk and pull out seating. This area can be used as an office, a nav or even a vanity. The desk opens and has a storage tray. Outboard is an enclosed shelf and an open one above it. Overhead is a light and outboard is an opening port.
Conveniently located a few steps down from the pilothouse and dining area is the galley. It is inline on the port side and runs from the steps all the way to the master cabin. Typical of an Island Packet there is tremendous amount of storage space found throughout the galley and no shortage of counter space. Two large fridge compartments are very easy to access just under the counter. One a fridge and the other a freezer with dual Frigoboat systems and individual digital controls. Inboard on the centerline the galley continues with twin sinks and additional counter space.
- Frigoboat keel cooled refrigerator/freezer with individual digital controls
- Force 10 gimbaled two burner stove w/oven
- Tappan Microwave
- Filtered water
Aft to starboard is a guest stateroom with two good sized single berths. There is a large hanging locker, several storage cabinets and a long outboard shelf. Also 2 opening ports for additional light and ventilation.
In the pilothouse there is a large console forward of the wheel for engine controls and all the instruments. There is a chart drawer outboard and a large, flat console area forward of the passenger seat for navigation activities.
- Raymarine Electronics Package "Autohelm Series"
- Raymarine C120 Chart plotter and Radar (wide screen)
- Navionics charts covering the east coast and Bahamas
- Raymarine Depthsounder
- Raymarine Autopilot with remote
- Raymarine ST 60+ Anemometer
- Raymarine Speed Log
- Raymarine C90 Secondary Chart Plotter
Yanmar 100 HP (model 4JH3-HTE) 4 cylinder,turbo diesel, fresh water cooled. Exceptional access to the well insulated engine compartment. The engine has been very well maintained and lightly used - only 507 hours (3/28).
- 500 hour service completed at 429 hours
- Generator (Phasor Marine, model K3-7.0 with 310 hours). Extensive service less than 100 hours ago. Dedicated battery with solar and trickle charge.
- Solar (Kyocera, model DK135SX-UPU, 135 W 12VDC
- Blue Sky, model 2512iX, Solar Boost, solar panel controller
- Bow thruster (Side Power Model SP 75 TI)
- Balmar, Duo Charge, digital echo charger
- Xantrex, model 1800/12 inverter
- Charles, model 93 charger
- 6 AGM batteries located outboard corner of the generator space (9/2015)
- 1 AGM dedicated generator battery (9/2015)
- 1 AGM dedicated engine battery (9/2015)
- Extensive sound control; premium insulation with gasketed access panels
- Deluxe electrical panels with battery switch, gauges and breakers for DC and AC systems, battery test system and indicator lights
- Galvanic isolator with remote monitor
- Edson Radial Drive Steering system
- Two 30 Amp AC dockside power systems with inlet breakers and two shore power cords
- Heavy duty bilge pumps with alarm
- 2 Marine Air Systems, model VCD16k/2 HV, 16,000 BTU compact air conditioning units
No worries sailing this boat - easy to do from the helm with push button controls!
- StoWinch for push button helm and cockpit control of main and jib sheets
- Charleston Spar in-mast furling main with vertical battens
- Self-tending jib with roller furler system and patented Hoyt boom for ease of handling and improved performance
- Centralized sail control in aft cockpit with single Lewmar Ocean Series 40CEST electric winch, multiple sheet stoppers and line bins
- Mainsail furler, outhaul and sheet, plus jib sheet are all routed below decks to the aft sail control console
- Jib furler and outhaul lines run along side deck to aft cockpit area with stoppers and leads to an electric winch on the console
- SAILS: Main, Jib and Drifter (the sails are stored at Mack Sails in Stuart, FL)
- Exclusive full foil keel provides gentle entry, motion and stable seakeeping and performance
Integral wide bow pulpit with two stainless steel anchor rollers enabling greater safety and immediate anchor access.
- Deck/anchor wash down on the foredeck
Ground tackle storage with deck access and sealed bulkhead.
Electric Anchor Windlass : Lofrans Tigres 12 VDC horizontal with a 3/8" chain gypsy to starboard and a rope capstan to port. Deck switches.
- 73lb Rocna Anchor with 225' of 3/8" chain and 150' of 9/16" nylon 12 braid.
- 20kg Bruce Anchor with 50' of 5/16" chain and 200' of 5/8" nylon three strand.
Forward cockpit with full length seats, walk-thru steps to side decks, table mount.
Aft cockpit, sail control console with electric winch, folding table, and transom door.
Molded fiberglass hard cabin roof over pilot house and aft cockpit. The solar panels are mounted on the pilot house roof.
Integral stern platform with easy access door from the aft cockpit. The platform provides very easy access when swimming and getting on and off the boat.
Hot and cold water shower on transom for rising off after a swim or showing in the great outdoors.
Stainless steel dinghy davits
- 10' Aluminum hull AB Rib (2013)
- 15 HP Yamaha outboard engine with electric start (less than 45 hours) (2017)
- Custom Rib chaps (2018)
- Bottom painted in the Fall 2018
- Sunshade for the forward cockpit, forward deck and Pilot House windows.
I had the pleasure of returning a SP Cruiser back to her slip after the 2017 Annapolis Spring Boat Show. It was a chilly evening and there was 16 kts of wind. She handled the conditions well and powered along nicely at 7.3 kts while running the 110 HP Yanmar at 2,500 RPM. I unfurled the sails and she cruised along easily at 5.5 while wing on wing. I enjoyed the warmth of the pilot house and push button sailing.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
MATT J. MALATICH
S&J YACHTS - CHARLESTON
843-872-8080 | www.sjyachts.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charleston City Marina
13 Lockwood Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Broker of fine yachts and dealer for:
Discovery Yachts, Southerly Yachts, Bluewater Yachts, Britannia Yachts, Island Packet, Seaward, Blue Jacket and Delphia
Charleston, SC | Annapolis, MD | Rock Hall, MD | Deltaville, VA | Palmetto, FL