36' Contest 36S 1985
Odoya has arrived in Annapolis and will be ready to show shortly.
The Dutch have been building safe, secure, seagoing vessels for decades and the Contest 36S is a fine example of that trait. The Contest 36S is a substantial, aft-cockpit cruising yacht with high topsides and semi-flush decks that keep you safe and dry above while making for ample living space below.
Odoya has spent the past four years cruising the East Coast, the Bahamas and throughout the Caribbean. She's been outfitted and updated for cruising and living aboard so she's ready to take you wherever you want to go. Odoya is reliable, her maintenance is up to date and she is very well equipped.
Exceptional Dutch Craftsmanship in a Serious Cruising Yacht
The Contest 36S was designed by Dick Zaal and built by Conyplex B.V. of Holland to combine the performance of a racer with the comfort required by cruisers and liveaboards. There's the 7/8 fractional rig for performance, the wing keel for shallow draft, good headroom and space for livability below and, in the case of Odoya, NO teak decks ever.
And since Odoya has been cruising for the past four years, she's had all the upgrades and additions needed to make cruising fun, fast and comfortable. In recent years she's received:
- NEW engine
- NEW standing and running rigging
- NEW steering
- NEW refrigeration
- NEW batteries
- NEW spinnaker
- NEW roller furler
- NEW watermaker
- NEW windlass
- NEW life raft
About all you'd need to go cruising yourself is you...and whatever else you want to take along. If you're serious about sailing away, you owe it to yourself to check out this exceptionally well-built cruising yacht.
The Contest 36S sloop was produced with the powerful Selden 7/8 Rig, anodized aluminum mast and boom with internal halyards, single spreaders and a single-point chainplate system. The standing rigging is comprised of heavy-duty 10mm stainless steel wire (new in 2012 by Sound Rigging in Connecticut). The mast is set up for internal halyards for the main, two (2) genoa / jib and two (2) for the spinnaker and the spinnaker pole topping lift. There are two (2) folding steps at the lower section of the mast to facilitate reaching the mainsail halyard tack attachment and setting reefs.
- Mainsail, Dacron (new, 2005-06) w/ three (3) reef points and "MACK PACK" sail stowage
- 150% #1 Genoa, Dacron (new, 2005-06)
- 115% #3 Genoa, Dacron with UV protection
- Storm jib Dacron
- Mainsail, Dacron (original)
- Spinnaker, symmetrical North Sails with sock (new)
- Anchor steadying sail
- HARKEN MK 4 Unit 2 Cruise Furler roller-furling (new in 2012 by Sound Rigging)
- Manual boom vang, block-and-tackle
- Backstay adjuster, block-and-tackle (for fractional rig)
- Inner forestay w/ quick-release mechanism
- Running backstays (for offshore usage)
Winches (ENKES & HARKEN)
- Two (2) E26 ASC primary genoa, self-tailing, two-speed, aluminum
- One (1) E22 ASC main halyard with three (3) reef points, self-tailing, two-speed, aluminum, mounted on the starboard coachroof, aft
- One (1) E18 A Genoa Halyard / Topping Lift / (1) Reef, aluminum, mounted on the port coachroof, aft
- HARKEN #8, aluminum and mounted on the mast for spare halyard
The aft cabin berth measures an astounding 6' 5" square. Three (3) windows bring in a ton of natural light. There's a 12-volt fan for ventilation and six (6) closets for storage. It's a very comfortable cabin for a couple.
The forward cabin is a V-berth with a big hatch overhead and a fan to provide good ventilation. There's a custom FROLICH mattress support system for the V-berth cushions.
The saloon accommodates three, one in the port sofa and two in the starboard sofa. And there's lots of storage space for cruising.
All cabin soles are varnished with a gloss finish.
- Refrigerator: ADLER-BARBOUR ColdMachine 12 VDC (new 2015)
- 3-burner Stove/Oven: TECHIMPEX gimballed stainless
- Safety bar for oven, stainless steel
- Propane tank, 10-pounds aluminum
- Electric remote propane solenoid shut-off switch
- Pressure hot and cold water service at the galley sinks
- Saltwater foot pump w/ spigot at galley sink
- NATURE PURE "Sea Gull" freshwater filter w/ spigot at galley sink
- Custom galleyware including dishes and service
- Good space for food storage
- VHF, ICOM M502 (new in 2012) w/ masthead antenna
- SSB, ICOM IC-M710 with tuner and insulated-backstay antenna
- DMI MARINE Speed/Log and Depth w/ displays in cockpit console (new in 2015)
- DATAMARINE LX-360 Wind Speed w/ display in cockpit
- RAYMARINE C80 Chartplotter and Radar Display
- AUTOHELM 7000 Autopilot
- ACR Mini-B EPIRB, Model ACR RLB-21
- PIONEER FM Radio w/ Bluetooth, two (2) speakers in the salon and two (2) waterproof speakers in the cockpit
- External Wi-Fi booster antenna and internal router