46' Island Packet 460 2009
This bluewater cruiser will take you anywhere. Her aft cockpit design is favored for offshore work by seasoned sailors who demand safety and seaworthiness.
She is ready to go!
Many times you read that a boat is upgraded and maintained to high standards, only to be disappointed when you see her. As a broker who has been selling yachts for almost thirty years, I will tell you that this boat is way above anything you have seen, or will see.
She is "as new" and, in many ways, better. She has not been detailed and prepared for sale, this is the way she lives. Her owners are proud of her, and with every reason.
If you have dreamed of owning a new Island Packet 460, this is your opportunity. Her care has been meticulously documented and you will feel as though you were with her from the factory to her present slip.
The owners have also provided a full description of the operation and maintenance of all her systems in an easy to follow format. This is invaluable to someone starting new boat ownership.
She is ready to take you around the world in safety and comfort.....just bring your clothes and food.
Some of her incredible equipment includes;
Full array of electronics suited to offshore work
- Winslow Six Man Raft,
- Epirb, MOM8,
- Ditch Bag, etc.
- Bow Thruster
- Spectra Watermaker
- Custom Arch incorporating dinghy davit, Outboard lift, various equipment mounts and custom "wrap-around" extension rails to stanchion
- Kyocera Solar Panels
- Eclectic Energy D400 Wind Generator
- Reverse Cycle heat and Air
She is ready to go NOW!
Please review her extensive listing and know that you will not be disappointed when you see her.
Her care has been excellent and this is an opportunity you will not want to miss!
Cutter Loose is one of only twelve IP 460s manufactured by Island Packet Yachts since this model was introduced at the 2008 fall boat shows. She continues to be built today and is now called the 490.
The IP 460 builds on the success of IPY’s previous two cabin/two head/aft cockpit configurations. In 2009, the IP 460 was awarded the Best Long-Distance Cruiser and overall Boat-of-the-Year Award by Cruising World Magazine.
Construction of hull #8 was completed in January, 2009. Following initial commissioning, she was launched in June, 2009. Since then, she has capably plied the waters between Maine and Grenada, carrying her owners safely and comfortably on the adventure of a lifetime.
No expense has been spared to equip this boat sensibly for offshore passages and carefree livability during extended periods at anchor. She is ready to carry her crew anywhere in the world in comfort, safety and style.
Whether your aspirations involve a circumnavigation, tropical island-hopping, coastal cruising or simply a spacious and comfortable home-away-from-home on the water, Cutter Loose is capable of fulfilling all of these dreams and more. Discriminating buyers should not miss this opportunity to own and enjoy this extraordinary example of the best and most spacious aft cockpit design ever to be produced by Island Packet Yachts.
The spacious master cabin is forward and features a queen size island berth located slightly to starboard with massive storage underneath. There is a dressing seat, hanging lockers and storage compartments to port. Directly forward of the master stateroom is the ensuite head with lavatory/vanity, drawer storage and a huge stall shower with curved seat and gray water pump. You will never feel cramped here. ( I think this is the best boat shower ever designed!)
Directly aft of the master stateroom is the main saloon. There are facing settees port and starboard in Buff Ultraleather with the starboard settee converting to a double. Also in this area are hanging lockers, massive storage under and behind the settees that encompass several levels and storage compartments outboard of the settees. There is also a file cabinet behind the seat-back cushion on the starboard side and a wine storage cabinet on port. Both of these were designed specifically by Island Packet for the 460.
Directly aft of the port settee is the guest/day head with vacu-flush head, sink and separate stall shower. Aft of the head is the aft cabin with king-size berth, lots of storage and good ventilation. There is access to the saloon and private access to the guest head.
Aft of the starboard settee is the forward facing navigation station with comfortable seat with back support. Directly aft of that and to starboard of the companionway is the galley. This is a wonderful space for the cook to work his/her magic.
All in all, Cutter Loose is a beautiful yacht, brilliantly designed for cruising with all the comforts of home.
- Perfect layout with everything a cruiser needs for comfortable, safe passage-making.
- Light, bright interior with massive storage Owners will share their "tried and true" method of organizing - complete with diagram!
- Reverse cycle heat and air shore side, underway or at anchor provides comfort in any condition.
- Cutter Loose combines beauty, safety and comfort and, because of her exceptional care, gives you a reliable, "go anywhere" home on the water.
- Stainless steel handholds strategically located throughout the cabin for safe maneuvering below in heavy seas.
The "U" shape galley in Cutter Loose is located to starboard at the base of the companionway. It is a well designed galley with plenty of preparation and storage space.
- Corian counters with integral sea rails
- Double bowl stainless steel sink
- Pressure Hot and Cold water in galley/ heads and transom shower
- Water Filter - SeaGull IV water filter servicing galley faucet and faucets in forward and aft head
- ThermoCure fiberglass water tank
- Manual fresh water pump
- Teak dish storage racks and cutlery drawers
- Slide-out trash bin
- Refrigeration and Freezer - Frigoboat thermostatically controlled keel cooler refrigerator and freezer with electric drain pump and custom LED lighting that turns on and off automatically as the lids are raised and lowered.
- Gimaled three burner Force 10 LPG oven/ stovetop
- VHF - ICOM IC-M504 VHF transceiver mounted at nav station
- RAM MIC - ICOM HM-162B VHF Command-mike mounted on binnacle
- SSB- ICOM IC-M802 high frequency single sideband transceiver mounted at nav station
- Insulated backstay - SSB antenna
- SSB TUNER - ICOM AT-140 automatic antenna tuner for SSB mounted in lazarette compartment
- Copper foil ground plane for SSB antenna mounted in bin under aft stateroom berth
- Pactor Modem - Pactor DR7400 P4 Dragon modem for sending/receiving e mail at sea via Sailmail, including wireless and hard wire USB connections for PC (requires annual Sailmail subscription)
- WiFi Booster - Rogue Wave WiFi booster with dedicated antenna mounted on arch
- WiFi Router - Cradlepoint MBR1000
- TV - Samsung UN26C 26” LED television with swivel mount on salon bulkhead
- Sony Blu Ray 3D disk player mounted in salon
- TV/FM Antenna - Shakespeare 2020 omni-directional marine TV/FM antenna mounted at masthead
- Alpine audiophile stereo sound system:
- iDA-X100 head unit/receiver mounted at nav station
- PDX-5 powered amplifiers rated at 300 watt RMS each (2)
- SWR-M100 11” subwoofer mounted in custom enclosure
- Two 7” midrange speakers and two dome tweeters mounted in salon
- Two 6” all-weather speakers in cockpit
- Apple Ipod/Iphone connecting cable