52' Island Packet 485 2003
The Island Packet 485 remains the “flagship” of the Island Packet line and “SOLSTICE" is a beautiful example of this highly sought after world cruiser.
"SOLSTICE" has been loved by just one owner over the past 14 years. Originally purchased in San Diego new in May 2004, SOLSTICE has traveled up and down the west coast of the U.S., transited the Panama Canal, cruised the Caribbean extensively and is now lying in Palmetto, FL awaiting a new owner and new adventures.
Like all IP485's, "SOLSTICE" has a tremendous amount of living space and enough storage to hold just about everything needed for a circumnavigation. The thoughtfully laid out interior is bright, spacious and secure. Her functional deck plan, cutter rig, and cockpit configuration make her the perfect boat for shorthanded or single-handed sailing. Features such as a broad anchor platform and the spacious stern boarding platform, with dual boarding steps, help to enhance this yacht's appeal.
The large aft deck is perfect for sunbathing: set up a folding table and you have an impromptu dining area, as well as enough space to accommodate a 10’ dinghy. The heavy work of placing the dingy on deck is done with the use of the “Extendo-Boom” option. With the push of a button, your dingy is out of the water and swung on deck. Storage bins on either side of the aft deck hold LPG bottles and miscellaneous gear. The side decks are uncluttered with raised bulwarks forward, and cabin top handrails provide for security on deck.
Below decks, you’ll be immediately impressed by the panoramic view of the open main salon, which flows to a galley that can only be described as a chef's dream. Spacious forward and aft cabins with private heads, high-end wood joinery, a multi-use third cabin with an office desk, swing-out stool and bunk conversion option, plus a navigation center worthy of the Starship Enterprise are some of the many features that set this Island Packet 485 apart from the competition.
"SOLSTICE" is very well equipped, mechanically well maintained, and ready to continue delivering cruising memories to a couple or family ready to expand their horizons.
This yacht is equipped with all of the available factory exterior options including bow thruster, electric Harken winch package, Extendo-boom (for lifting a dingy out of the water and onto the aft deck), polished SS Dorade vents, and rubrail. The bimini top has a removeable "moon panel", providing shade with great ventilation and visibility. All sail control lines run to the cockpit for ease of handling, with the knot, wind and depth instruments mounted above the companionway and the radar/ chart plotter mounted at the helm.
When entering the bright airy Salon your first impression is how spacious this area is. The combination of the light colored cushions, plenty of natural light and the ability to stow the dinette table against the fwd bulkhead help to make the salon feel open and spacious. With the dinette table down and fully-extended you can comfortably entertain a large group. A smaller "wine and cheese" table sits on a post and can be mounted port or starboard for added convenience. If extra bunks are needed to accommodate additional overnight guests, the port settee pulls out and converts to a double berth. The cushions are covered with Buff ultra-leather and the cabin soles are teak and holly veneer, providing a striking contrast.
The Navigation Station is aft of the salon on the port side. It features a high-back swivel seat and a desk with storage tray. The nav station houses the AC/DC panel, electronics, and a wet hanging locker.
The large Galley is located on the starboard side between the companionway and the aft cabin. Whether you are doing long distance cruising or entertaining at the docks, the galley does it all. The galley is equipped with two (2) refrigerator/freezers, each with separate compressors and controls, enabling the owner to make either box a refrigerator or freezer. There is also a separate pull-out refrigerated drink drawer with dedicated controls. The three-burner Force 10 LPG stove w/oven and broiler has sealed burners for easy cleaning, as well as a retracting door to prevent tipping when gimballed. A custom, end-grain cutting board sits above the stove when not in use elsewhere. On the inboard island is plenty of open counter space. To finish this area there is a deep double bowl sink, fresh water hand pump, microwave oven and a storage cabinet for additional items. The countertops are beautifully finished with a one-piece molded fiddle to aid in cleaning and keeping a neat and orderly galley when underway. The cabin sole is made of a molded nonskid for easy maintenance and a sure-footed feel.
Moving aft you enter the Owner's Stateroom. The focal point of this cabin is a queen-sized island berth with an upholstered custom (new) mattress. Again this is a very bright and airy cabin with lots of headroom. There are (6) opening ports and a large overhead hatch to provide both natural ventilation and light. On the starboard side is a built-in chair flanked by large cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelved storage. There is a large pull-out drawer beneath the berth and the bottom of the berth opens up, with the assistance of gas struts, to provide access a large blanket storage area. Access to the large aft deck locker is also provided through a gasketed door on the aft bulkhead.
The Owner's Head is located on the port side. It features a VacuFlush toilet, molded shower stall, with a seat and folding acrylic door, a vanity with a one-piece molded countertop, shelves, a mirror and plenty of ventilation.
The comfortable Forward Stateroom offers a double island berth with a new (2017) custom mattress, lockers, shelves to port and starboard, excellent ventilation and direct access to the Guest Head. The base of the berth lifts up for storage and there are two pull-out drawers. Excellent ventilation and natural light make the forward stateroom a comfortable space to spend time.
The Guest Head is accessible from both the forward stateroom and the Salon. The countertop is a one-piece acrylic with molded-in fiddles and a stainless steel sink. The head has a freshwater VacuFlush unit with a dedicated water tank. The large shower stall has a bi-fold acrylic door and a teak seat.
The Third Cabin is the most functional space on the boat. It has a large countertop and plenty of storage for spares and supplies. A factory-supplied conversion kit allows this area to be made into a third double bunk when needed. A generous tool kit and extensive spares are included with the sale.
- Cutter rig with Quantum Sails' furling mainsail, staysail, and 110% genoa (all sails original and ready to be replaced)
- Bottom painted in October 2018
- Hoyt self-tacking boom for staysail
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 48CST winch.
- Harken head-sail furling units with furling lines led to cockpit cleats.
- Two (2) electric primary winches (Lewmar Ocean Series 64CST, 2-speed)
- Electric mainsheet winch (Lewmar Ocean Series 48CST)
- Rigid boom vang
- Custom cockpit canvas dodger/bimini with screen and isinglass enclosure panels
- Canvas pedestal cover
- Canvas line bags for bow lines
- Canvas gooseneck cover for main furling
- Custom stainless steel pedestal instrument tower
- Three Kyocera 135 watt solar panels with Blue Sea Systems controller
- Six (6) person "Offshore Elite" life raft; current certification
- 2014 Zodiac 10' Dinghy (Model RIB-SE-310)
- 2014 Torquedo 4HP electric motor, two (2) batteries and two (2) chargers
- Kato Marine Dinghy davits and outboard motor lift with tackle
- New custom cockpit cushions (2017)
- Magma "Avalon" BBQ with cover and supplies
- Swim ladder
- Folding gangway
- Muir Cheetah 12V windlass
- Factory Extendo-boom option for lifting the dinghy
- Hot and cold stern shower
- Forespar downwind pole, mounted on mast
- Dutchman Boom Brake
- Anchoring gear includes: Rocna 55 plus 275 feet chain (upgraded 5 years ago); CQR- with 600 feet, chain and nylon rode; Bruce 66 anchor, Fortress (2 sizes), grappling hook and line; “ Gail Rider” sea anchor and rode; “Flopper Stoppers” (2)
- Four (4) diesel and four (4) water jerry cans
- spare blocks, lines, etc.
- Complete R 80 Raymarine Chartplotter System, at navigation station and cockpit
- Raymarine “ Smartcontroller wireless ” (upgraded 1 year)
- Cmap chart set for most of Western Hemisphere
- ST 290 instrument array nav station and cockpit
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST 8001 with Lewmar drive motor
- Emergency Raymarine “Wheel Pilot” autopilot (get you home)
- Raymarine Radar with dome and self-levelling mast mount
- Icom m601 VHF
- Icom m802 SSB and tuner
- Pactor II modem
- Iridium Satellite Phone 1-”9575”
- Iridium Satellite Phone 2-”9505a”
- VHF Handheld radio
- Walkie Talkies (2)
- GPS handheld units (2)
- Trackvision G4 satellite TV system
- Rogue Wave Wifi Extender
- Davis Weather System with dual cabin monitors
- AIS System - Vesper Marine Watchmate Vision 2 with Bluetooth for remote monitoring via cell phone, iPad, etc.
- Portable SSB receiver
- new ACR V4 EPIRB (2018)
- 50AMP and 30AMP shore power connectors
- Northern Lights 6.8 kw Model - M673L3 with 1,850 hours at time of listing
- Northern Lights “Offshore “ spare parts package (original)
- Dedicated genset starting battery (new 2016)
- Dedicated engine start battery (new 2018)
- Racor 500 fuel filter (upgraded 2017)
- Comments: Regular maintenance. Stator rebuilt 2017. Full rehab on cooling system 2015
- Six House Batteries Lifeline GPL-31XT 125 AH (upgraded 2016)
- Outback Inverter - charges and controls house batteries
- Charles Charger - (factory original) charges engine, generator batteries
- Kyocera Solar Panels- three (3) 135 kw panels with mounts
- Control with “Blue Sea Systems”
- Emergency flexible solar charging panel
- Yanmar 4JH3-HTBE 100HP diesel engine (with extensive parts, tools and spares). Less than 2,000 hours at time of listing
- Side power 7HP bow thruster
- Village Marine Tech Little Wonder 300 gallon/day watermaker (Regular maintenance, pickled June 2018. Membranes are 10 years old)
- Max Prop 3-blade feathering prop (new 2013); original fixed blade prop, plus an additional one onboard as spares
- Python drive on engine shaft
- Dripless shaft seal (serviced, replaced, upgraded in 2013)
- New cutlass bearing (Dec 2018)
- Dual Racor 500 fuel filter (new 2017)
- Fireboy Automatic Engine Fire Suppression System
- Dual electric bilge pump (new 2016)
- extra emergency bilge pump
- BOSS propane heater
- Ozone generator
- Owner's cabin has Panasonic Radio, DVD, TV, portable SSB receiver, weather monitor with alarms
- Fwd cabin has Alpine DVD entertainment system and AM/FM/CD radio
- Main saloon with Apple TV, stereo system (new 2016),
- Hobie “Mirage Compass Duo” Two-person Kayak on rack
- Brownies Type Electric Floating Two-person Hookah System
- Snorkel gear
- Folding bicycle
- Regulator with poney tank
- Weight belt