50' Hunter 50 2014
Where do you want to go? This Hunter will take you there. With all of the creature comforts of home, travel into shallow waters of the Chesapeake, Down East, or into the Caribbean. She has been outfitted with all of the latest options needed to take the guesswork out of navigation in all weather conditions day or night. Use the self tracking jib for single handed ease or unfurl the big gennoa for a great sensation of natural power! Sleep the whole family in air conditioned comfort and enjoy preparing meals in the most commodious kitchen afloat (so much more than a galley). Wash-up without soaking the whole head in one of 2 separate and spacious shower stalls. Dine on the aft deck while watching gorgeous sunsets, watch the milky way appear, and retire to comfort and privacy in one of 3 cabins. Start from here.
Down below there is a feeling of roominess with 6’ 9” headroom despite the sleek profile outside. The saloon is finished with ash slats along the hull, teak cabinetry and a low maintenance Everwear “teak and holly” sole. A U-shaped settee with a solid teak table on starboard converts to a double berth. A straight settee is to port just ahead of the forward facing nav station. There is plenty of room for Raymarine E-Series multi-function displays and the chart table lifts for storage below. The electronics display can also be output to the saloon’s 23-inch flat-screen monitor mounted on a bulkhead for quick reference from just about anywhere.
Across on starboard is a nicely sized, L-shaped galley that has an additional counter by the companionway which encloses the galley somewhat and protects the cook underway. It features a 3.9 cubic foot refrigerator and a 1.4 cubic foot freezer. Twin sinks, a three burner stove, a combination microwave and coffeepot unit, and lots of Corian countertop space with stainless fiddles make for an efficient galley. Hunter’s signature dish drying rack that has a fan and bulb to dry the dishes right in their storage space is included.
Aft are two twin-berth private guest cabins with a shared head and separate shower. The port side cabin runs athwartships while the starboard cabin is fore and aft. The master stateroom is forward with an island queen berth and an innerspring mattress. Two large, cedar lined hanging lockers and drawers below the bed provide ample storage. A small vanity area with a mirror and a padded seat fill out the extra spaces between the split head, with a shower stall on port and a head and sink on starboard. A four cabin version is available that does away with the master stateroom and adds two cabins in the forepeak.
The master stateroom is forward with an island queen berth and an innerspring mattress. Two large, cedar lined hanging lockers and drawers below the bed provide ample storage. A small vanity area with a mirror and a padded seat fill out the extra spaces between the split head, with a shower stall on port and a head and sink on starboard.
• Three Burner Propane Stove w/ Oven - Gimballed
• Range Hood w/ Light & Fan
• SS Front Opening Refrigerator
• SS Front Opening Freezer
• 2 Top-opening Freezer/Refrigerators• Microwave Oven
• Corian Countertops w/Backsplash and Stainless-Steel Grab Rails
• Double Stainless-Steel Sinks
• Chrome Pull-Out Faucet
• H&C Freshwater System
• Dish Setting Package for 6
• Electrical Outlet, AC
• Three Storage Cabinets including draining and fan powered drying cabinet
• Seven Storage Drawers
• Storage Shelving
• Built-In Waste Bin
• Opening Overhead Galley Hatch offering excellent ventilation
The Hunter 50AC hull is balsa sandwich topsides, with solid FRP below the waterline and two layers of Kevlar in the forward sections for impact resistance. The deck gel-coat is Maxguard that is said to be more flexible than most finishes and also highly UV-resistant. The interior gel-coat is MicroBan, incorporating an anti-bacterial agent and the outer hull skin is Ashland AME-5000 modified epoxy, for maximum osmosis resistance.
Sporting wide decks with few tripping hazards or elevation changes. A watertight bulkhead backs up the sail locker which is just aft of the deep, divided anchor locker, and the whole bow section is Kevlar reinforced for extra strength in case of a collision.
- Anchor Roller, Double Offset
- Anchor Well w/Space for Rode and Chain
- Anchor Windlass, Electric
- Blister Prevent Technology – Hull
- Bow Pulpit, Stainless Steel
- Deck Handrails, Stainless Steel
- Dorade Vents (2)
- Fresh Water Dockside Hook-Up
- Hatches, (11) Opening Deck w/Screens
- HKT Kevlar® Hull Reinforcement
- Keel, Shoal Draft 5'6"
- Lifelines, Double w/Three Gates and Stainless Steel Stanchions
- Lockers, (2) Transom Storage
- LPG Tank Storage for (2) Bottles
- Mooring Cleats, (8) Stainless Steel
- Nonskid Deck
- Ports, (2) Fixed
- Ports, (10) Opening w/ Screens
- Rubrail, Full Wrap w/Stainless Steel Insert
- Rudder, Balanced Spade w/Stainless Steel Shaft
- Sail Locker, Fwd, w/Watertight Bulkhead
- Swim Platform w/Stainless Steel Telescoping Ladder
- Through Bolted Hull to Deck Joint w/Full Rubrail
- All BronzeThrough-Hull Fittings Below Waterline
- Windshield Fixed Ports
Twin leather covered wheels afford good visibility forward for sailing or docking. Two sheet winches on the coaming on either side are within easy reach of each helm and there are two additional halyard winches and rope clutches on the cabin top. All the lines are led aft and Hunter’s trademark arch with a double-ended mainsheet makes for convenient end-boom sheeting. Large lockers under the cockpit seats and also aft in two transom compartments make for excellent garage storage. A Corian topped centerline table holds cool drinks and also provides a place to mount instruments which are visible from either helm.
- Stainless Steel Arch/Mainsheet Traveler
- Custom Dodger w/ EZ2CY Panels - Tan
- Custom Bimini - Tan
- Connecting Cloth
- Cockpit Table w/Corian Top, Ice Bucket and Stainless Steel Grab Rail
- Dual Helm Stations w/Lighted Compasses and Stainless Steel Wheel Guards
- Halyard Tail Storage Wells
- Lewmar® Direct Drive Steering System
- Wheel Brake
- Single Lever Engine Control
- Teak in Cockpit and Swim Platform
- Transom Shower w/ H&C Pressure Water
- Walk-Through Transom w/ Double Gate
- Integrated Swim Platform
- Stainless Steel Fold-Down Swim Ladder
- Two Transom Storage Lockers
- LPG Tank Storage for Two Bottles
- Two Admiral Stern Rail Seats w/ Cushions
- Cockpit Seat Cushions
- Forward Sun Cushion