42' Sabre 425 1992
BRAND NEW LISTING - CLASSIC PERFORMANCE CRUISER - BEAUTIFUL JOINERY - GREAT PERFORMANCE - WING KEEL 5' DRAFT -
"Kokomo" is a classic Sabre 42 Performance Cruiser that was specially built by Sabre for offshore sailing and has the miles to prove her blue water credentials. This Sabre 425 is a perfect blend of performance and comfort in this sea kindly cruiser. The interior joinery is Sabre at their best and includes teak strips on the hull sides with lots of shelves and cabinets and opening ports and hatches. She has a super reliable, upgraded Yanmar 54 hp auxiliary (2012) with a 3-blade Maxi Prop (2018). Kokomo is the only Sabre 425 on the market with a durable and secure hardtop with enclosure, simply outstanding with over 6'4" of headroom.
Kokomo has had extensive upgrades through the years - below are a few notable items:
- Windlass 2015
- Spectra Watermaker 2010, new feed pumps (2016) and new membrane (in the box)
- Corian Counter Tops 2010
- 4 135 Watt Solar Pannels on Hard Top - 2012
- 2 Fibreglass propane tanks 2015
- Sails - 145% UK Dacron (2018), Main UK Fully Battened (2018), 100% Jib like new, and 0.6oz Pentax Spinnaker with Palm Tree Graphic (2008 - used twice)
- 19" Maxi Prop (rebuilt 2018)
- Much, much more.
Starting at the Bow is the large Vee Berth with convenient shelves along both sides of the berth, large hatch over the berth and two smaller hatches over either side of the entry plus an opening port just under the hatch. The area under the forward end of the Vee serves as a sail locker. There is a Hanging Locker and 3 drawer Bureau on the starboard side of Entry and a Dressing Seat and cabinets to port.
The Saloon is light and airy with an "L" shaped Dining Area to port. The Table folds and stores against the bulkhead when not needed. There is a straight facing Settee across on starboard long enough to serve as a single berth. A combination of shelves and cabinets over both settees provides lots of storage. She has 4 -12V Ceiling Lights and a 110V Lamp and a 12V Fan and Wabasko diesel heater.
The aft facing Nav Station is behind the saloon on starboard and features a large desk with 4 drawers providing a place for all of your "stuff". The Electrical Panel is within easy reach as are VHF and SSB Radios, Chartplotter and Autopilot Remote as well as Battery Monitors.
The Head entry is next aft on starboard. There is lots of room with a sink, vacuflush freshwater head, and a real shower area. The Wet Locker is located behind the commode. She is well lighted with good ventilation having a fixed port as well as an opening hatch and port.
The "U" shaped Galley is across on port with lots of storage and counter space. She has 2 shelves with sliding doors along the hull side, a bank of 3 drawers and a cabinet under the counter. She has a Force Ten Stove/Oven(2009), a good-sized Refrigerator and Freezer and two deep sinks. You have a lot of room to store, prepare and feed your hungry crew.
The well-insulated Engine Compartment is tucked under the double sinks with access on starboard and port side.
The quarter berth is behind the Galley on port and is big enough for a couple to sleep comfortably. It is well ventilated with 3 opening ports and an opening hatch. There is lots of storage with a full shelf along the hull side on port and a smaller shelf on starboard coupled with 2 large cabinets, 4 cubies with drop down doors at the entrance. There is even more storage under the berth. Built into the back of the companionway facing the berth are still more shelves and a cabinet
The Sabre 42 has both lots of elbow room and storage.
- Teak and Holly Sole
- Seafrost Refrigeration (2008)
- Screens Throughout
- Accordion Window Shades
The Sabre 425 has both a 110Volt Shorepower and a 12Volt DC Ship's Electrical Systems.
- 2 D-8 Gel Type House Batteries (2015)
- Battery Charger/Inverter
- 5 12 Volt DC Fans (Saloon, Galley Forward and Aft Cabins)
- 180 Amp High Output Alternator with Balmar Regulator/Monitor and upgraded Serpentine Belt
- Sabre Installed heavier Ground Wires
- Sabre installed Ground System for Single Side Band
- 4 - 135Watt Solar Pannels
- Wind Generator
- Davis Windex at Mast Head
- Wind/Speed/Depth at Companionway
- Furno Autopilot with LS Hydraulic 4,400 lbs below deck ram (2015)
- Standard Horizon CP500 Chart Plotter
- Radar pole with Wind Generator
- 24" Samsung TV (2016)
- Icom SSB Radio (2015)
- Icom VHF (2015)
Kokomo has a forward Water Tight bulkhead as part of Sabre' Offshore Package
- Dock Lines, Fenders & Boat Hooks
- Maxwell VW Dual Electric Anchor Windlass (2015)
- Groco Anchor/Deck Washdown
- 50lbs Bruce Anchor with 110' chain and 250' rhode
- Fortress FX37 19# Anchor with 250' 3/8" 3-Strand Nylon rode & 80' 5/16" Chain
- 6-Man Liferaft in Cannister
- Cockpit Cushions
- Hard Dodger/Bimini with full enclosure