45' Island Packet 45 1999
FULLY EQUIPPED AND READY TO CRUISE! JUST BRING ABOARD YOUR PROVISIONS!
After six years of cruising the current owners of TIKI HUT are headed to shore. This yacht is FULLY equipped, including galley gear (pots, pans flatware, plates, cups and bowls), tool kit, and an extensive inventory of spares. As serious cruisers, the owners have been meticulous about maintenance, with details of recent refits included in the complete specifications. Everything you need has already been installed, including genset, air conditioning, water maker, autopilot, GPS/Chartplotter, wind generator, solar panels, 11 foot RIB dinghy with 15HP outboard, bow thruster and much more. A wind vane is included in the inventory but is not currently installed. In the last two years, TIKI HUT has had extensive electronic upgrades, a new, Island Packet factory-built holding tank installed - with all new sanitation hoses, and new Corian countertops in the galley and heads built and installed by factory personnel.
TIKI HUT's exterior wood has just been professionally redone and canvas covers for the pedestal, bow pulpit/windlass, hand rails, cap rails, winches and hatches are included. No covers for the teak "eyebrow" above the ports. There are also canvas "chaps" on the dinghy although it is time for these to be repaired or replaced.
In 1996,the Island Packet 45 replaced the 44, becoming Island Packet's Flagship yacht and one of the prettiest Island Packet models ever. She continued IP's cruising philosophy but with much more tankage and a large, dedicated navigation station. Her Forward Head was at the bow followed by a king sized Pullman Berth. Her aft cabin had a huge Quarter Berth and a private entrance to the aft Head. The 45 is BIG, LUXURIOUS and SPACIOUS with lots of elbow room, storage and space for living, cruising and entertaining. She had the longest waterline of the fleet and a good turn of speed. All of her sails are on furling systems making her easy to handle.
TIKI HUT is located in a private gated community but is ready to go to her next home. Please call to arrange a convenient time to visit.
At the forepeak is an Anchor Locker accessed thru the forward cabin's head. There is a center divider and a slanted shelf to help keep chain and rope rodes organized and untangled.
Next aft is the ensuite Forward Head, serving the owner's cabin. It has a marine commode, shower with seat, large wrap around countertop with polished SS sink, mirror and lots of storage. A vanity sits to starboard with a flip up countertop. Two opening ports and an opening hatch provide good ventilation. Factory craftsman upgraded TIKI HUT with Corian countertops in 2016.
The connected Owner's Stateroom just aft of the private head has privacy doors to the head and saloon. There is a large pullman berth to starboard with stowage lockers and teak lined drawers underneath as well as shelving above, along the hull side. On port is all storage spaces with a large cedar lined hanging locker, shelves and a teak bureau. Four opening ports, a large opening hatch and 2 dorades help keep the air fresh.
Next aft, the large Main Saloon has an "L" shaped settee to starboard that converts to a good sized double berth. The dining table stores against the bulkhead when not in use. There is a facing settee on port side, large enough for at-sea napping. There is storage everywhere here including under and behind the settees with teak cabinets and book shelves outboard both port and starboard, A chart drawer under the starboard settee is filled with cruising guides and charts for Florida and the Bahamas. Ventilation is excellent with a large overhead hatch, numerous ports and 2 dorades. For safety, there is an overhead hand rail on each side of the saloon with numerous grab points throughout.
The Nav Station sits just aft of the starboard settee and features a large chart table with storage tray, nav light, generous nav/electronics cabinets, master 12VDC and 110VAC Electric Panels, storage bins, wet locker and high backed swivel seat.
Aft of the nav station, and adjacent to the companionway on starboard side is the huge wrap around Galley. With custom, factory craftsman installed Corian countertops, large double ss sinks, deep fridge/freezer compartment, three burner LPG stove and oven, microwave and generous storage lockers for provisions and utensils. A hidden trash receptacle, paper towel holder and built-in dish and cup rack add to the convenience of this outstanding galley.
The convenient Aft Head is directly across from the nav station and serves as the day head with privacy entrances from both the aft cabin and the main saloon. She has a marine toilet (new 2016), shower w/curtain, mirror, great storage and an opening port and overhead hatch. The holding tank was also replaced in 2016 with an Island Packet factory-built fiberglass tank along with all new sanitation hoses.
The Aft Stateroom entry is on the port side of the centerline Companionway. The berth is a large double with a good-sized stand-up dressing area and a dressing chair. The cabin has lots of storage with cedar-lined hanging locker, bureau with shelf over and cooled by three opening ports and an overhead hatch.
The large, comfortable Cockpit is long enough for sailing, entertaining and napping. It is protected by a dodger, bimini and connecting panel. There is a swim ladder behind the helm seat and fold-out cockpit table and drink holder on the binnacle. Kato davits hold an 11" Avon RIB dinghy and a 15HP Yamaha outboard is easily lowered by the Kato engine lift.
The Island Packet 45 is designed as a very comfortable cruiser and liveaboard and TIKI HUT features:
- Ultraleather Upholstery in the Saloon and Nav Station
- Peek-a-Boo shutter port shades
- Teak and Holly Sole throughout except in heads, galley and base of companionway
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water w/11 gallon Electric Water Heater
- Manual Pump and Retractable Spray in Galley
- Roll Away Trash Bin
- Teak Paper Towel Holder
- Storage Drawer, Cabinet, Dry Storage Locker and Shelves along hull side
- All interior lighting has been upgraded to LED bulbs
The IP 45 has a Ship's 12 Volt and two Shorepower 110 Volt Electrical Systems with one dedicated to the Air/Heatpump System. TIKI HUTwas also cruised in Europe and has a 220 volt transformer onboard.
- Fisher Panda 4kW two cylinder Generator w/approx. 85 hours
- 2 CruiseAir Reverse Cycle Heat Pumps (16,000 BTU's each)
- Balmar High Output Alternator
- Air Breeze Wind Generator with blue "quiet blades" (with spares)
- Twin 135 watt Solar Panels above bimini
- 4 - AGM House Batteries @200 amps each 2015
- 1 - AGM Engine Start Battery 2014
- 2 - Forward batteries dedicated to windlass and bow thruster only
- 2 - 50' 110V, 30 amp Shorepower Cables
- 1 - 220 V, 50 amp Shorepower Cable
- Link 10 Battery Monitor
- ProSine 1800 Watt Inverter
- New battery charger (upgraded 2017)
- 12 Volt Outlet at Nav Station
- Flat screen TV w/DVD (2016) mounted on hinged arm
- Spectra Watermaker with new vessel and simple switching panel (w/spares)
- Bow Thruster
- Raymarine Digital Color Radar/Chartplotter/GPS Displays at Helm in pod with repeater at nav station (all new 2016); Platinum Nav Chip for FL and the Bahamas
- Raymarine Depthsounder, Knotmeter, AWI (2016)
- Raymarine Linear Autopilot 2016
- Standard Horizon VHF at nav w/remote mic for cockpit (2016)
- ICOM IC706 Receiver at Nav Station; copper ground plane installed
- ACR 406 EPIRB
- Ritchie Ship's Compass
- Sony Stereo w/new speakers in cockpit, main saloon owner's stateroom (2016)
The Island Packet 45 has a keel-stepped, high aspect, double spreader cutter rig. TIKI HUT has:
- Charleston Spars In-Mast Mainsail Furling System (spar removed and inspected along with all standing rigging in 2017)
- 316L Stainless Steel chainplates
- 110% Genoa on Harken Furling Headsail System
- Staysail on Harken Furler and Self-Tacking Boom w/spare staysail
- Genneker w/douser
- Lewmar 54CST-2 Speed Primary Winches
- Lewmar 16CST-2 Speed Secondary Winches
- Lewmar 44CST-2 Speed Mainsail Halyard & Sheet Winch on Coachroof
- Lewmar 44CST-2 Speed Mainsail Furling & Outhaul Winch on Coachroof
- Lewmar 16CST-2 Speed Staysail Winch on Coachroof
- Lewmar 8C Staysail Halyard Winch on Mast
- Lewmar 16C Genoa Halyard Winch on Mast
- 4 Rope Clutches for Mainsail Furling, Outhaul, Halyard and Sheet on Coachroof