1991 Hans Christian 43' (13.11 m)
solomons, Maryland, United States
Zelda is the world class cruising boat of your dreams. She is always the prettiest yacht in any harbor. The Hans Christian 43 is world-renowned for its strength, safety, and sea kindly motion. Zelda was custom designed for her previous owner. She is also the last one built.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: ABC123456789
ZELDA is the world class cruising boat of your dreams. She is always the prettiest yacht in any harbor. The Hans Christian 43 is world renowned for its strength, safety and sea kindly motion.
ZELDA was custom designed for her previous owner. She is also the last one built. Custom features include a modified sail plan for increased upwind performance, a Mark ll interior with forward stateroom and queen pullman berth, and the preferred Telstar keel with cutaway forefoot and skeg hung rudder for improved speed, safety and maneuverability. The teak, marble and bronze Mark ll interior is a warm, comfortable and inviting. She features two private staterooms, two heads and large main salon. The forward centerline head has an integral Italian tile shower. Her chef’s galley is fully functional with everything needed to efficiently prepare gourmet meals underway. Twelve bronze opening port lights, 3 bronze opening deck hatches, large opening butterfly hatch and 5 dorade vents provide excellent ventilation for cruising in the tropics. All have bronze screens, including the companionway, for excellent air flow. The large open cockpit is very dry offshore and provides excellent space for cruising and entertaining. ZELDA is one of those rare finds that can carry you to any sailing destination you desire. Her Ketch Rig offers many sail options for ease of handling and safe sailing in all weather conditions. Because she is ketch rigged, her main mast is under 60’ high and easily clears the ICW bridges.
If you are searching for a quality blue water cruiser to take you to the destination of your dreams, please call to schedule an appointment. SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
LOA: 52' 6'' (16.00 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 6''
LWL: 36' 10''
Cruise Speed: 7 Knots
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 39 Gallons (147.63 Liters)
Fresh Water: 180 Gallons (681.37 Liters)
Holding Tank: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Dry Weight: 37000
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH2
- Engine Year: 1991
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 66.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Interior joinery work is of the highest quality and is finished in varnished teak with a teak and holly floor. Countertops are gray marble with bronze fixtures, and lighting (with both white and red LED bulbs for night sailing) throughout the interior is provided by 11 overhead brass fixtures with glass lenses. In addition, there are 10 reading lamps, and red courtesy lights to illuminate the cabin sole while sailing at night. Raised panel doors, cabinets and access panels are all hand-crafted solid teak. The attention to detail is exactly what you would expect in such a vessel.
Starting forward in the Mark ll interior is a teak access door to the split chain lockers. A large bosun’s locker for line and sail storage is immediately behind.
Next is the centerline forward head with teak seating, 4 storage lockers and tile shower.
A queen pullman berth to port has 9 drawers for clothing, while to starboard there is a sink vanity and large hanging locker.
Further aft to port is the large main salon is a u-shaped settee and a dining table that comfortably seats six. To starboard is a straight settee (which converts to a comfortable berth), behind and outboard of the settee are
bookshelves and 2 lockers. Outboard of the u-shaped dining area is a comfortable pilot berth with lee cloth. There is storage under and behind the seatbacks and seats.
The chef’s galley is aft and to port. The counter space is expansive, and the layout is conducive to meal preparation at sea. There are large twin stainless steel sinks flush mounted close to the centerline. The galley is equipped with two separate insulated refrigerators/freezers. Both are top loading, but the inboard refrigerator has a
front access door as well. A force 10 gimbaled three burner stove/oven is mounted outboard and counter-space, cabinet, drawer and other dry storage areas are plentiful.
Across from the galley is the Navigation Station. The Chart Table is large enough to work full size charts and has a comfortable upholstered swivel chair. A Raymarine multi-function chartplotter/radar display is mounted in the panel along with the VHF radio and entertainment gear. All on-off breakers are located in 2 separate panels at the nav
station. Furthest aft to port is the aft stateroom, which has a queen berth, its own hanging locker, 3 opening ports, reading lamp and fan.
- Force 10 3 burner propane Stove/Oven
- LPG safety switch
- 20 lb LPG tank in forward Deck Box with LPG solenoid. (Solenoid, pressure gauge and hose new 2016)
- 2 separate Adler Barber Refrigerator/Freezers
- Raymarine RL70C Chartplotter/Radar multifunction display at Nav Station
- Raymarine RL70C Chartplotter/Radar multifunction display at Helm Station (NOS 2019)
- CMAP Charts 2017Raymarine GPS Antenna (2017)
- Autohelm ST7000 Auto Pilot
- Raymarine ST60 Depth, Speed Wind Displays
- NEW knotmeter/depth transducer (8/2020)
- ACR EPIRB (10yr battery) 2017
- VHF w/ AIS Receiver – Standard Horizon GX2200 (2017) w/ Remote Mic
- Raymarine Radar
- Sony AM FM Bluetooth Radio
- Yanmar 4JH2-TE 66 HP Diesel (Turbo new 2020)
- Kanzaki KBW 20 Transmission 2:1
- Shaft Log Hose, Buck Algonquin new 2016
- Maxwell Electric Windlass
- Air Conditioning/Heat – Dometic 16,500 BTU Reverse Cycle (NEW 2019)
- Custom 25 Gallon Stainless Steel Holding Tank (new 2017)
- Diesel Fuel Tank – 39 Gallon aluminum new 2016
- 2 Water Tanks – Stainless Steel Est. 180 gallons total
- Sink, Cockpit Drain, Toilet Hoses new (2016)
Deck, Cockpit, and Sails
- NEW bottom paint (8/2020)
- Bronze Pedestal with Teak over Stainless Helm
- Custom Bronze Binnacle Guard with Chartplotter and Autopilot displays
- 2 Barient 32 2-speed Bronze Self Tailing Primary Sheet Winches
- 2 Barient 22-39 2-speed Bronze self-tailing staysail and mainsheet winches
- 2 Barient 17 self-tailing Bronze mizzen halyard winches
- 4 Barient 22-39 2-speed self-tailing Bronze Halyard Winches
- 1 Barient 17 Bronze mizzen sheet winch
- 1 Barient 17 Bronze self-tailing reefing winch
- Teak Boarding Ladder
- Teak Butterfly Portlights on Cabin Top
- Three bronze hatches
- 11 Bronze portlights
- Mast Pulpits with pinrails and Belaying Pins
- Stern Pulpit
- 100% Genoa
ZELDA features a massive teak and stainless-steel bowsprit that is configured with double bronze bow rollers and bronze cap rail anchor chain protectors.
- Maxwell Electric Anchor Windlass
- 60 lb CQR with 200ft of G43 HT chain and 100 feet of 5/8 Yale 8 Strand rode and
- Titan shackles. (Rope and
- Chain new 2016)
- 45 lb CQR with 15’ of 5/8 G43 Chain and 300’ od NER 3 strand nylon rode (rode new 2016)
- Bridle with Mantus chain hook