2009 Island Packet 52' (15.85 m) 485
Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
Refit Year: 2022 TALALA
. TALALA was immaculately commissioned and customized, with a wide variety of owner enhancements that elevate this yacht above anything on the market. With precise planning and factory-perfect installations, you'll be hard pressed to believe everything was not done during the initial build.
Flag of Registry: United States
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: TDL48563C809
LOA: 52' 3'' (15.93 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Refit Year: 2022
Documented Year: 2008
Beam: 15' 4''
LOD: 48' 6''
LWL: 43' 2''
Draft Max: 5' 3''
Single Berths: 2
Double Berths: 1
Queen Berths: 2
Head Room: 6' 5''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Finish: gelcoat
Hull Shape: Displacement
Air Conditioning: Yes
Bridge Clearance: 63'
Fuel Tank: 300 Gallons (1135.62 Liters)
Fresh Water: 340 Gallons (1287.04 Liters)
Holding Tank: 60 Gallons (227.12 Liters)
Displacement: 44150 lbs
Ballast Weight: 16000 lbs
CE Certified: Yes
Designer: Bob Johnson, N.A.
Builder: Traditonal Watercraft
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: YANMAR
- Engine Model: 4JH4-GHTEB
- Engine Year: 2008
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 110.00
- Power KW: 82.03
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 1855.00
- Hours Date: 09-03-2022
- Engine Location: Middle
- Generator Make: Onan
- Generator KW: 9.00
- Generator Hours: 2400.00
EQUIPMENT AND ACCOMMODATIONS
The Island Packet 485 remains the “flagship” of the Island Packet line and TALALA is a tribute to what can be done with an Island Packet 485. TALALA was immaculately commissioned and customized, with a wide variety of owner enhancements that elevate this yacht above anything on the market. With precise planning and factory-perfect installations, you'll be hard pressed to believe everything was not done during the initial build. Split air conditioning systems installations separate the noisy compressors from the living quarters and preserves valuable interior storage space while custom cabinetry abounds to conceal ducts, wires and other "systems" from view while adding additional storage space.
The second owner of this yacht has honored the first owner by taking meticulous care of this hull, while improving and updating systems to keep the boat current and looking new. A recently completed refit, done in preparation for sale, has kept this yacht special and includes the following:
- All new Raymarine Instrumentation
- New canvas enclosure for the hard bimini (screens, vinyl and soft covers)
- New varnish on exterior wood (special non-skid texture on all teak steps)
- New Vacuflush vacuum generators fore and aft plus a new head forward
- LED running lights
- New engine and generator start batteries
- Service on both engine and generator
TALALA should be on your "must see" list if you are planning on some serious cruising! This beauty will not last long.
When first approached from the dock, TALALA appears to be a yacht that was just commissioned and presented to her owners. Instead, she is a yacht that has been used weekly but maintained in excellent by her owners. This yacht is equipped with all of the available exterior options including, bow thruster, electric winch package, electric windlass and Extendo boom (for lifting a dingy out of the water and onto the aft deck). The custom hard bimini top with enclosure creates a weather and bug proof outdoor living space. All sail control lines run to the cockpit, for ease of handling, with the knot, wind and depth instruments mounted above the companionway and the radar/ chart plotter mounted at the helm. All running rigging replaced early 2018. Also, you will note the custom teak and Plexiglas café style doors; drop-in companionway boards are still aboard as well.
When entering the bright airy Salon your first impression is how spacious this area is. The combination of the light colored cushions, plenty of natural light and the ability to stow the dinette table against the fwd bulkhead help to make the salon feel open and spacious. With the dinette table down and fully-extended you can comfortably entertain a large group. If extra space is needed, to accommodate additional overnight guests, the port settee pulls out and converts to a double berth. The cushions are covered with beige ultra-leather and the cabin soles are solid teak and oak (not veneer) providing a striking contrast. A new TV swivel-mounted on the forward bulkhead and a DVD player provides entertainment along with a Fusion stereo system with Bose speakers in the main salon, additional speakers in cockpit and brand new speakers on arch..
The Navigation Station is aft of the salon on the port side. It features a high-back swivel seat and a desk with storage tray. The nav station houses the AC/DC panel, electronics, and a wet hanging locker.
The large Galley is located on the starboard side between the companionway and the aft cabin. Whether you are doing long distance cruising or entertaining at the docks, the galley does it all. The galley is equipped with two (2) refrigerator/freezers, each with separate compressors and controls, enabling the owner to make either box a refrigerator or freezer. There is also a separate pull-out refrigerated drink drawer with dedicated controls. The three-burner Force 10 LPG stove w/oven and broiler (brolier heating element new August 2022) has sealed burners for easy cleaning, as well as a retracting door to prevent tipping when gimballed. On the inboard island is plenty of open counter space. To finish this area there is a deep double bowl sink, fresh water hand pump, and a custom storage cabinets throughout for additional items. The countertops are beautifully finished with a one-piece molded fiddle to aid in cleaning and keeping a neat and orderly galley when underway. The cabin sole is made of a molded nonskid for easy maintenance and a sure-footed feel. TALALA also features a custom-built trash container, complete with a solid acrylic top to match the rest of the galley countertops.
Moving aft you enter the Owner's Stateroom. The focal point of this cabin is a queen-sized island berth with an upholstered, memory foam mattress. Again this is a very bright and airy cabin with lots of headroom. There are (6) opening ports and a large overhead hatch to provide both natural ventilation and light. On the starboard side is a built-in chair flanked by large cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelved storage. There is a large pull-out drawer beneath the berth and the bottom of the berth opens up, with the assistance of gas struts, to provide access a large blanket storage area. Access to the large aft deck locker is also provided through a gasketed door on the aft bulkhead.
The Owner's Head is located on the port side. It features a VacuFlush toilet, molded shower stall, with a seat and folding acrylic door, a vanity with a one-piece molded countertop, shelves, a mirror and plenty of ventilation (new vacuum generator August 2022).
The comfortable Forward Stateroom offers a double island berth, lockers, shelves to port and starboard, excellent ventilation and direct access to the Guest Head. The base of the berth lifts up for storage and there are two pull-out drawers. Excellent ventilation and natural light make the forward stateroom a comfortable space to spend time.
The Guest Head is accessible from both the forward stateroom and the Salon. The countertop is a one-piece acrylic with molded-in fiddles and a stainless steel sink. The head has a freshwater VacuFlush unit with a dedicated water tank (new vacuum generator and toilet August 2022). The large shower stall has a bi-fold acrylic door and a teak seat.
The Third Cabin is the most functional space on the boat. It has a large counter-top, washer/dryer combo, icemaker, tool box and plenty of storage for spares and supplies.
- Cutter rig with furling mainsail, staysail, and 110% genoa
- Bottom painted in January 2021
- 2017 Mack main (new suncover August 2022)
- 2016 Mack staysail
- Original 130% genoa
- All sails removed, inspected and stitching repaires as needed August 2022
- Custom mast modified to 63' for added peace of mind on the ICW
- 14 over-size stays support mast
- Hoyt self-tacking boom for staysail
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 48CST winch.
- Harkin head-sail furling units with furling lines led to cockpit cleats.
- Two (2) electric primary winches (Lewmar Ocean Series 64CST, 2-speed)
- Electric mainsheet winch (Lewmar Ocean Series 48CST)
- Rigid boom vang
- Custom bimini hardtop with overhead hatches, full enclosure in vinyl and screens (new August 2022); non-skid added to hardtop 2017)
- Custom stainless steel Arch with all the toys
- Two 345 watt solar panels mounted on arch
- Six (6) person liferaft, serviced in 2015 (not current)
- Dinghy davits mounted on arch
- Engine lift on arch
- Outboard engine storage
- Rod holders
- Cockpit lighting
- Lewmar folding wheel
- Swim ladder
- Lighthouse 1501 Horizontal 12V windlass with power up and down and remote control with chain counter in cockpit
- Freshwater deck wash down (bow and stern)
- Factory Extendo-boom for bringing dinghy onto aft deck
- Hot and cold stern shower
- Exterior brightwork refinished (August 2022)
- Replaced front windshield of the dodger with Plaskolite TUFFAK (August 2022)
- Vinyl and screen enclosures, plus soft covers (all new August 2022)
- Detailed and waxed (August 2022)
- Cockpit cushons (new August 2022)
- All Running Rigging Replaced (2018)
- Raymarine i50 depth, i60 wind, i70 speed, i70 rudder displays (new August 2022)
- Raymarine I70 Multi (2) (new August 2022)
- Raymarine Autopilot with wireless remote (new August 2022)
- Raymarine Quantum 2 Q24D Doppler radar (new August 2022)
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 12" Chartplotter/Fishfinder in SailPod (new August 2022) Icom 504 VHF
- Rudder angle indicator
NAV STATION ELECTRONICS
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 12" Chartplotter/Fishfinder (new August 2022)
- Icom IC-M604 VHF
- Icom IC-M802 Single Sideband Radio
- Sat Weather Receiver
- 50AMP and 30AMP shore power connectors, bow and stern
- Shore power aft/forward selector switch
- 9KW Onan generator w/remote starter and excellent access from all sides (approximately 2400 hours) (water pump, heat exchanger, engine mounts, exhaust elbow, drip pan, coolant and oil change all new August 2022)
- Xantrex 3000 Inverter/charger
- Dual 345 watt solar panels on arch with controller
- Balmar 110AMP engine alternator w/extra wide serpentine belt
- 12V Auto-pilot Mamba drive unit
- Transfer switch from shore power to generator
- Battery selector switches
- Magnum Battery monitor
- Xantrex Link-Pro Battery monitor
- ·11 gallon hot water heater
- · Nine (9) group 31 AGM house batteries (new 2020)
- · Two (2) batteries, group 27 AGM, forward for bow thruster and windlass (new 2020)
- · Separate start batteries for engine and genset (Group 27 AGM) (new August 2022)
- Yanmar 110HP diesel engine with approx 1855 hours (new water pump, oil change August 2022)
- Side power 7HP bow thruster w/high thrust propellors (new zincs and propellers 2021)
- FCI Aquamiser 25GPH water maker with remote panel (pickled)
- Three Cruise-Air marine air conditioning/reverse-cycle heat units (16,000BTU for main saloon, 10,000BTU for owner's stateroom, 10,000BTU for forward cabins
- Oil changing system
- Tank tender
- Isotherm Icemaker
- Fuel polishing system BOSS 500
- Heavy-duty Rule bilge pumps with high water alarm (new pump August 2022)
- Owners' artwork, Type 5 PFD's, boat name and personal items.
Vessel Locations & Events
Island Packet 485 TALALA 2009 model for sale
TALALA was immaculately commissioned and customized, with a wide variety of owner enhancements that elevate this yacht above anything on the market. With precise planning and factory-perfect installations, you'll be hard pressed to believe everything was not done during the initial build.
Want more information?
Bill Bolin — CPYB
For 29 years, Bill was the public “face” of Island Packet Yachts to customers, dealers and industry members worldwide. A well-known speaker at boat shows, owner rendezvous' and marine-industry events, Bill had joined the fledgling boat builder in 1987, fulfilling a wide variety of roles over the years including customer service, dealer acquisition and training, sales, marketing, and quality assurance. Bill first got hooked on sailing at the age of 13 after sailing a Sunfish across the crystal-clear waters of Montego Bay, Jamaica. After graduating from college, he bought his first new boat, a Hobie 16, started a sailing school with a friend, and on a first date with his future wife, won the Hobie 16 Tri-State Championship with her as crew. After several years working as a marine patrol officer for the state of Ohio, Bill began selling yachts and teaching sailing for a Lake Erie dealership. He moved to Florida a few years later, where his new-boat sales acumen included models from companies such as Tartan, Pearson, C&C, S-2, Cal, Catalina, Beneteau, Morgan, Endeavour and, of course, Island Packet. Bill served nine years on the board of Sail America, including two terms as president, and was selected to be one of three judges for the 2018 Cruising World magazine Boat of the Year competition. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Yacht Broker’s Association of America, and is a Certified Professional Yacht Broker. His in-depth knowledge of the industry and keen focus on customer relations make him a valued addition to the S&J Yachts team.