2005 Caliber 35' (10.67 m) LRCSE
Rock Hall, Maryland, United States
ALISIOS "Translates to Tradewinds" has been sailed most of her life on the Chesapeake Bay where her two owners have taken meticulous care of her.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: don1234567
LOA: 35' 9'' (10.90 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 120 Gallons (454.25 Liters)
Fresh Water: 105 Gallons (397.47 Liters)
Holding Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Photos click to view all
Translates to Tradewinds
has been sailed most of her life on the Chesapeake Bay where her two owners have taken meticulous care of her. She is one of only two Caliber 35 LRC SE’s built. "SE" stands for Simple Elegance. This means that you can be assured that this Caliber was built with a modern electrical system, lush cabin appointments, exceptional safety features and excellent sailing qualities.
The current owners have also treated Alisios to a number upgrades including offshore Tri-Radial sails, AIS transceiver, and the latest electronics. She is large enough to be comfortable and sea-worthy, but small enough for short- or single-handed sailing. The current owner has spent about 85% of his sailing time on Alisios single-handed.
If you would like to view more photos, we can supply!
ALISIOS Featured in The Caliber 35 LRC SEries Factory Brochure
We are including the detailed and informative Caliber factory brochure for the Caliber 35 LRC SEries. Alisios, meaning Trade Winds, IS the representative model in the brochure. She is one of two vessels built in this model series.
Please see "Other Details" or the link below for the full factory brochure.
Please see the link below for the custom owner's manual specific to Alisios.
"SE" Simple Elegance Model offers these special interior features not found in other 35 LRC boats :
- Teak batten interior - main salon and berth
- Louvered teak cabinet doors with positive push button latches
- All interior doors are panel doors with upgraded door knobs
- Higher fixed sea rails inside cabin
- Two sky screens (roll away screen and shades for main salon and master cabin hatches)
- Upgraded cabinets in head
- Upgraded companionway steps
- Interior dome lights are all red/white
- 2 extra spot lights for reading
- 5 Hella fans – 3 in main salon, 1 in v-berth, 1 in aft cabin (factory-installed)
- Sony AM/FM/CD stereo at nav station, with VHF splitter and Bose Acoustimass 3 speakers in main salon
The underbody of the Caliber 35 LRC is an ideal combination of performance and seaworthiness. The modifed fin keel design provides the best of two worlds: performance and high pointing ability similar to sporty fin keels, with stability, tracking and sea kindliness approaching that of a heavy full keel design. Her double-sealed one-piece keel is integral to the hull, not bolted on like many production boats. Her skeg-hung rudder is well protected from grounding or collision, and provides excellent authority and feel.
Hull and Deck Construction
The hull is a solid heavy woven roving glass laminate, creating a thick panel which increases strength. Just bang the hull of a LRC SEries yacht, and compare it to others. Common sense will tell you what you want to be at sea on.
The interior of a Caliber is hand-crafted for strength, not mass produced from glass liners and glass components. All bulkheads are individually taped in place top to bottom, bow to stern, throughout the entire hull. In addition, from the floor stringers and the subsole, to berth tops and shelves, everything is solidly hand-laminated to the hull. Such thorough lamination is virtually impossible when installing large fiberglass liners or fiberglass components.
Convertible Cutter Rig
The Caliber 35 LRC can be rigged either as a sloop or cutter, depending on weather. In sloop mode, the 135% genoa is efficient and easily tacked without the interference of an inner forestay. When the wind pipes up, the inner forestay can be rigged in a moment. The hanked-on staysail is self-tacking and provides a perfectly balanced sail plan with a double-reefed main for easy, comfortable and safe heavy air sailing.
Cockpit and Deck
The cockpit design maximizes safety. The roomy cockpit is designed for safety, comfort, and efficiency. High back supports are built into the seats plus the cockpit’s coaming tops are extra wide creating nice seats too. For extra security both the bow and stern pulpits are extra-long completely enveloping the cockpit and the foredeck.
At the stern, a boarding platform makes it simple to board a dinghy or take a swim. The platform’s folding ladder can be deployed from the water, allowing safe, quick access, even for an unassisted swimmer. A hand-held shower provides a rinse-off right on the platform without getting the deck wet.
The transom is a closed design to protect the cockpit from following seas.
For short-handed, or single-handed sailing, all sail control lines are led aft to the cockpit. All winches are self-tailing for one-handed use. Even mainsail reefing, an awkward chore on many boats, is quick and easy on the 35LRC, thanks to the Selden single-line auto-reefing system with cockpit controls. The primary genoa winches are specifically placed so they are easily reached by the helmsman or crew.
The T-shaped cockpit accommodates an extra- large diameter wheel, to allow the helmsman to sit off to the side for a clear view of the sails. With the cockpit’s generous proportions, there is room for the tallest sailor to relax.
Located at the bow there is a large foredeck locker which is not only able to contain the anchor rode, but there is additional room for storage such as fenders and docking lines.
To help you feel extra secure, whether it be in the cockpit or working the foredeck, the bow and stern rails are extended far beyond what is standard for the industry. The Caliber Safety Sea RailsTM wrap the cockpit and the foredeck, so you can be wrapped in safety.
Canvas, Sails and Rigging
- Dodger and Bimini
- NavPod Cover
- Sail Cover
- New Tri-Radial Mainsail, Challenge Newport Pro Radial 8.1 sailcloth (2021)
- New Tri-Radial 135% Genoa, Challenge Newport Pro Radial 7.1 sailcloth (2021)
- Hank-on staysail, Polyant Dimension Dacron 8 oz sailcloth
- (2) Lewmar 30 Winches
- (2) Lewmar 48 Winches
- Note : Most running rigging replaced over the past 3 years
- Horseshoe Buoy
- Whisker Pole
- Harken Traveler
- Hand-held shower mounted on transom can be used without splashing deck or cockpit
- Swim ladder is designed to be self-deployable by swimmer for safe, quick, and easy recovery of man overboard
- Extra wide coaming seat tops for sitting comfort
- Full length cockpit seats to stretch out on
- Port and starboard boarding gates with secure locking pelican hooks
- All halyards and sheets lead aft for safe sailing from the cockpit
- Caliber Safety Sea Rails are extra-tall and extra-long for security in the cockpit or on the foredeck
- Flat stable platform at the proper height from which to board a dingy
- Line hangers to store store excess halyards, sheets and lines
- Transom platform designed with faceted angles for strength against following seas. Additionally rudder supports are bonded to inside of transom for tremendous strength
- Twin (not split) backstays for backup reliability, plus makes accessing platform easier
- Large comfortable stern rail seats unobstructed by backstays
- Primary jib sheet winches within easy reach of helmsman
- Flush mounted and plexiglass protected engine instrument console near the helmsman
- Stainless steel dorades and guards are standard equipment
- Ergonomic designed seats for comfort
- Inboard genoa tracks for more efficient windward performance
- Full-length slotted toerail for sheeting blocks, fenders with added extended rubrail for hull protection
- Outboard Bracket
- Cockpit Cushions
- • LoFrans Progress I Capstan windless, foot switch(es), breaker, & cockpit remote (factory installed)
- 33lb Bruce anchor
- 100' 5/16" Trident Marine hot dipped galvanized windlass chain (2022)
- 200’ 5/8 anchor line spliced to the chain
- Sea-water pump with hose in anchor well (factory installed)
- Improved anchor platform, rollers for 2 full-size anchors
Electronics, Audio and Entertainment
At Nav Station/Chart Table
- AIS700 Class B Transceiver (2021)
- Standard Horizon Explorer VHF (2022)
- Raymarine Autohelm ST60
- Sony Marine Stereo
- Bestek 400W Power Inverter
- Xantrex True Charger 40
- Xantrex Battery Monitor
- Engine Hour Meter
- Tank Watch Monitor
- 12V Marine Outlet Plug
At Helm/Nav Pod
- Raymarine Axiom+ Network Chart Plotter (2022)
- Raymarine Quantum Doppler Radar (2022)
- Raymarine Evolution EV-1 Autopilot (2023)
- Raymarine Tridata ST60
- Raymarine Wind Autohelm Series ST60
- Standard Horizon remote VHF station (2022)
- Ritchie Compass
Dedicated Engine Room
The dedicated engine room is considered the heart of a LRC SEries yacht. The compartment was designed with the utmost planning and attention to detail.
Where other yachts place major system components under sinks, buried in lockers, the LRC SEries major system components are primarily located in the dedicated engine room.
This leaves extra room in the rest of the yacht interior for useful storage. Within the engine room, there is space for an air conditioner, water maker, inverter, heater, etc. There is good access to all this equipment and the diesel engine. The marine batteries, fresh water manifolds, fuel control panel, steering system components are all within easy reach. There is even room for a generator.
Dedicated Nav Station
The dedicated navigator's station is located aft near the companionway, gives the navigator a secure location to plot a course and to monitor the electronics.
There is extra space to accommodate the electronics, navigation equipment and instruments on the drop-down mounting surface designed for this purpose.
Every available cubic inch is turned into useable storage. The working surface of the chart table is large enough to make chart reading and plotting easy. The lid raises for instrument and chart storage.
Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing
- Electrical (Caliber “Smart Electrical System”)
- 110 amp high output small frame alternator with smart regulator
- Two bank AGM battery system – 2-4D 200 amps house battery + 1 Group 27
- Starting battery, emergency cross-over switch house to starter battery
- Smart voltage regulator with battery temperature
- External Voltage regulator (2022)
- Positive and negative distribution buses
- Digital AC/DC panel
- Xantrex True Charge 40+ charger with remote panel and temperature sensor
- Xantrex Battery monitor
- 2 Cigarette lighters 12 volt power outlet at nav station
- Cigarette lighter 12 volt power outlet in cockpit
- (5) Hella interior fans
Main Salon features a fold away bulkhead table creating space for entertaining
guests or for quiet relaxation and takes full advantage of the wide beam to provide an expansive main living area.
With the table up, this area provides a nice place to sit and relax, have a drink, watch TV, or read a book. With the bulkhead table down (wine and magazine rack behind), it creates the perfect area for dining with a large group when the occasion arises.
Storage in the main salon abounds. There are large storage lockers under, behind, and above both the port and starboard settees. When extra guests arrive, the starboard settee easily converts into a large single berth, or can be used as a small double.
A gourmet cook will appreciate this galley with its Force 10 LPG stove and oven, a large and heavily insulated top loading ice box, large premium double stainless steel sink, ample storage for food and utensils, and a secure U-shaped counter for space to prepare meals.
Ventilation was a priority in the design of the galley. Flow-through ventilation is accomplished with a dedicated overhead hatch, portholes and the location beside the large companionway opening.
Every conceivable spot is used for storage so no volume is wasted. Even the bottom step of the companionway stairs is used to store the garbage bin where it’s hidden away out of sight, yet convenient to use.
Two sleeping cabins, each with large double-berths, provide for total relaxation and comfort.
The aft cabin, a quarter berth, is located on the starboard side and is easy to enter when you come down the companionway or leave the chart table.
The forward cabin is a true stateroom featuring an extra large V- berth with a tufted mattress topper and private access to the forward head. It is 6’ 10” long and 6’2” wide. This stateroom features a cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf above, three drawers below the berth, and drop-in storage also below the berth. Optional teak hull panels, unique to the SE series, create a warm and cozy atmosphere.
The extra large forward head with two-way accessibility. The private enclosed cabin with manual head is uncommonly large and allows plenty of room for showering. A dedicated overhead hatch and opening porthole allows for cross-flow ventilation.
A unique feature of this head is dual accessibility. There are two entry doors with one for private access from the forward cabin and another with access from the aft cabin/main salon.
There are storage cabinets above the countertop and a storage locker below. To make cleaning and maintenance easy, these are the only interior areas that are built using fiberglass components.
The owner replaced the original headliner in the salon and head with removable fabric covered panels to allow access to deck hardware for maintenance and re-bedding when needed.
Want more information?
"*" indicates required fields
Ed Kurowski & Robin Wood Kurowski
Ed and Robin have worked in the yacht sales industry for 35 years and have handled national and international transactions for new builds, imports, and new and brokerage vessels while leading an award-winning sales and service team. Their years and experiences have provided them with a solid background in negotiations, customer service, technical advice, outfitting solutions, financial recommendations and insurance referrals with a lifelong commitment to their customers.
Ed and Robin’s enthusiasm for yachting aboard quality cruising boats and logging more than 40,000 sea miles translates into an approach that will help you select and equip your boat for comfortable and safe ownership and voyages. They have the ability to perform for their clients who share the same high standards and desires that they do.