2001 Island Packet 38' (11.58 m) 380
Rock Hall, Maryland, United States
See me at the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show!!! A seasoned traveler and cruise equipped, Blue Sky can take you anywhere. She's been a reliable adventuress who has been well loved and constantly maintained. More pictures coming shortly!!
- Cruisers / Cutter
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: ABC123456789
See me at the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show!!!
A seasoned traveler and cruise equipped, Blue Sky can take you anywhere.
She's been a reliable adventuress who has been well loved and constantly maintained.
More pictures coming shortly!!
LOA: 39' 7'' (12.07 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 13' 1''
Draft Max: 4' 7''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Bridge Clearance: 54' 3''
Fuel Tank: 85 Gallons (321.76 Liters)
Fresh Water: 170 Gallons (643.52 Liters)
Holding Tank: 40 Gallons (151.42 Liters)
Ballast Weight: 9000 lbs
Dry Weight: 21000
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 4JH2BE
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 57.00
- Power KW: 42.50
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 5362.00
Island Packet is known for their comfortable, voluminous, safe interiors. There is storage everywhere! The signature bulkhead mounted table opens up the salon and gives you the livability of a much larger boat.
Starting forward, there is a center line queen bed. No more climbing over to exit the bed. Tons of storage are in cubbies and hanging lockers and lifting up the foot of the bed gives you a huge storage space for extra bedding, or what have you.
The spacious head is next aft to port. This head is designed differently than other models and features a fold out shower wall that keeps the sink area dry. When not in use, it folds against the bulkhead and offers a full length mirror. Brilliant!
More storage is to starboard before entering the salon. Facing settees provide lovely seating with the port settee converting to another double bed, when needed. Blue Sky also has a thoughtfully added bench type foot rest/ coffee table/ storage bin. Really comes in handy!
At the aft end of the port settee is the nav area.
To port of the companionway is the entrance to the aft cabin. Again, Blue Sky has a thoughtfully added desk that folds out for those of you who want to spend a bit of time on the computer or writing. This is beautifully made and takes the place of the aft sink that many feel is ungainly in its design.
To starboard of the companionway is the galley....the heart of the everyday life on board. You have a double bowl stainless steel sink, three burner propane stove with oven and refrigerator/freezer with additional insulation....professionally done.
- Custom Mattress in forward cabin
- Flagship 16 K and 9 K air conditioners
- 6 Hella Fans
- 11 Opening Stainless Steel Ports
- 5 Opening Deck Hatches
- Glebe Creek Screens
- Hinged Companionway Doors
The Galley, located to starboard of the companionway, offers great storage and counter space. It is a safe galley in which to work and is convenient to the cockpit and open to the salon.
- Double Bowl Stainless Steel Sink
- Force 10 Three Burner Propane Stove with Oven and Broiler - 2014 (Two 10lb Propane Tanks)
- 110v Microwave
- Frigoboat BD35 Keel Cooled Refrigerator/freezer with Smart Speed Controller and spill over fan
- Box nicely lined with additional insulation - VIP R-28 Panels and ridged fiberglass sheet professionally installed
- Remote fridge and freezer temperature display
- Carel digital thermostat
Deck and Hull
Island Packet Yachts are known for ease of footing on deck. They offer wide walkways and good hand grips going forward.
- Lofrans Tigress Electric Windlass - 2015
- Deck Washdown
- 55# Rocna Anchor with 150' chain and 200 ' rode - 2016
- 44# Bruce 30' chain 300' rode
- Lifelines 2015 - Oversized and uncoated Stainless Steel
- (3) Stainless Steel Dorades (Stainless Steel was Optional) with Stainless guards that offer good handholds going forward
- All teak brightwork annually coated professionally with Sikkens Cetol and it looks great!
- Dodger,(with raised, higher frame for standing headroom and oversized windows), Bimini, Connecting Panel and FULL ENCLOSURE - All New with polycarbonate windshield - 2015
- Cockpit Cushions - 2015
- New Cockpit Speakers - 2019
- New Cockpit Scupper Hoses - 2019 (Very Important and usually overlooked!)
- Teak Cockpit Table
- Kato Davits
- Forespar Outboard Hoist
- Edson Outboard Rail Mount
- Cockpit H/C Shower
- Elkhide Wheel Cover
- Winslow SLO 4 Man Liferaft (needs certification)
- Extruded Rubrail
Electronics and Entertainment
- Raymarine ST60 Wind, Speed, Depth
- Raymarine ST6002+ Autopilot
- Raymarine RD418D Digital Radome Scanner - 2017
- Raymarine C90W Mulitfunction at helm
- Raystar 125GPS receiver
- Garmin AGSMAP 76C
- ICOM 502 VHF
- ICOM Command Mic at Helm - 2020
- ICOM 802 HF
- SSB Radio
- Flat Screen TV in Salon
- Stereo 2015
- New Cockpit Speakers 2019
Sails & Rigging
- In Mast Furling Main
- Staysail with Hoyt Boom on Harken Furling
- 110% Highcut Genoa on Harken Furling
- Self Tailing Furling Winch on Coaming
- Gaurhauer Rigid Vang
- Easily handled rig with the added versatility of having the staysail
Blue Sky has full 12v and 110v systems.
- Two Shore Power inlets with breakers
- Galvanic Isolators on both AC Circuits
- (6) Group 27 Batteries (Standard is 4 batteries)
- Battery Charge Separator - 2015
- (2) 50' 30 amp Shore Power Cords
- Charles 5000 series 40 amp charger
- Xantrex Prosine 1800 Inverter
- Xantrex Echo Charger
- (3) Kyoera KC130TM Solar Panels - Mounted over Bimini
- Blue Sky Charge Controller
- Blue Sky IPN ProRemote Energy Monitor
- NEW LED Running Lights - 2020
- LED Anchor Light at Masthead
Mechanical and Plumbing
- Yanmar 56 HP with 5362 well maintained and smooth running hours
- Yanmar 1000 Hour Service - Major service check/ clean/ adjust everything - Mechanic stated he never saw a 4JH3 run as smooth and quiet.
- PSS dripless shaft seal - replaced - 2014
- Balmar 100 amp dual output alternator- NEW 2022
- Rebuilt fuel injectors- 4300 Hours - 2017
- Engine Raw Water Pump - 5000 Hours - 2018
- Head hoses replaced
- Macerator for overboard pumping when offshore - 2021
- Holding tank
- Head pump replaced - 2019
- Spectra Catalina 300 12.5 GPH Watermaker
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
"*" indicates required fields
Michele started her career in January 1987 by developing the brokerage division of Gratitude Yachting Center. This followed a career of teaching special-needs children for more than 18 years. Michele’s summers during her teaching days were spent working with a charter company and sailing school located on the Chesapeake, and her years there gave her the opportunity to sail many different designs. She also handled the provisioning for these charters and owned the Galley Elf, a catering business. The Galley Elf eventually introduced her to the gang at Gratitude when she catered their Island Packet Rendezvous and the rest was history.