1988 31' Island Packet 31
ESPRIT IS A VERY MODERN 31 FEATURING NEW FURLING MAIN complete with STANDING & RUNNING RIGGING, BOOM & MAST plus CHAINPLATES. Plus, she has new HOLDING TANK and INTERIOR CUSHONS and MANY More UPGRADES!!!
The Island Packet 31 is still the most popular boat IP has ever made. It is by far the best cruiser of its size. With her clever private aft cabin and storing saloon table she has the interior space, privacy and comfort of a much larger yacht. Her cutter rig and running rigging makes the 31 easy to handle in all kinds of weather conditions. When the wind doesn't blow, the Yanmar diesel moves her easily and efficiently. The 31 is great for a family or a couple and their guests. The 31s are not only well designed but well built as well making them a best value on the used market.
Request More Information
- Model Year1988
- LOA34.33 ft
- Beam11.5 ft
- Engines Total Power27 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model3GM30F
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power27 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks70 gallon
- Fuel Tanks25 gallon
- Holding Tanks14 gallon
The Robert Johnson designed, Island Packet 31, "Esprit", is a huge 31 with plenty of elbow room and storage making her the perfect family cruiser with 2 private cabins, a large saloon and a very comfortable head.
Beginning at the bow, there is an anchor locker large enough to accommodate two complete anchor rodes. The Locker drains overboard and not into the bilge.
The Vee Berth follows aft with an opening hatch and 2 ports. There is lots of storage with a hanging locker on port of entrance, shelves on either side of berth and 2 cabinets under berth. There are 2 reading lights.
A large Head is aft on starboard with entrances from the Saloon and another from the forward stateroom. Itis has a sink, shower, commode, teak towel holder and mirror. And there is room for a real shower. An opening port provides ventilation.
The Main Saloon follows with an “L” shaped settee on starboard that converts to a double berth. There is a straight settee across on port long enough to serve as a single berth. A hanging locker forward by the entrance to the forward cabin is large enough for all your foulies. There is a hinged, fold down dining table that stores on the starboard side of the forward bulkhead when not in use. The saloon has an opening hatch, 5 opening ports and 4 reading lights for light and ventilation.
A “U” shaped Galley follows aft on port with double sink, 2 burner Origo stove & oven, large icebox, and lots of storage.
The Quarter Berth is aft on starboard and is large enough for an adult couple. The forward facing Nav Station is at the cabin’s entry. The good sized desk is cleverly designed to provide privacy unfolding upwards forming a bulkhead with an accordion pocket door pulling out by the companionway.
The deep Cockpit provides security & is long enough for sailing, entertaining and napping. It is protected from the elements with a large Florida style bimini. There is a fold down swim ladder off the transom for fun and safety.
- Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- New Commode Installed 2019
- Hot and Cold Pressure Water
- Adler Barbour Refrigeration
- Interior cushions with 5" foam 2019
- Solar Exhaust Fan Over Galley
All Island Packets have both a 110 Shorepower and 12 Volt Ship Electrical Systems.
- Battery Charger
- 3 House Batteries & Engine Start Battery
- Electric Hot Water Heater
- 50' Shorepower Cable
- 12V Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
- LED Interior Reading Lights
- Added Florescent Lighting in Galley and Saloon
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Raymarine Hybrid e7D MFD Touch Screen with GPS, Chart Plotter, & Fish Finder
- Raymarine ST60 Knotmeter, Depthsounder & Wind Instrument in Pod at Helm
- Autohelm 3000 Wheel Pilot
- VHF Radio with Remote Cockpit Mike
- Stereo CD Player and Cabin Speakers
"Esprit" has a sloop rig with a high aspect In Mast Furling Mainsail. All Standing Rigging replaced including CHAINPLATES! (2019)
- Furling Mainsail 2019
- "Esprit" was refitted in 2019 with a new Charleston Spars Roller Furling Mast, all new Standing Rigging including a complete Chainplate replacement
- Traveller is mounted out of the way on cabin top with lines let back to cockpit
- Boom Vang
- Lewmar 2-Speed 48ST Primary Winches mounted on Cockpit Coaming
- Lewmar 8 Genoa Halyard Winch - on Mast
- Lewmar 2-Speed 16St Mainsail Halyard & Mainsheet Winch Mounted on Starboard side Coach Roof
- 4 Schaeffer Rope Clutches on Coach Roof (2 Each Side of Companionway
- Schaeffer Rope Clutch for Genoa Furling Line
- Winch Holder
- 2 Linebags: One each side of Companionway
Island Packets are well known for their build. They are full keeled, solid fiberglass hulls with a modern forefoot, an integral keel and bow sprit and features a synthetically cored deck which eliminates damage from water intrusion and prevents voids and delamination. The rudder is a spade type with a strap connecting the hull and rudder to prevent lines from getting caught damaging the drivetrain. Together the Packets track extremely well and are very maneuverable in tight quarters. She is a great all around boat.
- 2 Anchors with rode and chain
- Large Bimini that covers the cockpit and the companionway with Sighting Window
- Dock, Mooring Lines and Fenders
- USCG Safety Package with LifeSling MOB System and Horse Shoe Throwable
- SS Opening Port with Screens
- All Hatches have screens
- Exterior Teak has Oiled Finnish
- Canvas Protective Covers for Teak Handrails
- Cockpit Shower
- Custom Stern Dockline Sheaves
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
I have a lifetime of boating, fishing, waterskiing, cruising and racing experience as well as 34 years of selling all kinds of power and sail boats. I will guide you effortlessly through the purchase process from the showings to the offers through the counters, survey, acceptance and settlement. I will make your boat buying experience easy and fun, and guarantee that you will get the boat best suited for your needs, plans and monies. And, I will be there after the sale to help you with every aspect of your boating experience.
Please, don't forget, I am always looking for good, quality sail and power boat listings. With real Yacht World Sold Boat comparables, a quarter century of marketing and sales experience, as well as a standing list of Buyers I have the selling know-how to move your boat in this tough economy with a simple goal of getting you the most monies in the shortest time. Call me to discuss your current boat and how we can maximize its sale.