1992 29' Island Packet 29
FANTASTIC POCKET CRUISER with the Elbow Room and Storage of a much larger yacht! - QUALITY EQUIPMENT & MAINTENANCE THROUGHOUT!!!!
The Island Packet 29 replaced the 27 in 1991 with significant upgrades including improved hull, keel and rudder shapes, a fiberglass sole at the companionway base and a larger galley with full stove/oven. She is a great pocket cruiser with exceptional comfort, storage, and strength to make your sailing safe and pleasurable whether weekend gunkholing or longer cruises.
Request More Information
- Model Year1992
- LOA32 ft
- Beam10.83 ft
- Engines Total Power19 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model2GM
- Engine Power19 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks45 gallon
- Fuel Tanks23 gallon
- Holding Tanks14 gallon
A very comfortable private v-berth is forward with an opening hatch and two opening ports. There is an area for dressing and a hanging locker. There is extra storage under the berth with 2 drawers and 2 cabinets.
The head follows aft on port with an opening hatch and port. There is a commode, sink and roomy shower.
Main saloon follows aft with a bulkhead mounted table on port side of salon. The settee under the table pulls out to form a double berth. The settee on starboard is long enough for an adult to comfortably nap.
A "U"-shaped galley is aft on starboard with excellent storage and workspace, including a large, deep sink, two burner propane stove and ice box.
Across on port is the entrance to the quarterberth where a dropdown nav station desk is located with a hanging locker and a bank of cabinets. The Island Packet 29 can sleep seven.
- LED Saloon Cabin Lights '20
- New 2021 Metal Framed Screens for all Ports
- Glebe Creek Screens for all Hatches and Companionway
- Teak and Holly Sole
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Water Tank Gauge
- Aqua Meter CO Sentry
- Adler-Barbour Refrigeration w/Freezer
- 2 Burner Propane Stove
- Propane BBQ Grill on Stern Rail
The Island Packet 29 has both a 12V Ship and 120V Shorepower systems
- 2 Group 27 Gel Cell Batteries 2010
- Single Engine Start Group 27 Battery
- Battery Charger
- 50' Shorepower Cord
- Air Conditioning w/Reverse Cycle Heat
- Electric 6 Gallon Hot Water Heater 2011
- 12V Fan in Main Saloon
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Davis Windex at Masthead
- Simrad IS20 Depth/Speed/Wind Instruments at Helm 2012
- Simrad IS20 at Nav Station 2012
- Simrad NSS 8 Multifunction Touch-Screen Chart Plotter/GPS at Helm
- North American Chart Chip for Plotter
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio w/AIS & DSC integrated w/Simrad NSS 8 '16
- Autohelm ST4000 Autopilot
- Brass Clock and Barometer
- Stereo w/CD Player and IPod input w/Cabin and Cockpit Speakers
- Chesapeake Paper Charts
- Radar Reflector
The IP 29 is powered by a Yanmar, Fresh Water Cooled 19HP Diesel with 861 hours that has been professionally maintained by Bayshore Marine.
- New Engine Wiring Harness '19
- All Plumbing Hoses including Commode to Tank, Tank to Deck Pump Out, etc '20
- Electrical Bilge Pump w/Auto & Manual Functions '18
- Mechanical Bilge Pump '19
- Head has Y-Valve, Holding Tank & both ThruHull and Deck Pumpouts
- Various Engine Spare Parts
- Diesel Tank Replaced '18
The 29 is a high aspect, single spreader cutter rig. All lines except genoa and staysail halyards are led aft. The Cutter Rig was professionally tuned in 2017. All sails were professionally cleaned and inspected 2017 and have been very lightly used since.
- North Full Battened Mainsail w/2 Reef Points 2011
- Lazy Jacks
- North Genoa 2011 on Harken Furling
- North Staysail 2011 on Harken Furling
- All NEW Running Rigging '17
- Boom Vang
- Mainsail and Staysail Topping Lifts
- Schaeffer Traveller w/lines led thru cam cleats to cockpit
- Lewmar 30ST 2-Speed Primaries
- 2 Lewmar ST16 2-Speed Mainsail & Staysail Winches on Coach Roof
- 2 Rope Clutches for both Mainsail Halyard/Sheet
- 2 Rope Clutches for Mainsail Reefing Lines
- 2 Lewmar Halyard Winches on Mast
- Complete set of Spare (original) Sails
The Island Packet has a solid glass hull with an integral fuil foil keel and bow sprit. The deck is synthetically cored. A Spade Rudder hangs behind the keel with a boxed support that protects rudder, props and shaft from lines and debris
- All Exterior Brightwork '17
- Chainplates Rebedded '17
- Dodger with Side Handrails '17
- Bimini w/Connecting Panel '17
- 25# CQR Anchor w/20' of Chain and 200' 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Dock Lines '12 and Fenders
- New Lifelines 2011
- Cockpit Cushions
- Teak Cockpit Table and Drinkholder
- Flag Halyards on each Spreader and on Backstay
- Outboard Bracket
- USCG Saftey Package and Horseshoe Buoy
- Dock Lines and Fenders
- Canvas Hatch Covers
- Ablative Bottom Paint '17. Ready to Sail Away
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
I have a lifetime of boating, fishing, waterskiing, cruising and racing experience as well as 25 years of selling all kinds of power and sail boats. I can guide you effortlessly through the purchase process from the showings to the offers through the counters, survey, acceptance and settlement. I can make your boat buying experience easy and fun, and guarantee that you will get the boat best suited for your needs, plans and monies. And, I will be there after the sale to help you with every aspect of your boating experience.
Please, don't forget, I am always looking for good, quality sail and power boat listings. With real Yacht World Sold Boat comparables, a quarter century of marketing and sales experience, as well as a standing list of Buyers I have the selling know-how to move your boat in this tough economy with a simple goal of getting you the most monies in the shortest time. Call me to discuss your current boat and how we can maximize its sale.
PLEASE, CALL: 410-708-4422 OR EM: JIM@SJYACHTS.COM