2014 46' Hake / Seaward 46
The innovative and VERY shallow draft (keel up) Seaward/Hake 46 is the creation of Nick Hake, founder of Hake Marine and creator of the Seaward line of lifting keel sailboats. The 46 is the crown jewel of the company, with just 16 of these models built between 2010 and 2017. FASTER HORSES is hull number three in the production run, and has been lightly used and well treated by its first and only owner (just 100 hours on the engines).
With twin diesel engines, a draft of just 2' 7" with the keel up, a raised, pilothouse-like Stidd nav seat with 360 degree views from the inside control station, and a totally new suite of electronics, new batteries, new 3000 watt inverter and new bottom paint, FASTER HORSES is ready to go cruising to places most boats of this size can't visit.
- BuilderHake Marine
- Model Year2014
- DesignerNick Hake
- LOA48 ft
- Beam13.25 ft
- Minimum Draft2.58 ft
- Engines Total Power106 hp
- Number of Engines2
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model4JH5E
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power53 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks180 gallon
- Fuel Tanks180 gallon
- Holding Tanks70 gallon
The Seaward 46 boasts three (3) separate staterooms but can sleep up to eight comfortably. With the raised coach roof and large wrap-around windows, plus two deck prisms strategically located, the interior is well lit and feels more spacious than a 46-footer. On centerline, just forward of the companionway, is a raised navigation station with a deluxe Stidd captain’s chair and a electrically height-adjustable desk. Down to port is the fully equipped galley, with ample storage and generous counter space. A front loading refrigerator, deep freezer, Wallas diesel-fired stove and oven, microwave and vent fan make this one of the best equipped galleys ever.
Just aft of the galley to port is a solid butcher block work space with three spacious drawers beneath. Moving forward of the raised nav area, and to starboard of the galley, is a spacious U-shaped settee with a table that raises and lowers electrically for dining, cocktails, or can even be converted into another double bunk. Rich synthetic leather fabric makes this area inviting, comfortable and practical. A new 32" flat screen TV, connected to an masthead HDTV antenna and a DVD player was installed in November 2019.
Aft to port and starboard are two private staterooms, both equipped with double berths and ample hanging and bin storage. A large head, with separate shower stall, is located just forward of these staterooms to port and is easily accessible from the cockpit/companionway.
The owner's stateroom is forward, with a large, queen-sized centerline island berth and an ensuite head with a separate shower stall to starboard and ample hanging and bin spaces for all of your cruising and entertaining apparel. A small vanity with a sink is located in this cabin as well, aft and to port. A new TV (Nov 2019) is mounted on the bulkhead.
All cabinetry is made of select varnished teak, and a teak and holly sole extends throughout the interior spaces.
All cabins are climate controlled with three air conditioning/reverse cycle heat units (24,000 BTUs total), generous opening ports and hatches. Eight (8) 12V cabin fans are thoughtfully placed throughout the interior. The owner's cabin air conditioning unit may be run all night using only the batteries and inverter, for a quiet night's sleep.
- 12,000 BTU Air Conditioner, Reverse Cycle - Main Cabin 6,000 BTU Air Conditioner, Reverse Cycle - Aft Cabin 6,000 BTU Air Conditioner, Reverse Cycle - Forward Cabin – Able to run on batteries alone
- Bilge Vacuum System
- Diesel Generator 110 V AC - Fisher Panda 4 Kw (Less than 100 hours of operations)
- 3 Racor Fuel Filters – 1 for each engine and generator
- (4) Solbian 100 Watt Solar Panels and charge controller
- 3 Kw Inverter Charger- Xantrex Freedom SW3012 w/Auto Gen Start - New Nov, 2019
- Pro Mariner Fail Safe FS60 Auxiliary Battery Charger- New Nov, 2019
- 6 House Batteries: Lifeline AGM 2V 1200 Amp Hrs Total - New Nov, 2019
- Engine/Generator Start Battery: Odyssey – New Nov 2019
- Bow Thruster/Windlass Battery: Odyssey - New Nov, 2019
- LED Nav Light Fixture on Mast- New Nov, 2019
- Sterling Power Battery Monitor PMP1- New Nov, 2019
- LED Battery Monitors & Separate Disconnect Switches- New Nov, 2019
- Battery Monitoring System- New Nov, 2019
- Kahlenberg Air Horns & Compressor with air hose quick connect
- 50 Amp Shore Power Receptacles
- (2) PSS Dripless shaft seals
- Raymarine Smartpilot EV400 with Type 2 Long Linear Drive 12v New Nov 2019
- Raymarine P70 Autopilot Control Head - New Nov, 2019
- Raymarine Smartcontroller Wireless Remote - New Nov, 2019
- Raymarine Multi function display AXIOM SL16 – 15.6” Glass Bridge MFD
- Raymarine System Remote control Keypad for Axiom MFD
- Raymarine RD418HD 4kw Color Radome Scanner w/Cable
- Raystar 150 GPS Sensor New Nov 2019
- Raymarine I-70s Instruments, Multi-Purpose New Nov 2019
- Raymarine i60 Wind Display New Nov 2019
- Raymarine i60 Wind System w/Masthead New Nov 2019
- Raymarine AIS650 Class B Receiver & Antenna New Nov 2019
- Canvas Bimini on Stainless Steel Arch
- Beautiful Teak Cockpit Sole & Seats
- Cockpit Cushions
- Custom Teak Cockpit Table
- Integral Hinged Companionway Doors plus Exterior Hatch Boards w/Aluminum Interior Track
- Bow Pulpit with Double Lifelines
- Rigid Boom Vang
- (2) Glass Deck Prisms for light below deck
- Stern Rail with Stern Rail Seats
- Swim Ladder with Hot and Cold Shower at Transom
- Vertically Retracting High Aspect Keel/Solid Lead Torpedo, Electrically Operated
- Vertically Retracting High Aspect Rudders (2)
- Bowsprit/Dual HD Anchor Rollers, Extra Strong Laminate & Custom Windlass Receiver & Gasketed Double Chain Lockers
- Auto anchor - 560 Anchor Rode Counter & control Kit - New Nov, 2019
- Deck/Anchor Washdown Mounted on Foredeck
- Anchor 66 lb Delta w/150' 3/8" G4 hi test galvanized chain – all new
- Lighthouse Windlass 1501 - Double Gypsy & Capstan
- ACR EPIRB in Mounted Case
- Lifesling & Rigid Fiberglass Case
- Dinghy Davits (Adjustable Height)
- Extra Set Midship Cleats
- Optional Stainless Steel Andersen Electric Winch Upgrade: Genoa and Jib Primary Winches, Cabintop Electric Halyard Winch and Electric Mainsheet Outhaul/Inhaul Winch
- Mack Mainsail with Battens (Like New) inside a Schaefer In-Boom Furling system
- Mack Jib (Like New) on Furlex Jib Furler with Harken Electric motor
- Mack Code Zero Gennaker - Top-Down Continuous Line Furler
- Spreader Lights - All 4 Spreaders All New 2019
The Seaward 46 comes equipped with twin Yanmar 53HP diesel engines, each equipped with Gori folding propellers and Shark line cutters. Engine hours: less than 100 hours on each engine
Owner's personal gear and tools do not convey. A dingy and outboard are not included in the sale, but are negotiable.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
S&J Yachts are cruising yacht specialists with offices from Maine to Florida. With more than 40 years’ experience in the marine industry, covering on-water instruction, sales, marketing, manufacturing and project management, let Bill Bolin share his experience and in-depth knowledge of boating with you. Call him in Florida at (727) 743-3100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make an appointment to see this yacht. Member of YBAA and IYBA, licensed and bonded.