44' Island Packet 440 2006
TURNKEY - LOW HOURS - WELL EQUIPPED & RIGIDLY MAINTAINED
SIBONEY is on just her third owner and all three have maintained this yacht particularly well. With loads of great cruising equipment already on board, with a few tweaks you'll be able to sail anywhere.
The Island Packet 440 model replaced the very popular IP420 with several improvements to make it even better. A bigger and faster version of the 420, the IP440 has a larger swim platform, solid teak and oak cabin soles, solid acrylic countertops throughout, a forward facing nav station, larger fuel, water and holding tanks, and better performance with a longer waterline and more sail area.
The Island Packet 440 is an updated and tweaked 420 with a still further improved floor plan, more elbow room, larger cockpit and swim platform. She is luxurious, comfortable and sea-kindly.
The Saloon features facing settees that have storage below and behind as well as a combination of cabinets and shelves above.. The Starboard side settee converts to a full berth and the port side is long enough for entertaining and napping. The cleverly designed IP dining table stores up against the bulkhead when not in use converting from a dining area to a great living/entertaining area. A large cedar-lined hanging locker is forward to port. A flat screen TV with cable connections is located on the forward bulkhead to starboard. The Saloon is also well ventilated by a large opening hatch, 4 opening ports and two dorades. All have screens and shades. A Weems and Plath clock and barometer is mounted on the main bulkhead to port.
The starboard Nav Station is forward facing and it's large desk with inlaid Island Packet logo has a storage tray underneath the lid. The whole desk hinges up and away for maintenance to the genset, located under the large nav seat, comfortable enough for two people to discuss their next destination. The 110V and 12V Electric Panel is outboard from the Nav Desk with a repeater, VHF radios and stereo all within easy reach.
Aft is the large "U" shaped Galley with generous counter space and storage for any food prep job. With solid acrylic countertops, Force 10 3-burner stove/oven, microwave (new 2019), top loading refrigerator and freezer, pull-out trash bin and drawers and bins for dinnerware and cutlery. Two (2) 12v fans, an overhead hatch and an opening port provide plenty of ventialtion for the chef(s).
The Owner's Stateroom is forward with an Ensuite Head at the bow. The Head has a separate walk-in shower with a bifold glass door, solid acrylic countertop and sink and features a Vacu-Flush electric commode. Storage abounds with a large cabinet under the counter and a beautiful mirrored teak medicine cabinet above, plus two deep drawers across from the commode. An opening port, 12v fan and overhead hatch make the area light and airy.
The Owner's Berth is on the starboard side and is cleverly angled to allow easy access on either side without waking your significant other. (Really nice!!) The hinged foot of the berth rises for linen storage and there is a drawer by the head entry utilizing every available inch of space. On the port side of the cabin's entry is a large cedar-lined hanging locker and a dressing seat and on Starboard is another cabinet for still more personal gear. A large, flat screen TV is on the aft bulkhead. Three opening hatches, 4 opening ports and lots of ceiling and reading lights (all with shades and screens) plus a 12V fan and a Dorade vent keep this area comfortable no matter what the weather.
The Aft Day/Guest Head is across on port and also features a VacuFlush commode, sink and separate shower area. It has an entry from the saloon and another from the aft cabin. There is plenty of ventillation from an overhead hatch, opening port and 12v fan. There is a nice teak mirror and tumbler/cup holder.
You enter the Guest Cabin just aft of the Head from the main saloon. A hanging locker and bureau storage are just inside with plenty of floor space for dressing. The berth also has linen storage under. Two (2) opening ports and an overhead hatch, plus a 12v fan, together with overhead and cabinside reading lights make the cabin functional and comfortable.
The Engine Compartment is under the companionway with access doors on either side and in front of the engine. You have total access to the drive train under the aft cabin's cushions.
- Ocean Air Shades & Screens for all Opening Hatches
- Peek a Boo Shades and Screens for all Opening Ports
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water including fresh-water Cockpit Shower
- 2-16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioners
- Ultraleather Cream-colored Saloon Upholstery
- VacuFlush Commodes in both Heads
- Custom Mattress toppers in Owner's Stateroom
The Island Packet 440 has both a 110V Shorepower System with two 30 amp inlets (and a 50 amp splitter) and a large 12V Ship's System complimented by a genset and a high output alternator.
- 8KW MasPower Generator (575 hours)
- Balmar 100 Amp High Output Alternator w/Voltage Regulator
- Charles 5000 Series 60 Amp Battery Charger
- 5- West Marine AGM 100 amp hour house bank
- Dedicated engine and genset start batteries
- Xantrex 1800 Watt Inverter (new 2017)
- Xantrex Battery Monitor
- 2 - 50' 30-amp Shorepower Cords w/50 amp splitter
- 12v outlet in nav station
- Raymarine Quantum Radar, mounted on cockpit arch w/self leveling mount (new Oct 2017)
- Raymarine Axiom 125 Chartplotter with radar and AID overlays at helm pod; RS150 GNSS receiver (new Oct 2017)
- Raymarine i70s display heads: three in pod over companionway( set up as Speed, Depth & Wind) plus one at nav station set up as a repeater (new Oct 2017)
- Raymarine Evolution Autopilot w/p70 Controller in cockpit (new Oct 2017)
- Standard Horizon Quantum GY550S VHF Radio w/AIS & DSC; includes RAM3+ mic in cockpit (new Oct 2017?)
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio at nav station
- Fusion MS-RA70 radio with 4 speakers; Sirius XM SR150 receiver
- Ritchie SP-5 Compass at Helm
The Island Packet 440 is Cutter Rigged with a Hoyt Self Tacking Staysail Boom. She is mast head rigged with a double spreader, in-mast furling, Charleston Spar Rig w/Harken Furling on Staysail and Genoa. "SIBONEY" has a powerful rig with 1131 sq ft of sail area that is infinitely reefable with furling genoa, staysail and in-mast main.
- UK Sailmakers main; Quantum 130% genoa, Quantum staysail
- Cruising aysm chute w/Halyard & Deck Hardware
- Lewmar 2-Speed ST Primaries
- 2 - Lewmar 2-Speed ST Halyard Winches on Mast
- Lewmar 2 Speed ST Mainsail Winch on Coach Roof
- Lewmar 2 Speed ST Staysail Sheet Winch on Coach Roof
- Spare Main Halyard