2010 57' Southerly 57 RS
LUXURIOUS BLUE WATER PERFORMANCE YACHT
BUILT to CROSS OCEANS or SAIL in LESS THAN 4 FEET!
The Southerly 57RS was designed by Ed Dubois and Southerly Yachts design team:
First to be a no compromise, safe, elegant, world cruising yacht that can easily be sailed by two.
Second criteria was to make her a powerful and fast sailing yacht that takes full advantage of the trademark Southerly Swing Keel.
When the keel on this 57ft yacht is fully up she draws only 3 foot 6 inches and can go places you can only imagine! When fully extended the foil shaped keel reaches a depth of 10 feet 9 inches! Giving you a pointing ability that other cruising yachts can only dream of. In moderate air, sailing at 30% to the wind is what you can expect!
If you wish, all points of sail can be enhanced at the push of a button, tuning the keel depth to achieve maximum performance. To enhance performance even further “Tristan B” has a carbon rig, rod rigging, hydraulic bowsprit and a very high quality sail inventory. All sail handling is push button!
The interior of “Tristan B” is beautifully finished in high quality Teak and Very Well Appointed. The raised salon provides panoramic views that the owner and guests can enjoy while dining or sailing. The navigation area is also raised to provide an excellent line of sight from inside the yacht. Further, the very complete electronics suite includes remote auto pilot and full engine controls for those long cold delivery nights.
The following listing and pictures will provide you with an overall impression of this yacht. However the only way you can fully appreciate the beauty and quality of “Tristan B” is to spend some time aboard.
Please contact us now to set an appointment to see this very fine yacht!
In 2011 SAIL Magazine awarded the Southerly 57 as the Best Boat Winner for flagship monohulls. Following is an excerpt from their announcement.
"One day you might be power-reaching across an ocean, logging double-digit speeds under a massive A-sail set on a retracting bowsprit. On another day you may be tacking effortlessly up a narrow channel, putting the helm over and watching the self-tacking jib slam across its track, enjoying the windward bite and responsive steering of a deep-drafted performance cruiser. Or you may have nosed up to a beach, the boat sitting upright on the hard sand as the tide recedes, your children playing in the shadow of the sleek hull.
If you own a Southerly 57RS all this and more is possible, which is why we had no hesitation in singling this boat out from a strong group of contenders. Designed by Ed Dubois and built in Britain by Northshore Yachts, the 57RS is the flagship of a line of strong, seaworthy and well-crafted variable-draft sailboats. It is a bluewater-capable cruiser with a difference."
The overall feeling as you enter "Tristan B" is one of openness, light and elegance. The warm teak interior is accented with high end soft goods, finishes and stainless accents. Although you are inside the yacht, your horizons are expanded with large deck salon windows - allowing you to enjoy views normally only available while on deck!
This yacht has a 3 cabin layout with a spacious aft master stateroom. Forward is a large guest stateroom and a mid-ships cabin providing excellent accommodations for guest and crew.
The large expansive salon is raised so that you have panoramic views while dining or while you are sailing. On the portside is a dining area. The table has 2 folding leaves and can also be lowered to provide an additional berth. To starboard there are two comfortable chairs that are also raised with a cocktail table in between. Inside the table is storage.
Overhead there are many opening hatches and a center skylight providing a view of sails and the evening stars. The forward facing and side windows give the salon a very light and open feeling. All the windows have concertina blinds. The blinds on the three forward windows are remotely controlled.
Just aft of the dining area, on the port side is the navigation station which is also raised allowing one a line of site while within the yacht. More on this in the "Nav" section.
Forward and to port of the main salon is the galley. The forward salon seating has an open backseat into the dining area so the cook never feels separate of the guests. This is a true Chefs Galley! More details on this in the "Galley" section below.
Just across from the galley is a seating area with a desk, storage and a cabinet for glassware. The galley and the Nook combine to make a second gathering area separate yet adjoining the salon, expanding the feeling of space and encouraging conversation.
The large owner’s stateroom is aft of the salon and entered from the starboard side. There is a centerline queen berth with a night stand on either side. To port there is a full size settee with back cushions. The feeling of space in the owner’s cabin is enhanced by viewing ports to starboard and to port. There are also several opening ports and a large overhead hatch over the berth. There are many storage cabinets, shelving, hanging lockers and drawers. Just forward of the settee is a vanity with mirror and seating. Opposite the berth is a flat screen TV.
There is an ensuite head with Corian counters and a large separate shower with a teak seat. There is an elegant stainless and glass shower door separating it from the head. There is excellent storage and light in this area.
Guest Cabin 1
The larger of the two guest cabins is forward and has a centerline berth and seating on either side. There are viewing ports to port and to stbd as well as a large hatch overhead. For entertainment there is a flat screen TV w/DVD mounted on the aft bulkhead. There is a hanging locker, 2 large drawers under the berth and some cabinets for storage. A private entrance into the guest head is aft and to port. This is a very comfortable cabin for guests.
Guest Cabin 2
Forward of the nook and to starboard is the second guest or captain’s cabin. This is a nice sized cabin with full sized over and under single berths and a seat. There is drawer and hanging storage and proper room to move about.
Forward of the galley and across from the 2nd guest cabin is the entrance to the forward head. This head is shared with the forward cabin. Corian counters, mirrored cabinet doors and a separate shower with an elegant stainless and glass door are just some of her features.
Following are some of Tristan B's interior features and equipment:
- 4 zone Reverse cycle air conditioning 46,000 BTU
- Hot air heating system with 6 outlets
- Concertina blinds fitted in raised coach roof area
- Remote control operation of front window blinds
- Rollershade screens and blinds to all hatches
- Teak & Holly flooring
- LED Interior lighting
- 26" HD TV mounted in salon w/built in Blu-Ray DVD
- 26" HD TV flush mounted in master stateroom (TV connected to Furuno system)
- 22" LED TV w/DVD in guest stateroom forward
- Polyplanar MRD80 CD/MP3/WMA play in guest stateroom
- Glomex TV antenna at mast head
- Cedar lined hanging lockers w/automatic wardrobe lighting
- Tecma electric toilets
- Holding tank system
- Extractor/Fan blower fitted in heads with 2 way switch
- Washer/Dryer (located in the galley)
- Watermaker - 95 liters/hr
The large galley is forward of the salon in a lower position for comfort at sea. The galley has a large working area, yet is shaped to provide safety. The partially open back to the salon seating allows the chef to still partake with his or her guests.
This is a true Chefs Galley! All stainless steel appliances, an over and under home-size refrigerator and freezer – glass door stainless steel wine cooler – a four burner stove with oven – a Microwave – a Splendide washer/dryer and the finest Miele espresso/coffee maker we have seen on a yacht! The extensive counter surfaces are Corian.
As you can see in some of the pictures, there is an abundance of storage lockers and cupboards for food and supplies. All doors and drawer are self soft closing. Of course, the water maker controls are discreetly but conveniently located in the galley as well.
More details follows:
- Front loading stainless steel refrigerator
- Front loading freezer, drawer units
- Frigoboat 18 bottle wine cooler
- Keel cooled refrigeration/freezer units
- 4 burner stove w/oven
- Miele coffee/espresso machine built-in
- SS sinks with fitted chopping board
- LPG gas & carbon monoxide detection
- Aquafilta water filter
The nav area is conveniently situated at the base of the companionway on the port side. This area is raised allowing one a line of site while within the yacht. A large comfortable swiveling helm seat with fold down arm rests locks you in place. In addition to the very complete electronics suite at the Nav station, "Tristan B" has full engine controls & an autopilot at the Nav allowing you to drive from within this yacht.
- Both port & stbd helms have the following: B&G chartplotter, B&G H3000 multi, B&G autopilot, wind direction, bow and stern thruster controls and engine control
- Additional engine control at the nav
- B&G H3000 Sail Pack (approx. $40,000 value)
- Comar AIS Class B receiver and transponder
- Furuno Navnet 3D system (w/2 12" color multi function displays, 24" radar digital scanner, GPS antenna, Ethernet hub, VGA output to TV in master cabin)
- Built in digital PC w/built in 15" framed monitor fitted at nav. Integrated w/Furuno system
- Icom M801E SSB, insulated backstay and ground plate
- SSB connected to digital PC & integrated w/ Weatherfax software
- Pactor modem connected to digital PC and SSB
- Wi-Fi amplifier antenna
- Lewmar autopilot w/24v Mamba drive
- Ray 218 VHF
- RayMic external handset and speaker at helm
- Lopo LED nav lights
The Southerly 57 is primarily designed for easy handling, and can be sailed by just 2 people. The tall powerful rig with swept back spreaders will keep the yacht sailing fast, with minimum effort. The double head sail is suitable for most wind conditions; the self-tacking jib allows you to sail easily on short tacks without any effort - ideal for coastal cruising. The overlapping genoa enhances upwind performance in light airs and together, the double headsail is perfect for downwind trade wind sailing.
- Selden triple spreader Carbon fiber mast w/clearcote finish
- Double headsail rig
- Electric in-boom furling mainsail, fully battened
- Push button controls for the main (furl and unfurl) are at the port helm
- Nitronic 50 rod standing rigging
- Powered Genoa furling headstay
- Powered Jib furling inner stay
- Selden Carbon fiber retractable bowsprit. Hydraulically extends w/control at Navtec system in cockpit
- Upgraded sails – North Marathon mainsail, North soft Norlam XP, Jib and Genoa
- A3 Asymmetric
- A4 Asymmetric
- Snuffer & sock
- Lewmar 48 powered halyard winches port and starboard
- Lewmar 54 powered main sheet winch and jib sheet winch
- Lewmar 68 powered (2 speed) Genoa sheet winches
- Hydraulic boom vang and backstay w/Navtec
- Additional masthead spinnaker halyard
- Standalone manual hydraulic mast jack system to enable Carbon rig tuning, stepping and unstepping of mast
- VW 140hp diesel
- Mathers electronic gear controls at both helm stations & the nav
- Aqua Drive unit
- Max prop w/3 feathering blades
- Mastervolt Generator Whisper 10 Ultra 9.4Kw
- Solar Panels conveniently placed on coachroof
- Can bus distribution system 24v 400 Ah
- Mastervolt shorepower 110v / 220v 3.5Kw transformer
- Mastervolt 24 / 12v dc converter
- AGM batteries: Service 900Ah, Engine 200Ah, Generator
- Dedicated 12v battery system
- MASS Combi inverter charger unit 24/4000 120A
- Additional shore supply with changeover switch
- Duplex Racor fuel filter system
The hull is characterised by a long waterline, fine entry and beam carried aft to ensure the highest degree of performance, comfort, stability and safety. The beautifully sleek stylish lines of the raised pilot house coachroof exudes sophistication and elegance, normally only seen on much larger yachts. The large fold down transom door gives access to a large stowage area, ideal for a dinghy or diving equipment. When the door is lowered it makes a great bathing platform and provides good access for boarding.
The Swing Keel is an essential feature on a yacht of this size. While the deep draft of 10' 9" provides excellent windward performance, stability and good sail carrying capabilities, the extra depth is restrictive in marinas and around shorelines, etc. At the 'touch of a button' the keel can be raised to give a shallow draft of only 3' 6" - perfect for coastlines, low tides and those shallow waters that most all other sailboats cannot get into.
The aft cockpit is extremely spacious, yet secure with comfortable seating and a large cockpit table for entertaining guests in style. For convenience there is a refrigerated box in the table. A glass windscreen provides great visibility and extra protection from the elements. Covering the cockpit is a grand bimini creating a real outdoor room.
The twin wheels allows the helmsman to enjoy the powerful performance of the yacht, with dedicated areas for sail controls and sailing short handed. Further seating aft allows for guests to relax in comfort, while enjoying all round views.
Additional features, equipment:
- Bow & Stern Thrusters (Great for parallel parking!)
- Lewmar Windlass V4 with deck and helm switches
- Carbon composite rudders
- 8 Nomen folding cleats
- SS lifelines
- Dodger easily stows away w/cover
- Large bimini with aft extension for privacy and additional shade
- Full cockpit enclosure w/screens
- Cockpit cushions with seat backs
- Large Teak cockpit table with folding leaves and SS safety railing
- Low level LED cockpit lighting
- Cockpit down lighting and light fitted underside of boom
- Spreader lights in underside of lower spreaders
- Double teak seats to pushpit fitted port and starboard
- Hydraulic Transom door opens to large storage garage and swim platform
- Deck shower, hot & cold fitted in lazarette for use on bathing platform
- Deck wash pump w/outlet at bow and at stern
- Copper coating on hull and keel
- Flo coat white inside of hull
- Canvas covers for helm stations, cockpit table
- Ocean canister life raft - mounted on stern pushpit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
S&J Yachts have been the U.S. Dealers for Southerly Yachts for 9 years. We know these yachts well. For more information on Southerly Yachts and on our company visit our website www.SJYACHTS.com .
I am available on my cell phone 410 971-1071 to answer any questions you may have or if you wish to schedule an appointment. Jack Malatich
- BuilderNorthshore Yachts
- Model57 RS
- Model Year2010
- DesignerDubois Naval Architects
- LOA58.17 ft
- Beam17.08 ft
- Minimum Draft3.5 ft
- Engines Total Power140 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandVW TDi
- Engine Model140-5BW
- Engine Power140|horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks228|gallon
- Fuel Tanks309|gallon
- Holding Tanks105|gallon