42' Island Packet 420 2002
Beautiful!! - ABSOLUTELY BEST 420 AVAILABLE - Super Condition (HONEST!) - Well Maintained by Most Exacting Owners - All Furling - Gen - Heat Pump - Radar/Chart Plotter/GPS - New Canvas - Always Winter Protected - Plus SO VERY MUCH MORE!!!!! -
This is a fantastic cruiser that is loaded with style, strength, comfort and performance. She will please whether daysailing or cruising. Two heads, two staterooms and a large main saloon with IP’s bulkhead stored table make the 420 a luxurious, comfortable yacht. With a spade rudder, cutter rig, bow thruster, anchor windlass and furling main, staysail and genoa, she is easily handled in all conditions. Her improved hull, keel and sail plan give the 420 amazing cruising performance..
Panasea will be fully commissioned tor 2019 including bottom paint, hull waxing, sails inspected/cleaned as well as annual engine and generator maintenance.
USCG Complimentary Saftey Inspecion May.2017
The Master Stateroom is forward with its ensuite Head at the bow. A separate shower stall is on starboard with the commode and sink across on port. The Head is well ventillated with 2 opening ports and an opening hatch. There is an access door to the anchor locker in the forward bulkhead, and the thruster motor is accessed under the shower seat
The Master Stateroom follows aft with large Pullman Double Berth on starboard and angled away from the hull side so that you do not need to climb over your sleeping partner to get out of the berth. The foot of the berth lifts for blanket and sheet storage and has 2 additional drawers under . There is a cabinet with 5 shelves on starboard while on the port hull side there is a large hanging locker and a bureau.. There are 2 opening ports plus 2 opening hatches for wonderful ventilation.
The Saloon follows aft with facing settees and a bulkhead mounted table on starboard. With the table stored up against the bulkhead, the saloon becomes a very spacious living, relaxing and entertaining space. The settee under the table pulls out to make double berth. There is tremendous storage under & behiind both settees. Still more storage above in cabinets and shelves along the hull sides.
The big, hull facing Nav Station is on starboard aft of saloon with a large desk and an electric swing out chair. The Electrical Panel, Radios, Monitors & Repeaters are all within easy reach. There is a chart holder under the desk.
The well large, well designed "U" shaped Galley follows aft on starboard. There are 6 opening ports and 2 opening hatches in the Saloon/Nav/Galley area. Again, every inch is used for storage and work space. Plus you get double sinks, separate Frigoboat refrig and freezer (with temp monitors and custom insulated covers for each), 3-burner propane stove/oven as well as nifty dinnerware and dry storage areas. A nice custom drop-down table provides still more space for serving or stacking dirty dishes. Last but not least,: there is a real pull-out full sized trash can.
Across on Port from the Galley and Nav Station is the comfortable Aft Head with privacy doors to both the main saloon and the aft cabin . An opening port and hatch keep the air moving.
The Companionway separates the Galley and Head. The well insulated engine area is under the companionway steps. The entire engine and drive train are very easy to get to with side doors, removable stairs/cover and easy-to-move cushions in the aft cabin. The fuel filter and fuel pump are mounted on the starboard engine compartment door for instant access
The Aft Cabin lies athwartship with a very large double berth and room to stand and dress at the entrance. A hanging locker, bureau and additional storage under the berth provides your guests with room for their gear.. An opening hatch and 2 opening ports provide great ventilation as well.
The Cockpit is large and comfortable for sailing, relaxing and entertaining. There are stern rail seats for a perfect view. A swim ladder that drops down to the sugar scoop swim platform makes getting into Anywhere from a dinghy safe and easy.
- NEW 2014 Holding Tank Replaced
- Two Zone Reverse Cycle (16000 & 7000 BTU) Heat Pump Air Conditioners
- 7 Hella 12Volt Fans
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water System with 110 Volt, 11 Gallon Hot Water Heater and Engine Heat Exchanger
- Water Purifier on Galley H/C Faucett
- Water Filter on Galley Faucet
- Manual Cold Water Pump in Galley
- Frigoboat Alaskan Keel Cooled Refrigeration and Freezer with Crossover Fan
- Princess 3-Burner Gimballed Propane Stove/Oven
- Origo Microwave Oven
- Port Screens Throughout
- Glebe Creek Teak Hatch Screens
- Ocean Air Pull-out Hatch Shades
- Zarcor Synthetic Cafe Doors with Screen Inserts
- Marine Tech Propane Snifter & Carbon Monoxide Indicator
- Island Packet Carpet Package (not currently used)
The Island Packet 420 is equipped with a 12 volt Ship's and 2 - 120 volt Shorepower Electrical Systems w/one dedicated to the AC/Heat Pump System.
All Electrical Manuals are on board.
- IP Electrical Cruising Upgrade: 2-Separate Battery banks with a momemtary switch on the engine panel for emergency engine starting from the house bank - Charles 5000 Series 40 Amp Temp Sensitive Battery Charger, Balmar 100 Amp High Output Alternator
- On/Off Switches segregating engine and generator starting
- Fischer Panda 4KW Diesel Generator
- 3 - Solar Panels (250 Watts) Mounted over Bimini w/Blue Sky Controller
- House Bank: 6 AGM Group 27 Batteries
- Engine Start: 1 AGM Group 27
- 3 - 12 Volt Charging Outlets (Owner's Cabin, Cockpit & Helm)
- 2 Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Units 7000 & 12000 BTUs
- Galvanic Transformer on each 110 Volt Circuit located in Starboard Lazarette
- 12V LED Reading Lights
- 2 - 50' Shorepower Cords
- 2 - 30' Shorepower Cords
- Xantrex 2000 Watt Inverter
- Blue Seas Battery Monitor
- 4 - 12 Volt Outlets
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Raymarine ST60 Wind Instrument, Knotmeter & Depthfinder
- ST6001 Auto Pilot with
- Raymarine Radome Mounted on Mast
- Raytheon RL70C Radar/Chartplotter/GPS Display at Nav Station
- Raytheon RL80C Radar/Chartplotter/GPS Display at Helm
- Paper Charts for Entire ME-FL East Coast & Caribbean
- Davis Windex at Mast Head
- Raytheon Remote VHF Radio
- Weems & Plath Clock, Ship's Bell and Oil Lamp
- Clarion AM/FM/CD Stereo Player with 4 Cabin and 2 Cockpit Speakers
- 6 Disc CD Changer
- Flat Screen HDTV in Saloon
- Triax Amplified TV Antenna at Mast Head
- All Equipment Manuals on board
"Panasea" is a high aspect, keel stepped, double spreader Cutter with a Charleston Spars Mainsail Roller Furling, a Hoyt Self-Tacking Staysail Boom There is a Spare Main Halyard led to Cockpit. The rig was tuned in 2009 and inspected in 2011 with no issues found.
- Charleston Spars Furling Mast
- Quantum Furling Mainsail
- Additional Mainsail Halyard
- Genaker Halyard
- Garhauer Solid Boom Vang
- Harken Headsail Furling System on both Genoa and Staysail
- North 130% Genoa
- Quantum 110% Genoa
- Quantum Staysail on self-tacking Hoyt Boom
- Rigged for Cruising Spinnaker
- Mast Mounted Whisker Pole
- Cockpit Coaming Line Storage Bins
- 2 - Anderson 52, 2-Speed Electric Primaries
- 2 - Lewmar 16ST 2 Speed Secondaries
- 2 - Lewmar 44ST 2 Speed Main Halyard, Sheet & Furling Winches on Coach Roof
- 1 - Lewmar 8ST 2 Speed Staysail Sheet Winch on Coach Roof
- 2 - Lewmar 24 2 Speed Halyard Winches on Mast
- 1 - Lewmar 8 2 Speed Staysail Halyard Winch on Mast
- 4 - Spinlock Rope Clutches on Coach Roof for Mainsail Furling, Sheet & Spare Halyard
- Boom Vang
- Traveler on Coach Roof w/lines led to cockpit