1986 27' Island Packet 27 CB Cutter
CLASSIC CUTTER - READY TO GO with CONFIDENCE - SHOWS WELL - GOOD UPGRADES
"Southern Girl", an Island Packet 27 is a BIG pocket cruiser with a lot of living space, elbow room and storage. Much more than you would expect in a 27. She will take you just about anywhere you will want to go and take you there safely in comfort with surprising turn of speed. The 27 is the perfect family cruiser with room to sleep 6. She has a nice sized head with hot/cold pressure water, complete galley, and a table that when not needed stowes on the bulkhead. Her cockpit is huge with room to sail, entertain or snooze. And, Island Packets hold their value so well. She is well equipped including AC and ready to getaway.
- Model27 CB Cutter
- Model Year1986
- LOA30 ft
- Beam10.5 ft
- Minimum Draft2.67 ft
- Engines Total Power15 hp
- Number of Engines1
- Engine BrandYanmar
- Engine Model2GM20F
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power15 horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel
- Fresh Water Tanks30 gallon
- Fuel Tanks19 gallon
- Holding Tanks10 gallon
The IP 27 has a comfortable layout with one private cabin and an open quarterberth, a nice sized saloon with a convertible settee, a nav desk and galley.. She can easily sleep 6.
Beginning at the bow, there is a comfortable Vee Berth with a large opening hatch. Aft of which on starboard is the roomy Head with commode, sink, shower, wet locker, and an opening port. Across on port from the head is a nice storage locker. Continuing aft is the Main Saloon with a cleverly designed bulkhead hung table on Starboard that is out of the way when not needed making the Saloon seem so much larger than on most boats. The starboard settee converts to form a double berth. The settee on port is long enough to allow an adult to sleep. The "L" shaped Galley is aft of the saloon on port with sink, ice box, and two burner propane stove. A drop down extension to the counter provides great work space. The open Quarterberth is on starboard and is large enough for some couples to sleep comfortably. There is an Engine Access Panel that makes checking the oil very easy. The on center Companionway rises over the Engine Compartment and divides the Galley and the Quarterberth entrance. There is an engine access door under the steps. Finally, the Cockpit is long enough to accomodate your sailing crew, your guests and has the room for napping. There is a large engine access hatch in the cockpit sole that uncovers the entire engine and most of the mechanicals. The IP27 is a very comfortable and safe pocket cruiser that seems much larger than 27' implies.
- Air Conditioning Heat Pump with Digital Thermostat
- The Holding and Water tanks were replaced with Rotomolded Polyethylene and each tank has an inspection port.
- Screens for all Ports and Hatches
- Interior Cushions Replaced '12
- Custom Quarterberth Cushion to allow for easier Engine Access
- Teak and Holly Sole
- Force Ten 2-Burner Propane Stove Top
The Island Packets have both a 12V Ship and 120V Shorepower systems each with its own Distribution Panels.
- SmartPlug 30-amp 125 Volt Shorepower Cord Connection '16
- 50' Shorepower Cord
- 125' Shorepower Cord
- Shorepower 20 Amp and 50 Amp Adapters
- 2 - Group 27 AGM House Batteries '13
- Group 27 AGM Engine Start Battery with Blue Sea Systems e-Series Battery Switch and Chargine Relay '16
- Balmar Smart Gauge Battery Monitor '16
- Masthead Anchor/Navigation LED Light '12
- Spreader mounted Deck LED Lights '12
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Weems & Plath Individual Clock and Barometer
- Davis Windex at Mast Head
- Raymarine ST-60 Tri-Data (Knotmeter & Depthsounder plus water temperature) '06
- Raymarine ST-60 Wind Instruments '06
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch e7 Chartplotter/GPS '13 (Charts are Current)
- Smart Radio AIS Receiver Integrated with Chartplotter '13
- Raymarine Smart Wheel Pilot with rudder sensor, fluxgate and gyro compass '06 - Reconditioned '15
- ICOM IC-M502 VHF Radio w/DSC below & Command Cockpit MIC '04
- Sony DCX-M30 CD Player, FM Receiver with Cabin and Cockpit Speakers and wired for Sirius XM (Reciver not Included)
- "Southern Girl" has a single spreader, high-aspect ratio, mast head cutter rig.
- Quantum Crosscut Mainsail with Woven Polyester w/Partial Battens '06 - Reconditioned '16
- Mainsail Halyard Led Aft to Cockpit
- Quantum 135% Genoa with Tri-Radial Polyester Composite with Foam Luff '06 - Reconditioned '16
- Original Staysail
- Dutchman Mainsail Flaking System '08 New Monofilament '16
- Port & Starboard Outboard Fairlead Blocks
- Most Running Rigging Replaced '06
- Traveler Upgraded: Added Cam Cleats w/Lines Led to Cockpit
- Boom Vang
- Whisker Pole
- Lewmar 16-ST - 2Speed Primary Winches
- Barient 10-ST on Coach Roof: Mainsail Halyard and Mainsheet Winch
- 2 Spinlock Rope Clutches on Coach Roof for Mainsail Halyard and Sheet
- 2 - Lewmar 7 Mast Winches for Genoa and Staysail Halyards
Island Packets feature a solid, one piece tri-axial glass hull with integral full-foil keel and bow sprit, a spade rudder and a synthetically cored deck. They use a very effective "diamond" non-skid deck surface and their hull and deck are an easy-on-the-eyes cream color.
- Southern Girl has the Optional Keel/Centerboard with a min 2'-8" and max 6'-0" draft. Pennant Replaced '12
- Bruce 16.5# Claw Anchor w/Chain & 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Fortress FX-16 Anchor w/Chain & 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Sternrail Seats with Drinkholders
- Cockpit Cushions
- Lifelines replaced '08
- Canvas Wheel/Binnacal Cover '06
- Dodger and Bimini Replaced '08
- Custom Full Winter Cover with Sandbags '07
- Dock Lines and Fenders and Boat Hook
- Edson Outboard Motor Stern Rail Bracket
- USCG Safety Package
- Life Sling MOB System with NEW Bag '15
- Engine Compartment Clean-Agent Fire Extinguisher '12
- NOTE: The problematic aluminum Holding and Water tanks were replaced with Rotomolded Polyethylene and each tank has an inspection port.
Island Packet 27s are powered by a fresh water cooled Yanmar 2GM20F that develops 18HP. The diesel was rebuilt in 2011.
- Exhaust Elbow Replaced '05
- Oil & Fuel Filters are replaced every year
- Electric Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump mounted in Cockpit
- Fresh Water and Waste Tanks Replace with Rotomoulded Polyethylene tanks with Inspection Ports '10
- Seagull IV X1F Water Filter '12
- Sensa Tank Digital Gauge '10
- Head Faucet '07
- Cockpit Shower
- Electric Hot Water Heater Replaced '12
- Water Pressure Pump Replaced '08
- Raritan Commode Rebuilt '10
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
I have a lifetime of boating, fishing, waterskiing, cruising and racing experience as well as 25 years of selling all kinds of power and sail boats. I will guide you effortlessly through the purchase process from the showings to the offers through the counters, survey, acceptance and settlement. I will make your boat buying experience easy and fun, and guarantee that you will get the boat best suited for your needs, plans and monies. And, I will be there after the sale to help you with every aspect of your boating experience.
Please, don't forget, I am always looking for good, quality sail and power boat listings. With real Yacht World Sold Boat comparables, a quarter century of marketing and sales experience, as well as a standing list of Buyers I have the selling know-how to move your boat in this tough economy with a simple goal of getting you the most monies in the shortest time. Call me to discuss your current boat and how we can maximize its sale.