1965 Hinckley 40' (12.19 m) 40 Bermuda
San Diego, California, United States
Flag of Registry: United States
- Yawl / Antique and Classics
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: 1142
- Stock #: C-BRA6031-BO
|Black Hull LP'd|
|Varnished Teak Rails and Trim|
|Veteran Cruiser International Waters|
|Date Listed: 02/22/2022|
This classic 1965 Hinckley 40-Bermuda Sailboat, WHIRLWIND features a yawl design, black hull, LP’d, has varnished teak rails and trim, a great layout, is a capable cruiser from Southern California, to the East Coast, to the Panama Canal, to the South Pacific! This is a “Bermuda 40” hand molded reinforced fiberglass hull, round bilge, full keel (with centerboard), a flush deck, trunk cabin, diesel auxiliary yawl. This classic Yawl has received excellent care and maintenance over her years and it shows in the exterior finish kept polished, the interior is cozy and well laid out; with a V-berth and convertible salon, WHIRLWIND can accommodate 6.
Contact us today to see her in person!
S&J Yachts is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Galati Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Official Number: 500832
Stock #: C-BRA6031-BO
LOA: 40' 9'' (12.42 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 11' 9''
Draft Max: 8' 7''
Draft Min: 4' 1''
V Berths: 1
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Hull Shape: Displacement
Fuel Tank: 70 Gallons (264.98 Liters)
Fresh Water: 110 Gallons (416.4 Liters)
Displacement: 19000 lbs
Designer: William Tripp
Builder: Henry R. Hinkley Co.
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Westerbeke
- Engine Model: Four-107
- Engine Year: 1973/2013
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Drive Type: Direct
- Power HP: 50.00
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hand molded fiberglass reinforced plastic hull.
- Resin and tabbing Fastening
- Partial transverse bulkheads.
- Main Deck Hand molded fiberglass reinforced plastic
- Moulded spade Rudder hung on trailing keel in shoe bearing.
- Main engine: Westerbeke Four-107
- Built: 1973, Rebuilt 2012/13
- Type: Diesel. Marine high speed. Reverse reduction gear.
- Location: Beneath cockpit.
- HP: 50 RPM: 3000
- Exhaust cooling: Water jacket manifold, lagged riser, wet to stern discharge.
- Propeller: 16 RH 11 three blade bronze.
- Shafting: Stainless
- Steering gear: Wheel, wire ropes to quadrant.
- Generators: 2) Alternators. Output 12-volts, fractional KW.
- Newer seacocks.
- Wiring: Upgraded Marine, stranded, plastic insulated and loomed.
- Batteries: Two 12-volt wet type.
- Location of switchboard: 12 VDC and 120 VAC 30 amp master breaker panel and master source selection and battery switches in house. Battery charger. Cathodic bonding system with independent propeller shaft anodes.
- Spars: Aluminum masts and wood booms.
- Standing Rig: Stainless steel with bronze turnbuckles. #7 main lowers, #8 uppers and #5 mizzen.
- Sails: Dacron main, mizzen and roller jib.
- Sheet winches: High quality stainless. Barient and South Coast.
Pumps and Auxiliaries
- Electric: (2) auto / manual bilge pumps, fresh water pump, shower sump pump,
- Manual: Bilge pump and fresh water pump.
Radio and Electronics
- Radio: iCom IC-M56 VHF
- Positioning: RAYNAV 580 Loran/Plotter
- Compass: Magnetic
- Depth/Speed: Data Marine digital
- Fuel total capacity: reports approximately 70 USG
- Material: Fiberglass
- Location: In keel section beneath engine.
- Where vented: Atmosphere
- Fills: Flush to deck.
- Feed lines: Copper and neoprene
- Water tanks: 110 USG in (3) manifolded stainless steel tanks.
- Berths: Sleeps up to 6 in V-berth and salon convertibles.
- Galley stove: Shipmate propane oven and 3-burner stove.
- Refrigeration: Vitrifrigo ice tray compressor stainless steel ice box.
- Lavatory: Groco Modle K manual flush.
- Portable: Two 3.5-lb dry chemical 2015
- Fixed System: Halon in engine space.
- Ground tackle: Stainless plow “working” bow anchor with 5/8” nylon rode. Ideal electric anchor capstan.
- Life jackets: Adult PFDs
- Buoyant cushion: Throw rings.
- Navigation: Underway, anchor, deck and cabin lights.
- Stanchions, life lines.
Want more information?
"*" indicates required fields
We are a full-service yacht brokerage for luxury New & Brokerage Yachts, expertly guiding our clients throughout the buying and selling process. Our focus has always been to provide the best possible service to our clients, and whether you’re buying or selling a boat, your interests are our top priority. Our commitment to you is to work hard on your behalf when you’re buying or selling your cruising yacht. Through the years, that commitment has enabled us to make many friends and enjoy the relationships that have developed due to a shared passion for boats. Let us put that commitment and passion to work for you.