1988 Island Packet 27' (8.23 m)
Rock Hall, Maryland, United States
Lots of Updated Equipment including: High Output Alternator, 2000 gph Bilge Pump, Lifelines, 150% Genoa, Staysail, Mainsail Sunbrella Sailpack with LazyJacks, Dodger & Bimini, and much More including all new B&G Instruments as well as Multi Function Display with Custom Retractable Mount.
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: TDL27148I788
BRAND NEW LISTING - VERY NICE IP27 - Lots of Updated Equipment including: High Output Alternator, 2000 gph Bilge Pump, Lifelines, 150% Genoa, Staysail, Mainsail Sunbrella Sailpack with LazyJacks, Dodger & Bimini, and much More including all new B&G Instruments as well as Multi Function Display with Custom Retractable Mount.
Shows very well - No known issues! Ready to take you away!
More Info Coming Soon.
LOA: 30' (9.14 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Beam: 10' 6''
LWL: 24' 3''
Draft Min: 3' 8''
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Fuel Tank: 19 Gallons (71.92 Liters)
Fresh Water: 25 Gallons (94.64 Liters)
Holding Tank: 12 Gallons (45.42 Liters)
Photos click to view all
- Engine Make: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 2GM20F
- Engine Year: 1988
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Power HP: 18.00
- Power KW: 13.42
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Hours: 617.00
There is a comfortable Vee Berth forward with a large opening hatch and Cloth Privacy Curtain. Aft of which on starboard is the roomy Head with commode, sink, shower, wet locker, Teak Towel Ring and Cup/Toothbrush Holder and opening port. Across on port from the head is a hanging locker. Continuing aft is the Main Saloon. There is a cleverly designed bulkhead hung table on Starboard that is out of the way when not needed making the Saloon seem so much larger than most boats. The starboard settee converts to form a double berth. The settee on port is long enough to allow an adult to sleep. The Galley is aft of the saloon on port with sink, ice box, and two burner alcohol stove. There is a drop-down Counter Extension & Teak Paper Towel Holder The Companionway rises over the Engine Compartment with an access door under the steps. It is centered and divides the Galley and the Quarterberth entrance. The Quarterberth is large enough for a couple to sleep comfortably. There is Custom Access to the Yanmar Dip Stick. The "L" shaped Galley is on Port featuring a sink with faucet, Mechanical Pump & Sprayer, 2-burner non-pressure Origo alcohol stove-top plus good counter space and storage. Finally, the Cockpit is long enough to accommodate your sailing crew, your guests and has the room for a lazy afternoon nap. The IP27 is a very comfortable and safe pocket cruiser that seems much larger than 27' implies.
- Beautiful Teak and Holly Sole throughout except fiberglass in Head
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Bronze Reading Lamps
- The Island Packet 27 has both a 12V Ship's Electrical and a 120Volt Shorepower Electrical System
- 50' Shore Power Cord
- High Output Balmar Alternator
- House Batteries
- ProSport 20 Battery Charger
- Group 24 79 AGM Engine Start Battery
- 2 - 12Volt Receptacles
- 120 Receptacles in each Cabin
- 2 - Caframo Electric Fans (Vee & Quarter Berth)
- Marinco Day/Night Solar Vent
Electronics & Navigation Gear
- Ritchie Compass at Helm
- Standard Verizon VHF
- Jensen Stereo
- Barometer in Saloon
- Raymarine Type 1 Rotary Drive Autopilot with Chain, tensioner & custom adjustable aluminum mount
- B&G NAC-2 Autopilot Computer
- B&G Triton 2 Pilot Controller
- B&G Precision 9 Compass
- B&G RF25N Rudder Feedback
- B&G Triton 2 Knot/Depth/Wind Package
- B&G Vulcan 9" Multifunction Display w/Forward Scan Capabilities and Custom mount
- B&G NMEA 2000 Network with Micro-C Connector Backbone
- Lev-O-Gage Sr
Deck & Hull
- Island Packet 27s feature a synthetically cored Deck and solid glass Hull with integral Full Foil Keel and Bow Sprit.
- Roca Plow Anchor with Chain and 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Danforth Spade Anchor with Chain and 3-Strand and Nylon
- All Shrouds and Stay Plates have been Rebedded.
- NOTE: Bottom Paint Refreshed Annually with Interlux BottomKote NT
- Exterior Teak Revarnished 2022
- Magma Grill
- 3 Piece Winter Cover with Storage Bag
- NEW Sunbrella Dodger with Isinglass Windows and Matching Sunbrella Cover
- New Bimini and Connecting Panel with Sighting Window
- Sunbrella Handrail, Binnacle, LifeSling and Winch Covers
- Fenders with Sunbrella Covers
- New Dock Lines
- Custom Sunbrella Companion Way Screen
- Cockpit & Helm Cushions Recovered with Sunbrella
- Custom Cockpit Table
- Companionway Sliding Tracks Replaced
- SS Ports with Screens
- Vee Berth Hatch Screen
- USCG Safety Package including Life Preservers, 2 Fire Extinguishers, Horseshoe Buoy, Air Horn, Flare Kit, plus Jack Lines
- Flag & Staff
- Boat Hook Stored Under Bimini out of the way and Easy to Get To.
Sails & Rigging
The Island Packet 27 is a modern high aspect, single spreader Cutter Rig
- Fully Battened 7.4 oz Mainsail with 2 Reef Points, Custom Sunbrella SailPack /Lazy Jacks and Sail Ties
- 150% Genoa on Furling System
- Self Tacking Staysail
- IP Boom Vang
- New Running Rigging including Main & Genoa Halyards and all Furling Lines
- Lewmar ST16 Primary Winches
- Lewmar 8 Main Halyar/Sheet Winch
- Lewmar 8 Mainsail Reefing Winch
- Lewmar 8 Genoa Halyard Winch on Mast
- Winch Handles
- All Winches Serviced 2021
Engine & Mechanical
- Yanmar 2 Cylinder, Fresh Water Cooled, 18HP Diesel
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Want more information?
"*" indicates required fields
I have been lucky to be near the water all my life. As a kid, I fished and waterskied on Rehoboth Bay, and as a teenager I learned to sail a Sunfish on the Chesapeake off Howell Point. I became a Sea Explorer and was introduced to both sailboat racing and cruising. I later joined the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary teaching sailing in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware. I have raced and cruised and made yacht deliveries up and down the East Coast. My time on the water has always been very important to me.
After college, a stint in the Air Force, a period of public service, bicycle racing and ownership of the Admore Bike Shop, I joined the marine industry in 1988. Initially, I sold Hunters, Catalinas, and Morgans before moving with my wife, Janet, in 1994 to Rock Hall, Maryland, to join Gratitude Yachting Center and then, in 2013, S&J Yachts. I have been selling yachts for a quarter of a century. With these 25 years of experience, I can help you make the very best yacht selection – matching your plans and dreams to your new sail or power yacht.