Island Packet 379
The 379 continues to advance Island Packet’s excellence in design, construction and value. The 379 is the result of decades of Island Packet design refinement and evolution. It combines innovative and proven features with all the exemplary construction qualities that have made Island Packet yachts respected and admired around the world.
The 379 is the result of decades of Island Packet design refinement and evolution. It combines innovative and proven features with all the exemplary construction qualities that have made Island Packet yachts respected and admired around the world.
A host of exclusive design features, including our self tending staysail, geared steering system and time honored Full Foil Keel®, all combine to provide superior seakeeping and delightful sailing qualities that will be appreciated as much by the weekend sailor as by the couple cruising the world.
From the large, comfortable cockpit to the broad anchor platform, there are numerous deck features on the 379 to appreciate. Wide side decks, strategically placed hand rails and recessed foredecks maximize your feeling of confidence and safety on deck.
Below decks the 379 continues Island Packet’s reputation for luxurious comfort. Perfect for an evening retreat or gracious entertaining, the main saloon features our versatile dining table that folds and stows against a bulkhead bottle rack, opening up the area for socializing. To add even more flexibility for entertaining, a smaller removable table with a lift-out post is available for mounting at either side of the saloon. Full length port and starboard seating areas are both comfortable and practical, double as sea berths and the port settee conveniently converts to a double berth. Generous storage is available both under and outboard of the settees and throughout the entire yacht.
One of the more notable features of the 379 is the versatility of the aft cabin. Cleverly configured for great sleeping accommodations, this multi-use area is truly unique due to the desk area, which can be used as a vanity, a navigation station, or a work station. The nav table top lifts to reveal a storage tray and vanity mirror mounted on its underside. A swing-out seat is controlled with the push of a button, while a removable hinged panel in the forward bulkhead opens and joins this area with the saloon when desired.
The open “U-shaped” design of the 379 galley is notable for its generous space and numerous convenience features. The fridge and freezer compartments feature dual Frigoboat® cooling units and individual digital controls. Either compartment may be used for refrigerated or frozen storage by the setting of the controls.
Designed with accommodations for extended cruising, the 379 is one of the only yachts in her class to boast large island berths in both staterooms. With plenty of elbow and headroom, cedar-lined hanging lockers, bureaus, wide shelves and blanket bins under hinged bunk lids, both forward and aft areas easily qualify as master staterooms.
Luxury and comfort have been carefully considered in the head area as well. The separate stall shower features a folding acrylic door and ample storage is provided by the built-in vanity. Doors from both the forward stateroom and the main saloon provide both utility and privacy. Island Packet continues to set the benchmarks for excellence in design, construction and value and the 379 advances this tradition.
- LOA: 37’10”
- LWL: 31’0″
- Beam: 13’1″
- Draft: 4’3”
- Displacement: 23,800 lbs
- Max. Headroom: 6’5”
- Ballast: 8,400 lbs
- Sail Area: 814 sq ft
- Mast Height: 54’3″
- Cabins/Berths: 3/7
- Disp/Length Ratio: 357
- Diesel: 54 hp
- Fuel Capacity: 75 gal
- Water Capacity: 160 gal
- Holding Capacity: 55 gal
- Sail Area/Disp Ratio: 15.7
- Ballast/Disp Ratio: 35%
- Stix: 43
- One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed application system. Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe.
- Fully encapsulated lead ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded structural interior grid unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation.
PolyClad3® hull gel system includes ten year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters.
- Deck laminate features Island Packet Yachts’ exclusive PolyCore®, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials. Includes a 10-year pro-rated limited warranty against deck core degradation or delamination, an industry exclusive.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan premium diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish.
- Sails: in-mast vertically battened roller furling main, roller furling headsail(s) in high modulus Dacron® with white UV sun panels.
- Headsail roller furling systems for both headsails.
- Anodized aluminum mast and booms; wire rigging.
- Cockpit storage bins for sail control lines.
- 10” lock-in chrome winch handle
- Main halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16C, 2-speed winch on mast. Mainsail roller furling control lines led aft to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST, 2-speed winch. Boom vang/preventer. Mainsheet traveler w/4:1 control system led to cockpit. Main sheet and spare main halyard led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar® Ocean Series 30CST 2-speed winch.
- Genoa halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16C, 2-speed winch on mast. Two genoa sheets led to cockpit via adjustable cars on tracks to Lewmar® Ocean Series 44CST, 2-speed winches.
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through stopper to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16C 2-speed winch. Staysail halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 8C winch on mast.
- Headsail furling lines led to cockpit cleats.
- Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch (Lewmar® w/slip resistant surface). Patented SeaSafe® anchor roller(s). Sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge with shutoff valve; divided rode bins with hooks for fenders/lines/gear.
- LPG deck self-draining storage bin with one 10-pound tank (plus room for spare), remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge.
- Mooring cleats, spring line cleats, chocks, flush mount chafe guards, cockpit harness anchors.
- Boarding/swim platform with hide-away swim ladder hot and cold shower.
- Integral stern platform with swim ladder, molded steps plus emergency boarding ladder with pull strap.
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, dual deep seat lockers, helm seat cushion backrest, two 2” cockpit scuppers, four harness padeyes, engine panel adjacent to helm in covered alcove.
- Sliding companionway hatch with seahood, interior latch, and exterior hasp and lock. Knot, depth and wind indicators – Raymarine® ST60 – mounted in seahood instrument pod. Integrally molded dodger mount on cabin top. Solid hardwood drop boards, center drop board with safety glass port and etched logo, board retaining pin, interior storage rack.
- Edson CD-i® geared direct drive steering system, emergency tiller w/ storage brackets. Ritchie® compass w/custom Island Packet nav grid, s/s wheel, hinged fiberglass cockpit table, provisions for remote autopilot installation, single-lever engine control with premium Glendinning® control cables, space for electronic installations.
- Teak cap and drip rail with stainless steel striker. Side deck drains led to boot stripe thru-hulls.
- High impact vinyl lower rubrails with s/s striker.
- Select hardwoods, veneers and high pressure laminates for bulkheads, cabinetwork, and trim. Louvered cabin doors, cedar-lined lockers and drawers.
- Furniture-quality satin-gloss varnish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process.
- Slip-resistant molded sole in galley and navigation area (diamond pattern) and heads (tile pattern).
- Refrigerator and freezer compartments. Lids on gas support struts for easy access. Dual Frigoboat® Keel Cooler refrigeration/freezer systems with individual digital controls (both compartments may be individually adjusted for use as refrigerator or freezer); electric drain pump, light.
- Gimballed Force 10® LPG stove w/oven and broiler. Sealed burner top, s/s guardrail with harness hooks, pots and pans storage beneath.
- Microwave oven, deep double s/s sinks, hot and cold pressure water tap with retractable spray unit, manual freshwater pump.
- SeaGull® IV water filter for fresh water (cold) at dedicated faucet at galley sink.
- Main saloon with full-length settees port and starboard with ergonomically shaped, multi-density cushions covered in Navy or Buff faux leather, large storage areas behind and beneath. One settee converts to double bunk. Large drop-leaf table folds against bulkhead storage cabinet for open saloon. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Varnished V-groove individual plank solid hardwood floor.
- Forward owner’s stateroom with island berth, mattress and privacy doors to head and saloon.
- Aft cabin with offset island berth, mattress, privacy door to main cabin, removable privacy panel in forward bulkhead. Cedar-lined bureau with removable shelves to allow use as hanging locker. Removable panel to port cockpit locker facilitates (dealer/owner) generator installation and access.
- Head compartment with separate shower stall and solid acrylic counters. Elegance™ fresh water electric flush head.
- Navigation station/office desk/ vanity in aft cabin, mirror under hinged tabletop, upholstered swing-out seat with electric control.
- Galley with open “U”-shaped design, solid acrylic counters with integral fiddles.
- 54 HP Yanmar® diesel engine (4JH4-ASBE) – fresh water cooled, mechanical fuel pump, heavy-duty, high output Balmar® 110 amp twin fan alternator with battery isolator, 3 blade fixed prop. Racor® fuel filter with water separator. Swedged and threaded jacketed fuel lines, bronze engine intake strainer.
- Extensive sound control with premium lead-lined insulating foam, gasketed doors/panels provide access to engine compartment.
- Four AGM 12 volt batteries: three house and one dedicated to engine start. 40 amp battery charger. Six ga l lon electric (AC only) water heater with engine heat exchanger.
- UL® listed marine pre-tinned 600V color coded and numbered wiring throughout.
- Deluxe electrical panel with battery switches, gauges and breakers for AC and DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights. Electric bilge pump, LPG and battery charger controls.
- 30 amp AC dockside power system with inlet breaker and one 30 amp, 120V shore power cord. Numerous interior outlets with GFCI protection.
- Fail-safe galvanic isolator with status panel.
- Charles® 5000 series, UL® listed, temperature compensating, three stage battery charger.
- Instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and engine monitoring system at helm.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and underwater metals.
- Pressure water system w/hot and cold water service in galley, head(s) and transom. UL® listed water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated shower and ice box drain pumps with strainers.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled, heavy wall marine grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut-off valve, s/s deck fill and tank-mounted gauge. Pre-plumbed for additional pick up/ return for (optional) generator or dealer/owner installed heater system.
- Exclusive ThermoCure™ fresh water tank(s) constructed of molded and baffled resin-infused fiberglass, s/s deck fill, remote tank level gauge.
- Exclusive ThermoCure™ fiberglass holding tank with s/s deck pump out fitting, remote tank level gauge.
- Heavy-duty Rule® 3790 electric bilge pump with auto control, electronic float switch. BilgeAlert® bilge alarm with remote alarm panel at helm.
- UL listed bronze, thru-bolted, flanged seacocks on all thru hulls below waterline; ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- All LED nav lights, including masthead anchor light and foredeck/steaming lights.
- Pre-wired for anchor windlass installation, bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to nav area; messengers pre-run for pulling additional wire.